rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

48 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

My island was open for much of the working day today, as it often is, but this time some fucker has decided to pick my gold roses and not just a few of them either!.  Accidents happen but this is not a case of that as every single gold rose that was accessible and in bloom has been picked.  I only realised it after visiting a bunch of people this evening but looking through my friends list and who I encountered and when I have a reasonably short list of ids for who it might have been.  It was likely just one person but I've removed a few people as a result of this, typically ones that were also not in the google sheet attached to the OP.  Apologies where I have removed you and you were innocent.

EX7aGRmUYAILy7w.thumb.jpeg.b37fda9002326a977a4c1ba6bcefe34b.jpeg

EX7aGRiU4AA1MKK.thumb.jpeg.15e0f6cf820b0a4fe070a0eae9fd06c3.jpeg

Luckily the vandalism options are a lot smaller in this than they were in New Leaf!

Just wondering, do fare flowers grow back I’ve plucked?

Surely they would need to dig the whole thing up?

j

@senor_herer

I've added you to our messaging group. In case you dont know the flower spawn rate increases for each visitor that waters, up to max level at 5 visitors. So we try to make sure each of us gets to 5 every day.... 

It's helpful if your flowers to be watered are signposted or if you can host / lead when visited. Likewise if there's loads to water, leave a spare can or two out. 

If nothing else i'm looking forward to seeing the Galaga tribute and claiming my prize :)

Fucking hell, how shit do you have to be to do that :( who the fuck is it? 

I’ve had some friend requests lately from people I don’t immediately recognise. So I’m going to have a cull. 

If I delete you without knowing it’s you, pm me on here.

7 minutes ago, MagicalDrop said:

@senor_herer

I've added you to our messaging group. In case you dont know the flower spawn rate increases for each visitor that waters, up to max level at 5 visitors. So we try to make sure each of us gets to 5 every day.... 

It's helpful if your flowers to be watered are signposted or if you can host / lead when visited. Likewise if there's loads to water, leave a spare can or two out. 

If nothing else i'm looking forward to seeing the Galaga tribute and claiming my prize :)

Thanks, posted in the waterers assemble thread.

I'll have a quick rejig in the morning and signpost things. Anything that increases my rare spawns would be great, I've been struggling for weeks with rare breeds but didn't know my chances were improved by other waterers!

3 minutes ago, senor_herer said:

Thanks, posted in the waterers assemble thread.

I'll have a quick rejig in the morning and signpost things. Anything that increases my rare spawns would be great, I've been struggling for weeks with rare breeds but didn't know my chances were improved by other waterers!

Paging @thesnwmn who will give you proper stats but your flower spawn rates increase up to 80% with 5 waterers so you stand a much greater chance of success with 5 watering visitors. 

1 hour ago, StumpyJohn said:

Hmm, I’m not sure I’ve got my red and yellow mums right reading that. 

I figured that, seeing as Y x Y and R x R produced nothing, I’d be safe having the pairs touch each other. 

But am I perhaps getting clones? When does a flower clone? When the only flower it’s touching breeds with another one?

1 hour ago, MagicalDrop said:

A WARNING FROM THE WATERERS

3 of us have had rare flowers plucked today. 

Maybe compare visitors and see how many are common between you? I don't understand why shovels are banned but flower picking is allowed for non best friends personally, seems a daft choice.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, MagicalDrop said:

Paging @thesnwmn who will give you proper stats but your flower spawn rates increase up to 80% with 5 waterers so you stand a much greater chance of success with 5 watering visitors. 

Excellent, as I'm happily furloughed at the moment I have plenty of time to water flowers other than my own.

I'll make the place respectable for visitors in the morning :D

29 minutes ago, probotector said:

Just wondering, do fare flowers grow back I’ve plucked?

Surely they would need to dig the whole thing up?

It's not the end of the world, like other flowers they will be back in bloom in 2 days time.  It may have been done for the bells as they sell for 1000 each

Only best friends can dig on your island and would never set that for people I did not know

1 hour ago, Lyrical Donut said:

Well, that's pretty shit. I watered the absolute arse off that lot earlier today.

