rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

I don’t think it affects balance at all and the in game economy was interesting enough to make the front page of the FT. I thought it was interesting Nook Mile Tickets immediately became an alternative currency as they are in effect a time limited resource. 

7 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

There's a white harp on sale at Nook today (130k) if anyone's interested.

Yes please! I'll post you the bells now.

EDIT: Sent

I don't have a problem with it, I just think its an interesting design choice because it splits the players in terms of progression. I'm into game design so it's fun to look at the reasoning and results of those choices. I also find the player psychology interesting, for example the only reason I started going for big turnip hauls was because I was playing the game so much I kept running out of storage and rooms to play with. So I was always desperate to pay off the house loans so I could do more stuff in the game because I was loving it.

5 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

Nice one. I already have one in my catalogue so there's still one up for grabs at Nook if anyone else is after one.

18 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

Yes! My study needs that!

grabbed it for you so nobody else nicks it. My gate is open now if you’re about?

Efit: paddy from Binkton 

It just demonstrates that there's a bit of a disconnect between what people want - a good online sandboxy-economy game, as people want to, and enjoy the money making / trading thing. But it's clear it's not really want Nintendo intended people to do with it. Naive perhaps.

But while my initial reaction was wondering why people want to do it at all with AC when there are games that do this better (IDK what it's like now but I knew people that would almost never venture outside of a capital city in World of Warcraft because buying and selling on the auction house was game enough for them). But perhaps people want to do this sort of trading thing along side a world of friendship and charm, and enjoy the reward of building amazing towns as opposed to in, say, World of Warcraft where the reward is just supposedly equipping for battle and looking tough.

I assume the stools appearing are because there's music and a microphone stand. 

I think the chairs appear and disappear according to how much they want to sit there. My son has more stuff around the plaza and the chairs appear quite often, but I rarely see them.

45 minutes ago, Broker said:

Anyone need the grandfather clock?

6F5019BD-2547-49EF-BCD2-F117FBCB9A90.thumb.jpeg.19afddbd63ec755f5ea6f58e1ea9c626.jpeg

Does anyone want the darker brown version of this? 40k bells. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ryodi said:

I assume the stools appearing are because there's music and a microphone stand. 

Nah. It just something that happens on the square.

Gates open if anyone wants a nosey to somewhere new as I haven’t had that many visitors yet

I might be away as half working half playing, so feel free to explore

Friend code is 3054-6535-9129

jamesh - island name Ellijess

Anyone looking for a set of golf clubs now that lockdown restrictions are being eased? :lol:

I can order them from my catalogue - 54,000 bells

6 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Nah. It just something that happens on the square.

8 minutes ago, Broker said:

I think the chairs appear and disappear according to how much they want to sit there. My son has more stuff around the plaza and the chairs appear quite often, but I rarely see them.

Thanks. This is the first time I'd ever had anything surrounding the square so this is the first time I'd seen them outside of a KK concert. Currently playing Bubblegum KK which is clearly the best song for the residents to sing along to.

30 minutes ago, Broker said:

grabbed it for you so nobody else nicks it. My gate is open now if you’re about?

Efit: paddy from Binkton 

Coming now, with bells!

I’m open.  Got black lamp posts galore on the cliff behind my house free for all.

Buy whatever you like.

leif is here.

please water my flowers.

come see me!

Leif is in my town and has Orange and Yellow Tea Olives (which I have never heard of in my life?) if anybody is after them.

4 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

Have opened up for visitors.  Leif is in the plaza, he has Camellias as the out of season shrub

Raymond is crafting Stone Lion Dog

Big stack of free recipes in the swap area, please just help yourself

Nothing much else going on but I have finally prettied up the rest of the right hand side of my island

I'll be afk as am working

Ooh I don’t suppose you have a spare stone dog recipe?

8 minutes ago, Laine said:

Ooh I don’t suppose you have a spare stone dog recipe?

Sorry, it was new to me so did not get a duplicate to share, quite a few people visited this morning so perhaps one of them grabbed it as a duplicate.

If not then happy to make for you and post/ drop off.  They are 24 stone each

2 hours ago, Alan Stock said:

If anyone wants to come and see my island in its competition entry state

Wait, what?

4 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

Have opened up for visitors.  Leif is in the plaza, he has Camellias as the out of season shrub

Raymond is crafting Stone Lion Dog

Big stack of free recipes in the swap area, please just help yourself

Nothing much else going on but I have finally prettied up the rest of the right hand side of my island

I'll be afk as am working

Quick update, Mira is now crafting Keyholder which is a new one for me and hopefully for other too

The only reason I’d need to keep doing turnips (I didn’t bother this week), is to fund customisation kits. I go through them like nobody’s business. Easily spent a million on them. 

Just catching up on this thread due to being late to the Animal Crossing Party. 

Amazed to discover that Raymond is sought after.  We thought he was a wanker and complained about him hoping he'd leave. He stayed though. I now find that I could be an Animal Crossing Gazzillionaire if I sold him but a) I have no idea how to sell him and b) it seems too mean to sell him to some internet stranger.  What if they mistreat him?

So, we've got the weird situation of not really wanting him to stay and not really knowing how to get him to leave and if we should cash in on him.  I'm slightly amazed people care that much to have developed a black market for villagers! 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Weavus said:

Created a new path to go see Redd... (just need him to turn up now!)

Pretty straight forward that path, eh?

Incidentally, I shot a picture of you from the cliff top as you filmed that :)

5 hours ago, shirubagan said:

EDIT: Sent

Can you send me a copy of that when you receive it and I'll chuck you the bells, or ill come to you and catalogue it?

Just clocked Dobie pleasuring himself in Cookie's flowerbed!

bFlDb8L.jpg

Anyone else's garden and I'd have been amused, but not my Cookie :o

• Upvote 7

13 minutes ago, Weavus said:

Created a new path to go see Redd... (just need him to turn up now!)

Love those little circle mountains.