Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Mr Do 71

1 hour ago, Fuddle said:

I asked CJ for a model frog yesterday, I was hoping it might be nice to place out in the wild somewhere, but unfortunately it has a big black base to it, so it’s not that good in case anybody else had similar ideas.

what if you put weeds or flowers round it?

Currently on Day 3 of Ronaldsay, my second island. The first one was started by my wife, and me and my 7 y/o daughter joined in. But my wife couldn't cope with the chaos that came with having a 7 year old in the town (particularly once terraforming is unlocked), and bought a Switch Lite and upped and left, leaving us in the lurch with no Resident Rep. Not going to lie, I feel a bit betrayed, but having a shiny controllable island is important to her mental health right now, as Christ knows we can't control anything else. It's also a lot more fun to play with her on two devices rather than the Call Resident thing, and we get two nibbles of the cherry for Turnips etc.

Anyway, we moved everything onto her island for a day, polluting the beaches with tonnes of accumulated crud, then shifted it all onto the new island, which I'm steering. Turbo-grinding back through the early stages of the game to get the town back to some semblance of normality, or the equivalent of normality when there's a 7 y/o on the island.

If anyone has any of the following villagers threatening to leave, please let me know - we lost them with the old island, and it would be lovely to have them back:

• Katt (top priority)
  • Audie
  • Hopkins

New island has Sprocket, who looks like an ostrich that fell in the computer at the end of Superman 3, and Tammy, a bear who is nice enough if a bit bland. I'm going to have to get the hang of the kind of civic works my wife excelled at (flower planting, etc) - I was only really interested in fishing, bug catching, clothes and my house. I'm so shallow, no wonder she left me.

TL;DR feel like crap just want katt back

Wish I picked this up on physical. Even though I loved my time with it, I have no desire to play again. 

Might just be that I can't be arsed with games in general right now. Hopefully I might get the urge again. 

1 hour ago, Alexlotl said:

Currently on Day 3 of Ronaldsay, my second island. The first one was started by my wife, and me and my 7 y/o daughter joined in. But my wife couldn't cope with the chaos that came with having a 7 year old in the town (particularly once terraforming is unlocked), and bought a Switch Lite and upped and left, leaving us in the lurch with no Resident Rep. Not going to lie, I feel a bit betrayed, but having a shiny controllable island is important to her mental health right now, as Christ knows we can't control anything else. It's also a lot more fun to play with her on two devices rather than the Call Resident thing, and we get two nibbles of the cherry for Turnips etc.

Anyway, we moved everything onto her island for a day, polluting the beaches with tonnes of accumulated crud, then shifted it all onto the new island, which I'm steering. Turbo-grinding back through the early stages of the game to get the town back to some semblance of normality, or the equivalent of normality when there's a 7 y/o on the island.

If anyone has any of the following villagers threatening to leave, please let me know - we lost them with the old island, and it would be lovely to have them back:

• Katt (top priority)
  • Audie
  • Hopkins

New island has Sprocket, who looks like an ostrich that fell in the computer at the end of Superman 3, and Tammy, a bear who is nice enough if a bit bland. I'm going to have to get the hang of the kind of civic works my wife excelled at (flower planting, etc) - I was only really interested in fishing, bug catching, clothes and my house. I'm so shallow, no wonder she left me.

TL;DR feel like crap just want katt back

Others might be able to help sooner or easier, but I had some NFC stickers arrive yesterday, I could code Katt into one and send it? Gloved and sanitised appropriately of course. Maybe Hopkins too but not Audie as she's too new to have an Amiibo of her. 

My most productive resident when it comes to bashing away at a work bench and giving me recipes has always been the miserable old dog, Butch. Anyway, an umbrella fell out of the sky the other day so, as I already have an umbrella, I thought I'd reward Butch so hanbded it over as a nice present. 

I visited his gaff a day later to see if he was making anything decent and it seems he has ditched his workbench in order to display his opened umbrella. 

Fucks sake.

2 hours ago, Alexlotl said:

If anyone has any of the following villagers

New island has Sprocket, who looks like an ostrich that fell in the computer at the end of Superman 3,

I found that part utterly terrifying as a child. 

1 hour ago, Mike S said:

My most productive resident when it comes to bashing away at a work bench and giving me recipes has always been the miserable old dog, Butch. Anyway, an umbrella fell out of the sky the other day so, as I already have an umbrella, I thought I'd reward Butch so hanbded it over as a nice present. 

I visited his gaff a day later to see if he was making anything decent and it seems he has ditched his workbench in order to display his opened umbrella. 

Fucks sake.

The workbenches in their houses seem to magically reappear when they’re crafting.

2 minutes ago, Broker said:

The workbenches in their houses seem to magically reappear when they’re crafting.

Aah!

I didn't know that!

I'll add Butch to my round of house visits again then.

Did anyone buy the monster FuturePress New Horizons guide?

It’s obviously out of date already due to seasonal events and is spoiler heavy about what items there are in the game but as someone who buys the occasional art book I’m seriously tempted. Shame it’s currently £25.

1 minute ago, ryodi said:

Did anyone buy the monster FuturePress New Horizons guide?

It’s obviously out of date already due to seasonal events and is spoiler heavy about what items there are in the game but as someone who buys the occasional art book I’m seriously tempted. Shame it’s currently £25.

I wanted it but once it dawned it me it had none of the seasonal stuff or future updates (for obvious reasons) I couldn't be arsed.

Yeah, I really don't like that either. I've talked about the same in the artbook thread: that artbooks often release with the hype of the initial launch and don't include the DLC or planned season pass that follows. I liked that they released the Mario Odyssey book after everything was out for the game, but I suppose you can't even do that with guidebooks; they'd barely sell. A bit of a waste. 

3 hours ago, Mike S said:

Fucks sake.

That actually doesn't matter. Even houses without a DIY bench will craft stuff. The workbench will magically appear for the time they are crafting. 

6 hours ago, Loz Boz said:

what if you put weeds or flowers round it?

I’ve tried hiding it behind a few things, it’s ok at rare angles, but the base is bigger than the lily pad it sits on. Maybe on a dark custom path?

I was hoping it would be like placing a turtle.

13C57479-E235-4B6E-91F3-F6FF26EA66A6.thumb.jpeg.383a55e4cfb0466d4726e8acc0133351.jpeg

2 hours ago, spanx said:

Finally got my first blue rose :)

Still looking for watering support from anyone who a) visits and b) can be arsed 

Thanks everyone who helped 

I’ll try and come along later to water.

My gates are open to friends. There's a cash prize at the centre of the maze, for those brave enough to enter....

And if you'd like to water the flowers on the patches next to the plaza, I would very much appreciate it :)

If anyone wants a break from Turnipgate or managed to sell their ‘nips and want something to spend it on, there’s a black grand piano for 260k in my shop, plus Redd is here - gates open

jamesh - Ellijess

2 minutes ago, bimbam said:

If anyone wants a break from Turnipgate or managed to sell their ‘nips and want something to spend it on, there’s a black grand piano for 260k in my shop, plus Redd is here - gates open

jamesh - Ellijess

Oooh on my way for that