After being able to get rid of all the reds on the previous day, today was my last big push to get loads more golds from the huge pile of blacks so from tomorrow it will just be a small watering area rather than me massively taking the piss!

Most of the black roses will be available if anyone wants a job lot of them, I only need to keep a small set for planting around the island

37 minutes ago, senor_herer said:

Oh no, that's rubbish.

I was going to ask to sign on for flower watering duties as I've only just realised that having someone else water flowers increases the chances of rare breeds. I was happy enough this morning to finally get some purple tulips that I've been trying to breed for a couple of weeks.

Anyway, once you all get over "Watergate", if you need another waterer and would be willing to reciprocate then please add me. Friend code below and on the spreadsheet (in the 80's).

Plus, my daughters have been nagging me to visit other islands since they've seen me visiting randoms to sell turnips but they don't really appreciate that it's a quid pro quo and I have to get in and out pronto.

Friend code SW-7764-2705-6498

Have pinged you a request, my switch name is just "John"

23 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

I figured that, seeing as Y x Y and R x R produced nothing, I’d be safe having the pairs touch each other. 

But am I perhaps getting clones? When does a flower clone? When the only flower it’s touching breeds with another one?

No, it's not safe having pairs of the same species touching each other in that stage of the process, they need to be independent of one another. This is usually done with a pair of different flowers such as in this pic where my pairs are all separated by a pair of a different species.  You could also do it by just leaving empty space all around the pair

EXPngGGUEAEoiVc.thumb.jpeg.0da668b1f5e6ec849e1e948894cd696d.jpeg

Alternatively you could have the mums in a line RYRYR so long as that line is also completely surrounded with 1 empty space

Added MagicalDrop & StumpyJohn.

Having Nook move me to my new mountain top lair tonight, against the protests of number two daughter, but I've already got my spying post set up to keep an eye on the hoi polloi below :lol:

EX70dUZUEAESpaP.jpg

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

No, it's not safe having pairs of the same species touching each other in that stage of the process, they need to be independent of one another. This is usually done with a pair of different flowers such as in this pic where my pairs are all separated by a pair of a different species.  You could also do it by just leaving empty space all around the pair

EXPngGGUEAEoiVc.thumb.jpeg.0da668b1f5e6ec849e1e948894cd696d.jpeg

Alternatively you could have the mums in a line RYRYR so long as that line is also completely surrounded with 1 empty space

I want to understand why though. Is it because of random pairings and singles left alone to clone?

Gonna have to throw out all the yellows I made so far :( 

I visited @StumpyJohn yesterday morning and watered his black roses, noticed all the gold and commented along the lines of "how many gold roses do you need?!" But I didn't pick them, honest!

This isn't helping my case, is it?

Sorry for your losses, all.

Fucking yourself out of a year of the most personable, generous AC community I've come across, flower swiper! :lol: Regards to the reddit teens. 

Flower intro as there are a few questions/comments on this page in response to @NexivRed @senor_herer

Spoilered for length

Spoiler

The basics

52GGOFW.png

Genes

This is a rabbit hole and if you've not read about it so far then you're unlikely to (assuming you'd heard about it). But I keep seeing people bounce off it and ignore it and end up back here wondering why their purple mums won't make greens.

In short... Two flowers that are the same colour do not have to be the same. They can have different genes which will.impact what they produce when bred. When following guides it's important you follow them as stated (i.e. if it says 'seed reds' then plant some seeds, don't find two random red flowers on your island).

Visitor watering

If you want to get your hybrids in record time (or simply in less than months) or you need 100 copies of a purple pansy then you need friends! By yourself each flower has just a 5% chance of breeding. With friends it's 80%! And, if you're breeding and independent pair it's basically guaranteed at 96%!

