Jump to content
IGNORED

Animal Crossing: New Horizons.


Mr Do 71
 Share

Recommended Posts

Aha, that was you! I wondered. :D

 

I managed to catch a scorpion and a coalecanth last night on a rainy mystery island. It took me about two hours of fishing and sprinting around to scare away the smaller fish...how are other people plucking them out like sea bass?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Mike said:

Thank you.  Your island is lovely.

 

Annoyingly my pockets were so full of the nips I had to leave the amazing red winklepickers on the shelf.

I can order you some red ones if you want!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Mike said:

Thank you.  Your island is lovely.

 

Annoyingly my pockets were so full of the nips I had to leave the amazing red winklepickers on the shelf.

I can order you some red ones if you want!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Rayn said:


Oi, timetravelling scum :lol:

 

:lol: 

 

I just want to continue the process of my project, but the mannequins were getting in the way. The 750k I paid my son hadn't paid off and I just snapped you honour. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Number 28 said:

No worries, I just got back on here. I have the two flags if you want to pop along. I've opened the gate. Any future items can be sent directly. 

 

If anyone else wants to show up, feel free. I have a bunch of fossils going, but I don't suppose anyone needs them because they seem common. Leif is also here. :)

Edit: Shep in the East North East of the island (behind the T-rex) is doling out the Wooden Double Bed recipe.

 

But can I visit without a dodo-code then?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

But can I visit without a dodo-code then?

Yup, just choose to visit friends. You should either get a list of open islands, or, if only mine is open, you'll come straight here.

 

5 minutes ago, Spleen said:

I consider mine natural, not a mess...

Same. :D

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quick question about rivers.

 

1. Do I need to have them flowing from one top area, to two bottom flows to the sea? Or can I just have it go to one?

2. If I move the top pool, will it affect the type of fish that spawn there? Will still keep it on Level 3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bradigor said:

Quick question about rivers.

 

1. Do I need to have them flowing from one top area, to two bottom flows to the sea? Or can I just have it go to one?

2. If I move the top pool, will it affect the type of fish that spawn there? Will still keep it on Level 3


You can do what you want with connecting to river mouths. The ‘river detection’ is a bit screwed. I had a long yesterday (never connected to a river mouth) that was flowing like a river!

 

Move any pool you want. Any pond on a level will spawn what’s meant to.

 

You will generally want one river at least that flows from an upper level over a waterfall at 4 squares wide for river (cliff top) spawns. Add a pond and you can then spawn all fish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, thesnwmn said:


I set up for this today. My island is already pretty full so I placed about 10 mannequins and some items. With so few needed I actually just crafted or used some sensible outdoors objects and replaced them. Fingers crossed this works as planned and I found all the spots because it would be amazing to do it with basically no fake cruft.


Good luck, mate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:


You can do what you want with connecting to river mouths. The ‘river detection’ is a bit screwed. I had a long yesterday (never connected to a river mouth) that was flowing like a river!

 

Move any pool you want. Any pond on a level will spawn what’s meant to.

 

You will generally want one river at least that flows from an upper level over a waterfall at 4 squares wide for river (cliff top) spawns. Add a pond and you can then spawn all fish.

 

Great thanks for that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

Think I might have finally twigged why my island rating is stuck back at 4 with the too much crap message.  Have had 8 unidentified fossils dropped on the ground as part of my museum complex.  Cant believe its taken me more than a week to think of that!  Have replaced them with flowers for now so hopefully I can get my 5 star rating back so long as I remember to pick up recipe swaps from beach at end of day am about 50/50 on remembering to do that atm

 

Edit, and Leonardo is crafting atm, Pear Wardrobe 

Realised the same thing the other day and removed them, plus the 20 recipes I'd left put for folk!

 

Removed them all and... no joy even after half a day. I tried again this morning with only 10 fossils and 2 apples out that I could see overnight, but still at 4 stars this morning with items being the reason given. One day this week I will pick up everything overnight and see ifzi can get 5 stars in the morning. All I can think is that I must have some fruit or something hidden behind trees that's adding to the total?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

Yup, just choose to visit friends. You should either get a list of open islands, or, if only mine is open, you'll come straight here.

 

 

Cool. Say, would you mind being open a bit after 6:30PM? As my kid's kinda hogging the Switch at the moment...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, bradigor said:

@thesnwmn, would this work then? (This leads to the easterly river mouth and I have a pond elsewhere on the island. 

 

 

 

It depends what you want. My understanding is that fish only spawn in 4 wide rivers (maybe it's 3) that looks narrower for most of it (but maybe not). There's nothing really wrong. Best suggestion is carve out what you want and then wait and catch some fish. See what's spawning to ensure its correctly river/pond (it will be fine 99% of time but seen some odd occurrences).

 

So long as it's river and near a waterfall then it counts as clifftop. Again, spend time checking that fish do spawn where you want them before building up around things is my suggestion (particularly if moving buildings to spots that will restrict river changes).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had grand ambitions for a Japanese castle-style setup with zen walls, bridges, moats, etc. The Plaza and Museum on the highest tier, shops and myself on tier two and the peasant class villagers on tier three, but then I realised...you can't move the plaza. Why Nintendo? :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, mikeyl said:

18 is the legal drinking age I don’t understand. 
 

add me on the switch (If not already) and come over for a cataloguing 

 

Have added, let me know when free and I'll pop over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

 

It depends what you want. My understanding is that fish only spawn in 4 wide rivers (maybe it's 3) that looks narrower for most of it (but maybe not). There's nothing really wrong. Best suggestion is carve out what you want and then wait and catch some fish. See what's spawning to ensure its correctly river/pond (it will be fine 99% of time but seen some odd occurrences).

 

So long as it's river and near a waterfall then it counts as clifftop. Again, spend time checking that fish do spawn where you want them before building up around things is my suggestion (particularly if moving buildings to spots that will restrict river changes).

 

Thanks. Think I'll get all the homes moved to the village area first (on the west of the island), then hook that up to the commercial area (on the east) then build the rivers around those, using my current past as a rough guide. Hopefully get the bulk of the moving done in the next two weeks. Just need to work out how best to position mine and my son's homes. 

 

I kind of want to move those to the village too, but also want them either side of my rock garden. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Laine said:

I can order you some red ones if you want!

Only just seen this.  That would be cool of you.  I'm sure they'll be back in a shop soon though if not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Mike said:

Only just seen this.  That would be cool of you.  I'm sure they'll be back in a shop soon though if not.

I’ll order when I go on later and we’ll have to sort a visit to drop off. Same thing happened to me and I missed out on a milkmaid dress. I was gutted!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.