Animal Crossing: New Horizons

So, my crane was out and about, and I talk to him and he goes “Nice night for a walk” then followed by, “I hope they’ll be back soon. And bring snacks”.

:blink: is that a legit reference?

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

So, my crane was out and about, and I talk to him and he goes “Nice night for a walk” then followed by, “I hope they’ll be back soon. And bring snacks”.

:blink: is that a legit reference?

:lol:

Is it sad that I found out my favourite islander shares my dog’s birthday and it’s the best thing ever? :D 

Actually, strike that. Going islander hunting on my kids’ game looking for friends for them is the best.
The eldest is a chip off the old block and wants Pietro, plus lots of surprise friends. He invited Vesta the sheep when he found her. 

I logged on as my youngest to explore and first one I found was Audie! I’d heard she was a favourite, but the fact she’s a peppy pink fox and my kids’ island is Foxville, I just had to have her. 
Also going to get him flurry and Julian if I can. 

Think Cranston might be getting the boot on my island, as I found out my other half shares a birthday with the flamingo, and his favourite colour is hot pink. Then I’ll miss never finding anyone new cos I’ll love them all to much to kick them :( 

• Upvote 1

My son is obsessed with the most popular villager list, he’s been trawling the island and has assembled Audie, Whitney, Stitches, Marina, Beau and Lolly. I’ve also had to buy amiibo coins of Julian and Marshal. It’s like high school.

• Upvote 1

I’m not sure, he’s pretty into the Flamingo and I don’t think that one’s popular. I think he’s also just seen a unicorn and can’t resist. 

2 hours ago, Broker said:

I think he’s also just seen a unicorn and can’t resist. 

My daughter was the same. Saw him on an island and we had to have him.

Is Penguin_Lad (from the old EDGE forum) still on rllmuk?

Thumbing through an old issue of retro gamer, I noticed that back in late 2002 he'd confessed writing love letters to some of the characters in (the original 'cube) Animal Crossing.

Ahh, the folly of youth...

Man, flowers popping up all over everywhere the morning after it's rained is a pain in the balls. Does everyone else have to do this or have you fenced or paved them off?

3 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Man, flowers popping up all over everywhere the morning after its rained is a pain in the balls. Does everyone else have to do this or have you fenced or paved them off?

Yeah I have them popping up on my paths.

After yesterday, moaning about him not visiting my island, Redd is here today. As far as I can tell, however, all four of his art pieces are fakes, and checking online seems to corroborate this.

He's got

Spoiler

The 'Quaint Painting' of the Milkmaid pouring too much milk (I've got the real one already anyway).

The 'Mona Lisa' with arched eyebrows.

Arcimboldo's 'Summer' without the thistle coming out of the man's chest.

'Beauty Looking Back' but the figure is too big and part of her dress is missing.

What gives? I thought one was always supposed to be real? 

10 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Is Penguin_Lad (from the old EDGE forum) still on rllmuk?

Thumbing through an old issue of retro gamer, I noticed that back in late 2002 he'd confessed writing love letters to some of the characters in (the original 'cube) Animal Crossing.

Ahh, the folly of youth...

I sent a threatening letter to one of the villagers back in the day to someone who had ripped off my then partner in a trade.

Something to the effect of  "Dear Such and such, If you are mean again and rip off my wife I will fuck you up for life. Here have an apple."

Two weeks later I've got a whole group of friends over and one of them is playing Animal Crossing when one of the animals runs over. "Hey guess what! My friend is so cool he sent me this amazing letter!" 

And proceeded to display my threats to a small chipmunk to a room full of friends.

I have rarely been so mortified.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, you gotta be careful, the animals are total snitches. I told one animal to refer to me as 'master', now they're all doing it.

image.png.0a7b9a4eae602490373803fdb7125a62.png

Everyone on my island has become a jock type now. Everyone's going to end up with one massive right arm. :facepalm:

• Upvote 5

I hope Nintendo add more ways to spend Nook miles at some point. I'm sitting on 54k at the moment. I don't fancy blowing them all on the nook miles lottery only to get 99% useless islands and I don't need the resources.