Animal Crossing: New Horizons

9 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

Hmmm... 159 for turnips this morning, but the shop will be closed tomorrow... What to do!?

I'd wait, lots of people will have their new shop tomorrow, someone's bound to get a better price than that. 

33 minutes ago, skittles said:

Come by man! Please give me some tips on how to improve too. Kindly ignore my main room of the house, its a mess.

L1G4X

Anyone else welcome :)

Thanks for letting me in, your island looks lush. I love the path leading up to the shops, it's just so cramped with vegetation but it looks and feels right. Love the village area to the west as well. The only things I found a bit of a let down was that you have a few places that feels a bit cramped with stuff getting in the way of moving around. A few dead ends here and there. Other than that, friggin awesome place you've got. 

7 minutes ago, Rayn said:

Thanks for letting me in, your island looks lush. I love the path leading up to the shops, it's just so cramped with vegetation but it looks and feels right. Love the village area to the west as well. The only things I found a bit of a let down was that you have a few places that feels a bit cramped with stuff getting in the way of moving around. A few dead ends here and there. Other than that, friggin awesome place you've got. 

Thanks man. Going to work on that  :D

Gah, I used to have a Gold Phone Box but now I can't find it, I suspect I might have sold it by accident or gifted it by accident. Turns out it's not even for sale from my catalogue and I can't craft it :( 

1 minute ago, Rayn said:

Gah, I used to have a Gold Phone Box but now I can't find it, I suspect I might have sold it by accident or gifted it by accident. Turns out it's not even for sale from my catalogue and I can't craft it :( 

Each person has their own colour of the nook ticket items, they cant be ordered for direct delivery to others or crafted.  You can just order your own colour for delivery to yourself.

Mine is officially yellow but looks more like gold. 

image.png.f50d8d185b6718e8b484ba2641bd0dd5.png

Am happy to swap one with you, what is the colour of the one you can order from nook points?

Also happy to do a similar swap with anyone else, so far the only other one I have is green so after all the rest

3 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

Each person has their own colour of the nook ticket items, they cant be ordered for direct delivery to others or crafted.  You can just order your own colour for delivery to yourself.

Mine is officially yellow but looks more like gold. 

image.png.f50d8d185b6718e8b484ba2641bd0dd5.png

Am happy to swap one with you, what is the colour of the one you can order from nook points?

Also happy to do a similar swap with anyone else, so far the only other one I have is green so after all the rest

My catalogue says Gold Phone Box, but it also says Not For Sale so I can't order one :( 

Edit: I'm thick, I'm looking in the wrong catalogue :lol: God damnit, I was up too early this morning. 

Just now, StumpyJohn said:

You can only order the phone box from the terminal in resident services, it is in the redeem nook miles tickets section

Yeah, I've edited my reply. I've ordered two now, so I will happily swap you a gold one (unless your yellow one is also named Gold). I'd rather have the Brick Fence recipe in return, mind. If you can aquire it, that is. 

1 minute ago, Rayn said:

Just checked, there are, indeed, two different yellow ones. 

This is mine: 

spacer.png

Awesome I will send you one of my all yellows in exchange.  I cant remember which fence recipes were available today but I'll check when on to see if Brick is one of them

Having spent all of my turnip profits on the final upgrade I was left with no funds for next week so I have started to slow process of converting thousands of Nook points into bells 500 points at a time. It's going to take a while. 

2 hours ago, skittles said:

The dream right here 

https://v.redd.it/xcx5q43un7u41

It looks great, but I prefer the video where the flowers are the other way round, so you get the rolling horizon effect. Have you seen that one?

1 hour ago, StumpyJohn said:

I have far too many flowers on my island and more pop up every day.  In order to actually start on some of my project ideas I need to make some space and so far I have given away about 50 and sold about the same to Nooks.  After running around this morning I reckon I need to get rid of another 100 at least, maybe 150 and rather than offload them all at Nooks when it reopens I'd rather give them away to anyone who wants to decorate their island.

