Jump to content
IGNORED

Animal Crossing: New Horizons.


Mr Do 71
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Uxorious said:

@Mr Do 71 will you stop playing New Leaf when the the new Animal Crossing comes out? (I'm not sure I can do that.) Do you still play Wild World? It seems quite daft to say, but you become quite attached to the world and the characters within. Just me? 

 

Probably play it less, and I don't play Wild World anymore. The graphics have dated badly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Mr Do 71 said:

 

Probably play it less, and I don't play Wild World anymore. The graphics have dated badly.

What I find more dated about Wild World than the roughly-textured graphics is the juddery frame rate. It's not much fun to put up with. Also, WW was so stripped down in terms of features and events, there's not that much to come back to once the house has been completed, IMO.

 

I loaded up my GameCube village (est. 2003) the other evening, it's still in great shape. :D Animal Crossing on the GameCube is still a unique experience compared to the others, and that soundtrack, it's still the best of any game in the series.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

I loaded up my GameCube village (est. 2003) the other evening, it's still in great shape. Animal Crossing on the GameCube is still a unique experience compared to the others, and that soundtrack, it's still the best of any game in the series.

 

While WW is definitely the weakest in the series, I think it still has the best title screen music of all AC games.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Nintendo's online side of games is generally terrible. I've had more disconnects during eShop visits and Splatoon 2 battles then I can count. And the weird thing is, I never had that on my WiiU.

 

I’ve never had it on my Switch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I still can't finish a youtube trailer on their eShop channel without it pausing to reconnect at least twice before the end. I am using my Switch over wi-fi though. But never had that problem when using the WiiU over the exact same wi-fi connection. Same case with Splatoon 2 vs Splatoon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The music kicking in at 49 seconds when the time lapse footage starts gets me right in the feels for some reason:

 

 

 

And I know this is absurdly nerdy of me but the interior shots of Fuchsia's home look soooo good. The furniture and decor and floorboards all look lovely as fuck in HD.

 

TcQJ13J.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

I still can't finish a youtube trailer on their eShop channel without it pausing to reconnect at least twice before the end. I am using my Switch over wi-fi though. But never had that problem when using the WiiU over the exact same wi-fi connection. Same case with Splatoon 2 vs Splatoon.

 

Sounds like your wifi then - it’s not a general problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, deKay said:

 

Sounds like your wifi then - it’s not a general problem.

 

But I never had it on the WiiU while using the exact same internet set-up, and it litt. only started when I replaced my WiiU with a Switch. And no other appliance seems to have the wifi problems when in use, so it really must be Switch-related.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ann coulter said:

The music kicking in at 49 seconds when the time lapse footage starts gets me right in the feels for some reason:

 

 

 

I like how the villager with the straw hat is deeply contemplating whether this is the right choice she's made in her life while her dress flaps silently in the wind - an ominous sign of the stormy yet tragic love affair she's headed to when her eyes will meet the sad and lonely eyes of DJ KK at a sweaty rave party over exactly one month from that very day she's now spending at the beach. And another villager has just received a dick pic from his bf.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

 

But I never had it on the WiiU while using the exact same internet set-up, and it litt. only started when I replaced my WiiU with a Switch. And no other appliance seems to have the wifi problems when in use, so it really must be Switch-related.

 

Your Switch, yes. Have you tried changing the wifi channel on the router?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jonamok said:

 

It’s a good thing, why?

 

It says in the url of the link.

 

If you can backup your save you can cheat. They don’t want you to cheat, so you can’t backup your save.

 

Same as Pokémon Let’s Go and the 3DS Animal Crossing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, deKay said:

 

It says in the url of the link.

 

If you can backup your save you can cheat. They don’t want you to cheat, so you can’t backup your save.

 

Same as Pokémon Let’s Go and the 3DS Animal Crossing.

 

The problem is that it’s an inconvenience for the masses to prevent a few abusing the system in a non-competitive game. Why do Nintendo care if a few cheat if most people gain peace of mind from a cloud save system.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jonamok said:

I imagine there would be easy ways to stop that with time stamps etc. It feels more like they can’t be arsed to solve it.

 

I backup my save.

I give you all my money.

I restore my save.

 

How do they prevent that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

None of which are a solution.

 

I lost my Wii AC save when my console died so I understand the need for backups, but Nintendo don’t want you to cheat so that’s it. No backups, same as on the 3DS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Mr Do 71 changed the title to Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.