Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Mr Do 71

I’ve been visiting random islands to try find a cool new animal to move in.  Is there a reason each one (5 in a person tonight not same other nights) all game my native fruit of peaches?

20 minutes ago, Mike said:

I’ve been visiting random islands to try find a cool new animal to move in.  Is there a reason each one (5 in a person tonight not same other nights) all game my native fruit of peaches?

They will only have two options, your native fruit, and one other ‘sister’ fruit.

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

There is detailed info available on the chances of the various types of mysterious islands but in terms of fruit you will only ever see two types.  Your native one most commonly and occasionally a specific partner fruit.  For me its oranges as my native and pears as the partner

Does anyone know how it works with meteor showers and multiple residents on the island? Are the fragments the following day tied to each person or are they limited to a certain amount per island?

1 hour ago, StumpyJohn said:

Have grabbed a few pics of the moonscape I made on my Island.

EZAjwKyXgAEEpM9.thumb.jpeg.0460fcb86c89d5c716c9c3242cd3c763.jpeg

(Captured at different times, I didn't just change outfit for each pic!)

How are you writing/adding patterns on to the earth walls?!

Oh, and I had an amazing recipe courtesy of Lopez's crafting this morning.

A GOLDEN CASKET! 

I have already made it and placed it in my bedroom at the opposite end of the room to the SKULL OF THE OLD ONE and now wish I had the gold to make at least two more. It is magnificent.

Just now, Mike S said:

How are you writing/adding patterns on to the earth walls?!

Those are simple panel items (a regular store item) customised and then pushed up against the actual cliff walls.  I used the silver edged ones as those best colour matched

image.png.36082d22c06f08cd3a11aadb3e35db00.png

Just now, StumpyJohn said:

Those are simple panel items (a regular store item) customised and then pushed up against the actual cliff walls.  I used the silver edged ones as those best colour matched

image.png.36082d22c06f08cd3a11aadb3e35db00.png

Aah, right, very clever! 

I've not seen them in my store so that is yet another handy item to look forward to.

1 minute ago, Mike S said:

Aah, right, very clever! 

I've not seen them in my store so that is yet another handy item to look forward to.

Yeah, they are v useful and come in a number of different edge colours.  Have them all over my island for example as backers for stall and info posters for museum

I'd assume that they can also show up in balloon presents, shaken from trees etc as well as from the shop

1 minute ago, Daley said:

Been told to expect some shooting stars in Highbury tonight. So I just go outside look up and press A right? And then scour the beach? Exciting.

Yeah, after 7pm I think (or maybe 8pm).  Make sure you *don't* have a tool in your hand when you press A, as it won't work.  You'll see the shooting star sparkle when it works.  You can usually hear them if you're not looking up at the time, and if you're quick you can look up and press A before it goes below the horizon.  They tend to come in bunches.  The stars don't wash up until the next morning, so don't waste an hour running up and down the beach at night like I did.  Oh, and talk to Celeste, you should get a recipe from her.

8 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

Yeah, they are v useful and come in a number of different edge colours.  Have them all over my island for example as backers for stall and info posters for museum

I'd assume that they can also show up in balloon presents, shaken from trees etc as well as from the shop

Yeah, they look really handy. I'm sure I've seen them on other folk's islands (including yours!) but am usually so amazed at the work that has gone into the lovely islands that I never stop to ponder how the results are achieved..