I have a mix of all types available and can do specific requests or provide a mix.  Most are the standard colours but there are also orange and blue hybrid pansies available and I might chuck in some hybrid hyacinths too.  Some are buds and some are fully grown, all have been watered as it was raining this morning.

Easiest way to transfer them is for me to visit you and to plant them.  I should be around most of the evening after work so just let me know if anyone is interested and I will send out another post when am online later

I should probably sort out coming to get some flowers from you. It’s the last thing my island needs for 5 stars, and I’m just sticking fucking pansies everywhere and it looks shit. 

1 hour ago, Rayn said:

Anyone care to open up for visit? Preferable with a shop that doesn't undergo upgrades :) I've got bells to spend but my shop is closed and Mabel had nothing but shit today. 

I will open later.

And I totally get what you mean in your other post about the history of development on your island. 
People who’ve come to mine recently have seen the changes I’ve made. And it’s been kind of hard to make them. 
I wish I’d taken more pictures so I could look back on the evolution of certain areas. 

I made custom paths a long time ago; before anyone unlocked real paths and knew they existed. So my island was covered in meticulously laid paving (as my paths involve at least 5 separate design tiles which you can lay in many different ways), and it’s been so hard to remove them and replace with the mass produced paths. But I felt my customs ones looked better in a “less is more” sort of way. 

But gone is the little tiki torch lit path to my house.
Gone is the broken brick paving in front of my museum leading to the old play area. 

Gone is my older cafe with trees behind and my first attempt at hybrid flowers (which didn’t work).

Gone now is my campsite as well, with more paving that took half an hour to lay at least. 

Some parts will never change. I don’t care how much space my prison camp and forest take up on my island; I can’t part with it. 
I’m obviously never going to delete my zoo because I love it. 
I don’t think I’ll ever chance my provincial town area, because it’s a nice change of pace from the modernised areas. 
My murder scene woods and campfire area and so nice and simple, even though they’re right by the airport and the entrance to my island is fairly underwhelming. 
My Disney beach towels have been halved in number so I could create more design slots, and I felt guilty about that. But Colin’s shrine is never leaving. That used to be the main thing on my island!!

I can feel areas of my island which I know I’m not obsessed with, so definitely can and will change as the game progresses; there’s plenty still to do. I like mostly trying to work within the confines of the existing layout, but my new campsite area is a huge change (and I have no idea what I’m doing or how it’s going to look; I’m just winging it). 
I really need more flowers though. But I don’t want huge fields of them. 

1 minute ago, NexivRed said:

It looks great, but I prefer the video where the flowers are the other way round, so you get the rolling horizon effect. Have you seen that one?

I should probably sort out coming to get some flowers from you. It’s the last thing my island needs for 5 stars, and I’m just sticking fucking pansies everywhere and it looks shit. 

I have an idea that includes a vertical flower field that rolls with the horizon but it needs a crapton of terraforming first and I dont yet have a full flower spectrum either

Am happy to do flower delivery to you along with @Laine and @ymaohyd and others, have plenty to share.

In my early morning session I got the peach umbrella recipe, I can make one for you if you don't have it already

1 minute ago, Uncle Mike said:

You can buy the tool that lets you lay your custom designs as actual paths, can't you?

yes, with nook miles.  You can also just go into the custom design app in the nook phone and place patterns on the ground

17 minutes ago, ymaohyd said:

White and red are the only ones I’m missing, please swap with my green one?

I just sent you a white one and totally forgot to use the wrapping paper I just bought for it.

16 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

I would very happily swap you one of my yellow ones for one of your white ones

And I can have another available to send tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

yes, with nook miles.  You can also just go into the custom design app in the nook phone and place patterns on the ground

It's worth mentioning that laying them down as oaths means you can't accidentally wipe them when trying to pick shit up.

8 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

It's worth mentioning that laying them down as oaths means you can't accidentally wipe them when trying to pick shit up.

I am tempted to go and do every single custom tile I have like this....but seeing as my paths use numerous tiles, it will take fucking forever. Can’t just pave a whole line.