So get your friends round to water your garden and get the mega sparkles.

dDmMpm4.png

Layout

As per the graphic below how you lay out your flowers is important to ensuring you understand what new flowers that appear are. And knowing what spawned from what is vital to producing some of the intermediate hybrids that are just normal colours. Having 5 flowers together if you're trying to cross breed them is frankly stupid (once you know the mechanisms at play).

Qz0mhOJ.png

One layout to do it all

If you want to breed every hybrid in the game in a well defined space and without needing to think to much this single guide will do it all in a 12x12 square.

mf4zg0wk4fw41.png

Gold roses

AZkjJhi.png

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Tetmon said:

I visited @StumpyJohn yesterday morning and watered his black roses, noticed all the gold and commented along the lines of "how many gold roses do you need?!" But I didn't pick them, honest!

This isn't helping my case, is it?

Sorry for your losses, all.

Hmm, starting to sound like a bit of a confession there ;)

Sending the boys round

image.png.b45ba46f2f4f68851013afd349bee659.pngimage.png.b8bba764e93137da6687832a66171996.png

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, NexivRed said:

I want to understand why though. Is it because of random pairings and singles left alone to clone?

Gonna have to throw out all the yellows I made so far :( 

Have a look at @thesnwmn (Rusty from Solandia) reply, he is the number 1 flower guru

If you want to see the hell that happens if you’re chasing the blue rose, come visit the south west corner of my island. 

And while you here, water my orange roses :)   (The O2+O2 ones)

Also I have a lot of spare rare flowers so am happy to share some

Cos I'm proper slow pacing it, I finally have KK Slider today!

• Upvote 1

Nooks has the Electric Scooter (4.4k bells) and Papa Bear (8.5k bells) for sale if anybody wants them. Also Kicks is in town and has Samurai Greaves (black) for sale.

As for flower thieves.....can't believe anybody would be such a fuckstick. I mean, stealing all those takes a reasonable amount of time that you would risk being seen?? 

What does pulling leaves off

7 minutes ago, SteveH said:

Nooks has the Electric Scooter (4.4k bells) and Papa Bear (8.5k bells) for sale if anybody wants them. Also Kicks is in town and has Samurai Greaves (black) for sale.

As for flower thieves.....can't believe anybody would be such a fuckstick. I mean, stealing all those takes a reasonable amount of time that you would risk being seen?? 

Need dem black greaves but can't get on. Can you grab em and we'll sort it later?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, moosegrinder said:

What does pulling leaves off

Need dem black greaves but can't get on. Can you grab em and we'll sort it later?

Sure no problem!

Y’all bringing anxiety into gardening now? My first black rose appeared this morning.

10 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

My island was open for much of the working day today, as it often is, but this time some fucker has decided to pick my gold roses and not just a few of them either!.  Accidents happen but this is not a case of that as every single gold rose that was accessible and in bloom has been picked.  I only realised it after visiting a bunch of people this evening but looking through my friends list and who I encountered and when I have a reasonably short list of ids for who it might have been.  It was likely just one person but I've removed a few people as a result of this, typically ones that were also not in the google sheet attached to the OP.  Apologies where I have removed you and you were innocent.

EX7aGRmUYAILy7w.thumb.jpeg.b37fda9002326a977a4c1ba6bcefe34b.jpeg

EX7aGRiU4AA1MKK.thumb.jpeg.15e0f6cf820b0a4fe070a0eae9fd06c3.jpeg

Luckily the vandalism options are a lot smaller in this than they were in New Leaf!

That’s fucking low and what the heck is the point? 
I had about 2000 turnips nicked from my basement a few weeks back so now I only drop them in a fenced in corner of the map. 

• Empathy 1

9 hours ago, NexivRed said:

The Mums will still breed, but give you nothing new.

Best bet is to get those hybrid yellows isolated, then breed those to get purples (and possible a lucky green) and then breed the purples (from the hybrid yellows) to get a much better chance of a green.

Hey guys, got a load of gold roses I'm selling this morning, PM me for details, thanks!

• Upvote 3