Animal Crossing: New Horizons

34 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

Bleh. Can’t get any further with my new build until I catalogue a couple of items. 

Is there anyone willing to open who can share things like the science kit or the white board or anything else you might find in a lab?

@gingerling let me know when you’re on again today and I’d love to catalogue that silver screen please. Cos I’ll need about 10 probably lol. 

I have 2 whiteboards. One with stuff on it and one blank.

Oh, and a plasma ball thing.

1 hour ago, Hewson said:

Finally persuaded Diana to piss off yesterday after weeks of passive and not-so-passive aggression only to read a Eurogamer piece this morning that led me to discover she's currently the 7th 'most valuable' villager in the lunatic currency market that's broken out.

I've got Audie, the second 'most valuable' villager.  She's quite annoying.

What I didn't get from that article was precisely how villagers are sold.  By what mechanism can you sell a villager on your island to another player? 

When they decide to move out, they spend a day packing their things, and a visitor can talk them into moving into their island. Or, I guess, when you have one as a campsite visitor? So you're being paid to open your gates on that day. And presumably farming Nook Miles islands when you have an open vacancy until you spawn a "top tier" villager. Then ignoring them until they want to move out again. It sounds like a joyless existence.

There isn't any other mechanism, is there?

This is why I'm not bothered if they leave or not. Bill left of his own accord, no bullying or anything. He just wanted to move on. I've deliberately not built the last house because want Cherry specifically because who wouldn't want the goth dog? 

None of mine have particularly strong personalities. Spike has a cool scar. Celia and Amelia are pretty much the same person. Twiggy is a ditz pop star wannabe. Hippeux was annoying at first but I kind of like him now. I wouldn't shed a tear if Ozzie left, he just runs around the plaza with his arms out like an aeroplane. And someone earlier didn't like Diva. Have you seen her fucking house!? It's stupendous!

53 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

Ahh, brilliant thank you!

@ilpostino that could work, I’d need to see it. If not, I can post it back to you. Thank you. 

Anyone got the garden table with a white, black, grey or blue border? Mine’s green and looks like a ping pong table. 

m273d9f012p41.jpg

1 hour ago, NexivRed said:

Is there anyone willing to open who can share things like the science kit or the white board or anything else you might find in a lab?

@gingerling let me know when you’re on again today and I’d love to catalogue that silver screen please. Cos I’ll need about 10 probably lol. 

I think you've already seen my science room but you're welcome to pay another visit when I'm open later to see if there's anything you want. 

6 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

None of mine have particularly strong personalities. Spike has a cool scar. Celia and Amelia are pretty much the same person. Twiggy is a ditz pop star wannabe. Hippeux was annoying at first but I kind of like him now. I wouldn't shed a tear if Ozzie left, he just runs around the plaza with his arms out like an aeroplane. And someone earlier didn't like Diva. Have you seen her fucking house!? It's stupendous!

I've got Huck and Lucha, who are basically the same, but one is a creepy frog, and the other is a bird dressed as a masked Mexican wrestler, with an appropriately themed house. And Sprocket, the gym-obsessed robo-Ostrich.

Very much work in progress but the open air cinema is coming together, at least as a proof of concept. I guess it will all depend on whether one or two more of the vertical screens line up neatly. Then I can have more of a think about seating and lighting. And sourcing a popcorn machine. 

IMG_20200422_170522.jpg

Okay, turns out you can still kick away custom paths even if you’ve laid them with the path tool. 

And you can’t layer another custom design on top of them either by just using the “place on ground” option. 

So why the fuck there’s a custom option there, when you can’t round corners, avoid kicking it away, or layer something on top, I don’t know.  

24 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

As long as the people who want to leave are one of Lucha, Velma or Huck, I'm happy for departures. I like most of the others, although I'm not fussed about Eunice yet.

I have that irritating cunt Huck too, and even worse is Wart Jnr, a turd-brown Huckalike with an even worse personality and voice.

With all the gorgeous animal options in the game like Deer, Cats, Wolves, Hippos, Rhinos and Kangas, I get two ugly fucking frogs instead.

I beat the living shit outta Huck with my net for hours, but I think he actually enjoys it now.

Gonna try the silent treatment.

1 hour ago, NexivRed said:

Bleh. Can’t get any further with my new build until I catalogue a couple of items. 

I have sent you a best friend request. I will then order one and post it.

Think silent treatment works best. I'd been avoiding speaking to dudfrog for ages and only spoke to her yesterday went he was moping around with like clouds above her head or something which was when she made my day by saying she was thinking about going. Better not have been lying to me, swear to god she better be gone when  I check-in shortly. 

11 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Think silent treatment works best. I'd been avoiding speaking to dudfrog for ages and only spoke to her yesterday went he was moping around with like clouds above her head or something which was when she made my day by saying she was thinking about going. Better not have been lying to me, swear to god she better be gone when  I check-in shortly. 

Dammit she still here packing her stuff... 

34 minutes ago, MagicalDrop said:

Very much work in progress but the open air cinema is coming together, at least as a proof of concept. I guess it will all depend on whether one or two more of the vertical screens line up neatly. Then I can have more of a think about seating and lighting. And sourcing a popcorn machine. 

IMG_20200422_170522.jpg

They line up pretty close, I have a couple side by in my museum gift shop area.

On which note, has anyone come across a cash register type item yet?

We are looking to fruitify our island up a bit so wondering if anyone fancies visiting to drop off a couple of Apples, Pears or Cherries? We have plenty Oranges and a few Peaches to trade back in kind.

Our island code is F15N3 and we'll leave it open for around an hour or so.

Thanks in advance!