IGNORED

Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Mr Do 71

1 hour ago, NexivRed said:

Had a loom drop out of the sky, and so I made an area just for you @Alan Stock ^_^

FD7AB4E4-F228-41E1-A7C5-6DC0033ABCF9.thumb.jpeg.d1880dedc864f474571fa296c4009628.jpeg

I had no flippin' idea that magazines could be customised, makes sense tho of course!

Will fit in nicely with my mini theme of having my town flag on the odd little thing around the island

:)

1 hour ago, Flub said:

I can't remember if it was someone here who posted the trick to never getting stung by wasps (net out, face the tree from the front, mash a if the wasp drops) but it's flawless. I've never been stung since and it makes the daily tree shaking a pleasure rather than a chore.

If you don’t have your net out (harvesting wood or whatever), just hit the tool selector wheel. They can’t get you when you’re in that. Then you get a chance to swipe em when you come out the wheel.

3 minutes ago, sir stiff_one said:

If you don’t have your net out (harvesting wood or whatever), just hit the tool selector wheel. They can’t get you when you’re in that. Then you get a chance to swipe em when you come out the wheel.

The handy part about the method I posted is the game turns you to face automatically in the direction of the wasp so it's pretty much foolproof.

29 minutes ago, Flub said:

The handy part about the method I posted is the game turns you to face automatically in the direction of the wasp so it's pretty much foolproof.

Yep. It's so much more relaxing this way.

Although I now have lots of trees where there is no safe space to shake from <_<

4 hours ago, Flub said:

I can't remember if it was someone here who posted the trick to never getting stung by wasps (net out, face the tree from the front, mash a if the wasp drops) but it's flawless. I've never been stung since and it makes the daily tree shaking a pleasure rather than a chore.

Ditto.

i actually hadn’t even caught a wasp until this week!

Not sure who Paddy is as can’t find in the spreadsheet but thanks for leaving some gifts after your visit :)

Edit: only just noticed you left wife and kids gifts outside their houses as well, thanks again!

7 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

I had no flippin' idea that magazines could be customised, makes sense tho of course!

Will fit in nicely with my mini theme of having my town flag on the odd little thing around the island

:)

Every area of mine that has a magazine in it, the magazine advertises one of the other attractions using a custom tile :) Brolly food for my zoo, menu for my drive thru, picnic blanket for the beach area etc. They’re dotted about to find. 

7 hours ago, Number 28 said:

I got the Coelacanth model from CJ. For 45,000 of fish, it's ridiculously tiny. Utter shite. Much better off keeping the real thing in a tank. I think the same goes for most of the fish.

That's annoying, I've 3 sat in tanks on my beach waiting for CJ's next visit too... 

Hi folks - can I ask a favour. If anyone has kids on ACNH that would be happy to add my daughter (8) as a friend so she has some other islands to visit can you drop me a PM and I’ll pass her friend code on. 

Thanks

8 hours ago, NexivRed said:

Every area of mine that has a magazine in it, the magazine advertises one of the other attractions using a custom tile :) Brolly food for my zoo, menu for my drive thru, picnic blanket for the beach area etc. They’re dotted about to find. 

I hadn't noticed that and its a really neat, clever touch!

Last night I had a similar idea and as part of my new little island entrance I added magazine stacks hinting towards things in my town, native fruit, the museum etc

Was inspired by the piles of leaflets etc you get in hotels on holiday, plus seeing the use of custom mags in your loom area and @sir stiff_one coming over for me to craft mag stacks.  I'm so lucky that Nooks were selling mags yesterday as ended up needing loads

Not quite so lucky was that Flick turned up for the first time in ages and I stupidly gave him birdwings rather than butterflies so the model is WAY too big for what I wanted to do with it.  Doh!

Have opened up my island, Kicks in in town but nothing else exciting going on

Old reliable Tank is crafting but its just Cosmo Crown

Its Leonardo's birthday so I'm looking forward to Bubbo visiting and giving him a cheap hat that he will ABANDON my present in favour of :quote:

EYCyR9CUMAAKufM.thumb.jpeg.f20db12131d7677545319c19131d5efb.jpeg

EYCyR8-UcAENGdc.thumb.jpeg.011b33aebd9e18f5cd8251af4746388a.jpeg

Spent 70,000 Nook Miles on trying to get an interesting villager via going to deserted islands over and over again. Ended up with some Okami looking MF after a series of lame crocodiles and bears. Is there an easier villager cheese because I’ve been to islands with some mad looking majestic creatures

20 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

Spent 70,000 Nook Miles on trying to get an interesting villager via going to deserted islands over and over again. Ended up with some Okami looking MF after a series of lame crocodiles and bears. Is there an easier villager cheese because I’ve been to islands with some mad looking majestic creatures

Buy an amiibo for a few quid online? There are (dodgy) ways to make your own NFC chip with a villager on and then invite them to the campsite. Either that or keep an eye on villager trading forums when you have an empty plot available.

29 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

You can buy NFC cards off Etsy that people will flash with the villager of your choice for about 3 quid.

20 hours ago, NexivRed said:

Had a loom drop out of the sky, and so I made an area just for you @Alan Stock ^_^

FD7AB4E4-F228-41E1-A7C5-6DC0033ABCF9.thumb.jpeg.d1880dedc864f474571fa296c4009628.jpeg

Never visiting Hullaballoo again. It stinks like **** now!

And tell me this, who is going to sit on that cushion. It's just asking for problems. Remember all we can eat is fruit!

I've reached that point where I've ran out of stuff to do, I'm pretty happy with my island and home so only popping on every few days to check the shops and whatnot. Maybe once I've accumulated a bunch more items I'll create a new area on the island or reonovate a room, but for now I'm happy to take a bit of a break and play it the classic way. I can't complain though, even considering there's a ton of AFK time on the clock I'm standing at over 340 hours, which however you dice it is a crazy amount of value for a game which isn't even an MMO or competitive shooter.

I popped in today and already my neighbours were like "oh I'm glad we're still talking, I thought I'd done something wrong" :( 

Damn you Nintendoooooo!

I’m opening up for ages.

i have SO MUCH free stuff for everyone to swap/take/catalogue AND I need some serious watering.

please come!  

turnip price: shite

Visiting: Sahara

also there is a gnarly tiger t-shirt at Able’s. It’s quite something.

Buy what you want at Nooks, I’m not fussed for any of it.  Come play with me!

how on earth do folks get their towns to such a level?  I've played pretty much every day for 15mins to an hour at a time - plodding along, getting bridge and stuff... since release day.  I still don't have KK visiting yet.

5 minutes ago, scottcr said:

how on earth do folks get their towns to such a level?  I've played pretty much every day for 15mins to an hour at a time - plodding along, getting bridge and stuff... since release day.  I still don't have KK visiting yet.

Git gud scrub. Nintendo isn't putting in an easy mode for you.

9 minutes ago, scottcr said:

Have you had a 3 star island rating from Isabelle yet?

11 minutes ago, scottcr said:

Looked at my profile this morning and I have 510 hours on it.  Some of that will be my town sitting open while I work but that will account for at most 50 of those hours.

There are people on my friends list with more hours than me too

AC is my second job!