IGNORED

Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Mr Do 71

This is digital crack and not recommended for people with weeding OCD. Drained my battery for the first time since Breath of the Wild, totally enrapturing. 

There’s much more to actually do than the GameCube version, as I recall. The Nook miles achievements and crafting offer a tangible sense of purpose to what you’re doing, rather than the collectathon I remember. 

Westowia Island is sure to be a must visit destination soon (in spite of the accursed pears).

25 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Can someone spoiler tell me how you get iron nuggets? I just bought the 3k tool pack and need them for everything :(

Spoiler

Can’t remember exactly, but donate insects and fish to Nook I think. That enables you to get a crappy axe. Then hit rocks. Iron

51 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Can someone spoiler tell me how you get iron nuggets? I just bought the 3k tool pack and need them for everything :(

Use an axe or shovel to hit rocks (I can't remember if you can use the flimsy shovel, actually, might just be the regular one). If you're quick, you can hit the same rock up to eight times before it stops spilling goodies. You'll get some stones and clay, but if you're lucky you'll get a few iron nuggets from a single rock.

23 minutes ago, majic said:

Nope.... Well pretty certain I choose northern...europe i think! 

Yeah, can confirm tarantula in Europe.

Also, since my revelatory encounter with Moose the Mouse in his tent earlier I've only gone and caught crabs. Loads of them.

8 minutes ago, Rudderless said:

Hide contents

Use an axe or shovel to hit rocks (I can't remember if you can use the flimsy shovel, actually, might just be the regular one). If you're quick, you can hit the same rock up to eight times before it stops spilling goodies. You'll get some stones and clay, but if you're lucky you'll get a few iron nuggets from a single rock.

You can use one of those. I've got a fair few. :)

21 minutes ago, Kieran said:

I want tarantulas!

You don't if you've been bitten by bees and end up passing out by being bitten by one!

It actually made one of my son's jump when it happened, as it was behind a tree and we didn't see it.  He's 10. :lol:

Got my fishing rod, net and currently cleaning up the area of weeds. Fighting with the wife for controller time. I knew this would happen when I let her do the tutorial. 

Sylvia the kangaroo seems pretty cool  but Loui the Ape is my main man (ape). 

43 minutes ago, spanx said:

Reveal hidden contents

Can’t remember exactly, but donate insects and fish to Nook I think. That enables you to get a crappy axe. Then hit rocks. Iron

16 minutes ago, Rudderless said:

Hide contents

Brilliant, thanks very much :)

2 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Is there a reason that Tom Nook no longer accepts any more of the beasts I am collecting? 

My pockets are stuffed with fish and bugs. 

Yeah because someone else is going to be more interested in them.

28 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Is there a reason that Tom Nook no longer accepts any more of the beasts I am collecting? 

My pockets are stuffed with fish and bugs. 

Drop them on the floor and they'll sit there in tanks / containers. It'll all make sense after reset.