Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Mr Do 71

1 minute ago, Alan Stock said:

And some other cool rain stuff - you can hear the sound of rain hitting different roof types and you can hear it on the roof in Nooks as well. And another cool audio thing - when it's raining if you hit rocks, the objects coming out make a proper wet thud when they hit the ground. And your footsteps even sound different in the wet! You can tell some real love went into the audio visual design of this game.

Kicking up wet sand and mud when you're running through it, too :wub:

2 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

One great little touch I found the other day was when it's raining and you're in your house. If your wallpaper has windows then rotate the camera and you can see the raindrops hitting the glass and sliding down - it looks great! And you can barely see it unless you're moving the camera! 

And some other cool rain stuff - you can hear the sound of rain hitting different roof types and you can hear it on the roof in Nooks as well. And another cool audio thing - when it's raining if you hit rocks, the objects coming out make a proper wet thud when they hit the ground. And your footsteps even sound different in the wet! You can tell some real love went into the audio visual design of this game.

I remarked at this; that it sounded like fingering :hmm:

Just now, MagicalDrop said:

No, we literally bumped into each other on 3 different islands without so much as a hello. Sad times. 

Oh, I’m sorry :( I can’t recognise people cos you all look the bloody same. A dude. 

I can come water you. I was sure I’d visited though..

Tbh, I decided I’d visit all islands I could early afternoon, then do stuff on mine in the evening. 

It’s half 10, and I still didn’t get to everyone I saw open (clearly), and have done sod all on my island. 

When are we getting 40 hour days so I can fit everything in?

28 minutes ago, MagicalDrop said:

Can anyone spare 10 mins to come and do a bit of flower watering? I thought I had 5 people water today but not getting large sparkles on anything do somethings gone wrong somewhere. 

The regular watering posse of @Danster, @StumpyJohn and @spanx have already helped today.

Thanks in hope! 

A detail to note if you have lots of visitors is that your 5 waterers must come from your first 10 visitors as I understand it.

1 hour ago, bimbam said:

Has anyone got any of the floor lights I could buy, how much are they?

Come to Licky End and catalog them then you can order your own. They are right of the shop.

13 minutes ago, Spleen said:

Mine is, the first day didn't work as a rock came back next to a flower. Bah!

Hopefully tomorrow will be better. 

Didn't think they could spawn next to flowers? Urgh, I may have to go around and add a lot more then. 

My wife has spotted a flaw in Nook's mortgage/

"Hang on, this basement is even more expensive again! What a rip off artist. Although he does give me the basement first. And he doesn't chase me up for repayment."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying I just scored me a free basement. Nook's won't see another bell paid out on that loan."

And later,

"Poor Nook. Wondering when I'm going to repay him and here I am dragging a grand piano past his hall and into my house. Make those big eyes all you want, I'm done paying your mortgage."

OMG was speaking to my brother again about AC. He was saying how happy he was that his worst villager was leaving but that he wasn't happy with the one that moved in today. I asked who it was and he said Diva. 

Me: "Diva? Sounds familiar, is she a mouse?"

Brother: "I don't know what she is, she's any annoying little purple thing.."

Me: :o It's Dudfrog! DIVA THE DUDFROG! YOU'VE GOT THE DUDFROG NOW :lol::lol:

I don't know if it's the one from my island or purely a random coincidence but it's hilarious, from earlier:

On 21/04/2020 at 23:57, Azrael said:

Well I'm happy because Diva the dudfrog told me she was thinking about leaving and I was willing to pack her bags for her. Should be gone by tomorrow. My one hope is she shows up on my brother's island after jokingly telling him I'd send her to him when we were discussing our favourite and most hated villagers. 

My gate is open to friends, if you want to visit just PM me your friend code.

There's not much happening today though, it's 1pm here. The rain has stopped and I have mushrooms growing.

I did just buy an upright piano though so if you want that added to your catalogue we can do the pick up drop thing.

I love all the little touches in this game.

My partner caught a mitten crab and dumped it in my living room because it was cute and I was "crabby."

Unlike other fish it sits in a plastic bucket. And if you tap on the side of the bucket he raises his little claws!

Snapping turtles don't sit in a container and if you tap them they hiss. And if you tap a monster statue a musical sting plays and then it roars before shooting fire out of it's mouth.

Someone has made an Animal Crossing horror game called Kind Donations.

https://jaspers.itch.io/kind-donations

It's a late night at the _____ Museum. The island representative has come in to donate today's haul of insects.

Explore a museum warped by the perspective of its humble curator, burdened with the task of homing his worst nightmare.

LENGTH: 10-15 Minutes

WARNINGS: Blood, Insects, Light Jumpscares

swMSCm.png

6UWUpe.png