Jump to content
IGNORED

Animal Crossing: New Horizons.


Mr Do 71
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone 

 

My husband just got me this game, one I’m day two, it’s addictive but not sure what I’m doing....how can I visit other towns? I’m just knocking about my little patch eating peaches catching fish for now 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/05/talking_point_are_you_suffering_from_animal_crossing_new_horizons_fatigue
 

I’m a bit fatigued after two months. I’ve done all I want to do for now but carry on logging in every day for the NMT and to see what’s available in the store and it turns AC into a chore that I almost resent. But if you take a break to recharge, you come back to weeds and upset neighbours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have an island project going on which I am enjoying making slow progress on. A couple of new things each day, thinking about presents for the villagers. Tmoro I have nook island shopping to replace drake. Am enjoying it but you can’t keep up hours and hours a day indefinitely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Monkeyboy said:

Pashmina sings a lot on my island, but last night she was singing the same tune that was on the radio in my cafe. Never heard her do that before. :wub:

Get KK Metal on! It’s so cool when they sing that :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vSmall said:

Hi everyone 

 

My husband just got me this game, one I’m day two, it’s addictive but not sure what I’m doing....how can I visit other towns? I’m just knocking about my little patch eating peaches catching fish for now 

 

Hello, you will need to add friends and then they will let you visit their towns. Look at the beginning of this thread for people's friend codes and then send off some friend requests. I will open my island later on today and send you a dodo code so you can visit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven’t got close to fatigue. I think having my blue rose mission in recent weeks helped, as I’ve just largely been watering, pootling around the watering posse’s islands, getting inspiration and slowly building up a few ideas and items. Although my switch says I’ve clocked 430 hours a lot of those have been AFK, just being available for watering. Still got lots I want to do, but only really play an hour or two a day. I think the key is relaxing and realising you will eventually get things you need. 
 

I am now close to getting a massive stash of blue roses for my next project though, quite excited to see how it turns out. 
 

Btw, if anyone has things that would look good in a country meadow/footpath, let me know 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure there will be any takers but I am 95% of the way through planting out all my zillions of flowers how I want to and have a tonne of spares still littering my beach and getting in the way of spaces where my next couple of projects are due to go.

Have already binned a load of standard ones but before I dump a load of hybrids at Nooks I wanted to offer them out to anyone  who would like a delivery.

 

I have, all free to a good home:

A mixture of orange flowers of most/ all types

A mixture of pink flowers of most/ all types

A mixture of all black flowers in particular loads of roses

A mixture of purple flowers in particular loads of roses, windflowers and pansies

 

Am sure I will end up regrowing some but I need a clear out at the moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, vSmall said:

Hi everyone 

 

My husband just got me this game, one I’m day two, it’s addictive but not sure what I’m doing....how can I visit other towns? I’m just knocking about my little patch eating peaches catching fish for now 

 

Add me, my friend code is below. I can open this afternoon. Let me know what time you'd like to visit. Got all the fruit for you to pick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

Not sure there will be any takers but I am 95% of the way through planting out all my zillions of flowers how I want to and have a tonne of spares still littering my beach and getting in the way of spaces where my next couple of projects are due to go.

Have already binned a load of standard ones but before I dump a load of hybrids at Nooks I wanted to offer them out to anyone  who would like a delivery.

 

I have, all free to a good home:

A mixture of orange flowers of most/ all types

A mixture of pink flowers of most/ all types

A mixture of all black flowers in particular loads of roses

A mixture of purple flowers in particular loads of roses, windflowers and pansies

 

Am sure I will end up regrowing some but I need a clear out at the moment.

 

I'd love some black roses for my cemetery.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

It depends - what is your current turnip price!? ;)


A terrible terribly enticing 102 Bells!

 

Just now, spanx said:


I will. Would appreciate a return visit though?


Of course!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, vSmall said:

Hi everyone 

 

My husband just got me this game, one I’m day two, it’s addictive but not sure what I’m doing....how can I visit other towns? I’m just knocking about my little patch eating peaches catching fish for now 

 

To visit and/or invite others you need to have friends on your Nintendo Switch Friends list, as well as an active Switch Online subscription. To add friends you need to enter a friend code in the Friends section of the Nintendo Switch home screen. If you don't know how to do this I'm sure it's easy to find a guide on the Nintendo homepage or Youtube. 

