Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Not playing till tomorrow but I have 2 islands on 2 switches to set-up in my house. 

Is it worth having one in the southern and one in the northern hemisphere? Is there an advantage if we plan to visit each other?

I really didn’t want pears as my fruit, would like something with a bit more colour. But 4 resets later and it’s still bloody pears every time. Supposed to be random but after 5 successive pear islands I’m having my doubts.

• Upvote 1

Argh, it let my wife play at midnight but I had to wait until five past, haha. Anyway, delighted to be living on Auch Island. It's more beautiful that I expected, I love the textures on the animals' heads haha.

Played for an hour and I'm gutted I've gotta sleep. Paid off the tent and did a wee bit of fishing before getting bit by a spider. Looking forward to a lazy sunday with this.

• Upvote 1

Woke up at 3 and couldn’t sleep so played this for three hours in bed. It is soooo good. Apples for me. Santiago is my island and one of my lazy island inhabitants is still in bed! Love the way of getting around the islands. 

• Upvote 1

Played 10 minutes of it this morning. I'm a bit paralyzed trying to find a name for my island I'll want to keep. I think I'm going to go for something Discworld related, but haven't decided yet. 

It looks properly lovely, though. 

• Upvote 1

My island name was from Sandman. Nexos is the Greek island where Orpheus the decapitated living head lives', I am such a nerd.

Oh and two hrs solid play this morning and that's my first 5000 miles paid off to Tom. 

He's a bit cutthroat though. Kidnapping you to this island and forcing you into debt. 

• Upvote 3

Accidentally woke up at 4am and put 3 hours in on my new Lite. It’s glorious, can’t wait until I see it on the big screen but will let the youngest start that island first. 

Paid off the first 5000 miles and Nook’s promised me an upgrade. Used the next 5000 miles on a bag upgrade, although the default was more generous than New Leaf.

If you donate 5 creatures to Nook then you can invite the museum guy over. 

Wahi Tapu is goooo

Ive played a bit this morning, and paid off the first debt. Assume the airport opens once your first day is finished. 

First one since I guess the first DS game. It’s very nice so far

27 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Can’t believe you’ve all got nice fruit and I’m stuck with bloody pears.

My mum sent me pears in the post, so I have planted them. Santiago Orchard will soon be open to all!