Animal Crossing: New Horizons

@NexivRed thank you for the suggestion for the stall customisation, the sushi and noodle restaurant “Bass On Your Face” is now officially open to franchising. The romantic movie set in the background is also complete with your camera.0E15AE1D-6A29-4370-BF30-4CE7A1C72E11.thumb.jpeg.d01906cb6530e88bf8e16b094f13f2e6.jpeg

Also...is anyone open for visitors? My shop is shut and I have a pocket full of tat and a modest amount of turnips to get rid of.

12 minutes ago, gingerling said:

Whoever is at Oreo, Rachaelle is a goon and freaking out as she doesn't know how to reply to messages :)

I've been telling her that you are all stealing her flowers. :omg:

I was there. :D

3 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

@NexivRed thank you suggestion for the stall customisation, the sushi and noodle restaurant “Bass On Your Face” is now officially open to franchising. The romantic movie set in the background is also complete with your camera.0E15AE1D-6A29-4370-BF30-4CE7A1C72E11.thumb.jpeg.d01906cb6530e88bf8e16b094f13f2e6.jpeg

Also...is anyone open for visitors? My shop is shut and I have a pocket full of tat and a modest about of turnips to get rid of.

I see your island is looking slightly more normal than the last time I visited. Slightly.

29 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

You were going to be opening so that I can give you the flowers and stuff

I’m going to open up now - got distracted by slay the spire and baby waking up repeatedly!

54 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

Also...is anyone open for visitors? My shop is shut and I have a pocket full of tat and a modest about of turnips to get rid of.

I can open again if you want - it's 4:49PM local time here.

3 hours ago, Number 28 said:

Yeah, I just popped to Indy's Paradise and dropped a bunch of fruit. It looks like you just started (no Ables, etc) and it's so much more organised than my island. My place is just trees randomly slapped everywhere, it looks like the first game! I'm going to have to start arranging things better, I'm actually embarrassed, haha

Like Azrael I picked up some red and yellow roses, cheers for that! I think I'll have to steal your fenced rose patch idea. :)

Ha no worries, thanks for the fruit... appear to be missing one though, not sure which but will have a google later.

edit: its coconut, my boy just planted the tree rather than growing it.

4 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

Really? I'm sure I dumped all the fruits. I'll go full Mr Resetti if someone pinched one?? :sherlock:

It’s the coconut, we pinched the trees from a mystery island and then planted those... will plant half a dozen once I get the switch back

After you left I went full grid on the trees, they are all geometrically sound now lol

4 hours ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

After you left I went full grid on the trees, they are all geometrically sound now lol

I thought your trees were already arranged quite strategically? I admire your dedication, I really need to decide what I'm doing. :unsure:

Btw, was this game always due on the date it released? I'm wondering if they pushed it out early to beat the virus lockdown and the updates (hedges, art gallery, Redd) are actually things they intended for release. I hope we'll get more updates regardless. Incidentally, is this going live at midnight? Maybe the museum will have to spend another day under scaffolding/tarp? Nah, that would drive people nuts, surely...

Edit: 5am, new day is most likely right

I have these fossils in storage if anyone needs them:

2 x Dimetrodon torso

1 x Dunkleosteus

1 x Juramala

1 x Ophthalmo skull

1 x Ophthalmo torso

1 x Parasaur tail

1 x Plesio body

1 x Quetzal torso

1 x Sabertooth tail

2 x Spino torso

1 x T. Rex skull

2 x Triceratops tail

That Eurogamer article's a great read. In game currencies and trading are fascinating to me, even though in real life I have no interest in those subjects. Whats interesting is seeing what holds value in games and how that evolves over time. Who would have thought Nook Mile tickets would become the currency!

Other mindblowing facts in the article; there are over 400 villagers in A.C., hence why some are so sought after. And according to Eurogamer a single Nook ticket is worth about 200k bells at the moment! What?!

Ps anyone want to buy some Nook Miles tickets off me :eyebrows:

@NexivRed I can't kick my custom path designs so you were probably still in construction mode when you kicked them, it allows that as an easy way to erase as you build.

34 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

I would appreciate the T.Rex Skull if you don't mind! You could probs mail it to me if I'm on your buddy app?

No problem, I’ve sent you a friend request as you weren’t showing up in the app, once that’s sorted I’ll mail it over

Just spent the evening crafting Godzilla mountain to find that you can’t really see Godzilla :lol:

I built a secret viewing platform round the back which kinda helps. I’d done nothing at all with that top right corner or the map so felt good to plan and execute something. 

Also organised my orchard as the jumble of trees and fruit types was doing my head in.