 

The goal of the actual game is more or less what you make of it yourself. Pay down your first loan with the Nook Miles, then take up a new loan for a small house. Keep paying down the loan as you expand your house. You'll want to get more villagers to your island as well, so make sure you buy tickets to the Mystery Islands and see if you find someone to invite to live on your island. As you make progress, you'll get more and more tasks to follow as well as more and more freedom of choice as more gameplay elements are unlocked. 

My wife seems to enjoy collecting shoes and umbrellas (just as in real life, I think it's weird that she tries to mirror her real life within the game), I like to explore other peoples' islands and collect furniture while my kids seems to enjoy catching various fish and bugs. 

 

If you ever get online feel free to either invite me to yours or invite yourself to mine and I'll try to give some more hints and tips. I might even have some duplicate furniture items I need to get rid of that you may have. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, tnman said:


A terrible terribly enticing 102 Bells!

 


Of course!


BTW there’s a few of us in a little watering collective who help each other out getting big sparkles every day - just helps guarantee breeding when you’re aiming for blue roses or green mums or whatever. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, tnman said:

Would anyone be willing to help water my flowers please? Will pay 2 NMTs and cans provided. Dodo code is BLGQ0.

 

:)

Happy to water but the only payment needed is that you water mine.

 

Add me if you wish;

 

SW-7764-2705-6498

Benny from Bellville (Switch name senorherer)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Rayn said:

 

To visit and/or invite others you need to have friends on your Nintendo Switch Friends list, as well as an active Switch Online subscription. To add friends you need to enter a friend code in the Friends section of the Nintendo Switch home screen. If you don't know how to do this I'm sure it's easy to find a guide on the Nintendo homepage or Youtube. 

 

The goal of the actual game is more or less what you make of it yourself. Pay down your first loan with the Nook Miles, then take up a new loan for a small house. Keep paying down the loan as you expand your house. You'll want to get more villagers to your island as well, so make sure you buy tickets to the Mystery Islands and see if you find someone to invite to live on your island. As you make progress, you'll get more and more tasks to follow as well as more and more freedom of choice as more gameplay elements are unlocked. 

My wife seems to enjoy collecting shoes and umbrellas (just as in real life, I think it's weird that she tries to mirror her real life within the game), I like to explore other peoples' islands and collect furniture while my kids seems to enjoy catching various fish and bugs. 

 

If you ever get online feel free to either invite me to yours or invite yourself to mine and I'll try to give some more hints and tips. I might even have some duplicate furniture items I need to get rid of that you may have. 

Likewise I'm still very active in game so add me if you wish.

 

SW-7764-2705-6498

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Laine said:

What colour is the stand? I’m looking for any that aren’t blue!

 

If you are collecting kimono stands my Island delivered me a lovely black one a while back. I can order one in if you want?

 

It looks like this:

 

20200523_132240.thumb.jpg.a147de97561a8214a24dfcb474d9b7d7.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, spanx said:


BTW there’s a few of us in a little watering collective who help each other out getting big sparkles every day - just helps guarantee breeding when you’re aiming for blue roses or green mums or whatever. 


Cool, tell me more? I’ll add you and come over.

 

4 minutes ago, senor_herer said:

Happy to water but the only payment needed is that you water mine.

 

Add me if you wish;

 

SW-7764-2705-6498

Benny from Bellville (Switch name senorherer)


Mine are gold sparkles now but I’ll still come and help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Mike S said:

 

If you are collecting kimono stands my Island delivered me a lovely black one a while back. I can order one in if you want?

 

It looks like this:

 

20200523_132240.thumb.jpg.a147de97561a8214a24dfcb474d9b7d7.jpg

 

I'd like that please. Happy to visit and drop the bells off if you prefer.

Jetman from Winslow

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MagicalDrop said:

 

I'd like that please. Happy to visit and drop the bells off if you prefer.

Jetman from Winslow

 

No problem.

 

You can have the one I have set up and I'll order a replacement  for myself  tomorrow (used up all of  today's orders on spotlights!).

 

I'll open up in a sec.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.