Animal Crossing: New Horizons

10 minutes ago, Fuddle said:

Thanks for that.

got the last piece of art, no idea if it’s real. A nice recipe from Celeste and caught a whale shark while waiting for stars.

i just lost connection, don’t know if that was just me?

Just you. But it worked out for me. I lost the mums wand recipe I’d been given and got lunar surface instead :sealclap:

32 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

Please do, will make and return the helmet special delivery!

Sent, cheers! :)

So what's the deal with the shooting stars on other people's islands? I heard if multiple players 'wish', many more star pieces will appear the next day, but do they appear on everyone's island, or just the island you wish on? When I 'wish' alone, I get plenty. Why would anybody need that many?

1 minute ago, Number 28 said:

Sent, cheers! :)

So what's the deal with the shooting stars on other people's islands? I heard if multiple players 'wish', many more star pieces will appear the next day, but do they appear on everyone's island, or just the island you wish on? When I 'wish' alone, I get plenty. Why would anybody need that many?

The extras are just on the island that the wishes are made on

From my experience in the last week where I've actually kept a track on it you get:

• Max 20 fragments as a visitor
  • Max 45 fragments as a host if quite a few visitors also wish on stars at your place (not sure how many visitors and how many wishes, in my case I think it was 8 and a lot!)
  • I think its max 20 fragments as a host too if nobody else comes to wish on your island

As to needing more, I think its more that with more fragments there is also more chance of getting more than one of the large and special zodiac fragments.

I've got 150 small fragments now which is pretty bonkers as I've also used loads on making Celeste items too. Think I'll be using a few more up on Starry Garlands, if only you could use wall items outside I'd probably blow the whole lot!

Package sent

Cheers John. :) 

Yeah, that's a lot of fragments. I was wondering yesterday if there's a limit to how many appear on the beaches, and if picking them up causes the rest to respawn a bit later? So far I've made an asteroid, a starry garland, plus the sci-fi wallpaper and galaxy flooring. At first I thought the galaxy flooring was unremarkable, but then I moved the camera. :o

4 hours ago, Number 28 said:

I really wish you had options for displaying creatures in your house. Like putting huge aquariums into the walls, or being able to release bugs, that'd be ace. I would fill my rooms with fireflies and butterflies.

Loads of fireflies on my Island tonight after getting back from @bimbam place and was inspired to try out firefly lighting in my room

before

EZnntSOVcAEZT66.thumb.jpeg.e7f86f56f14d650f7eb7c7d92bd1cbcc.jpeg

after (10 firefly power)

EZnntSWU0AAQwkP.thumb.jpeg.7e6d109ec81d8deee1b423ec84af887a.jpeg

So doesn't really work! :(

7 hours ago, Number 28 said:

Cheers John. :) 

Yeah, that's a lot of fragments. I was wondering yesterday if there's a limit to how many appear on the beaches, and if picking them up causes the rest to respawn a bit later? So far I've made an asteroid, a starry garland, plus the sci-fi wallpaper and galaxy flooring. At first I thought the galaxy flooring was unremarkable, but then I moved the camera. :o

Yes. To get the full set you need to pick up and then recheck your beach occasionally.

3 hours ago, senor_herer said:

Have a spare Gold Helmet recipie if anybody wants it?

If there's no other takers I wouldn't mind for the sake of completion? Then if anyone wants a complete gold armour set they could hit me up. :)

I wish I could share some recipes, but I'm just getting lame repeats. Today I got a birdhouse recipe. I'm pretty sure that's included in one of the earliest DIY packages...

P.S. Still no Redd.

Gates are open to friends - pop by, if you want to buy the stuff from Nook's, go ahead. 

I'll be AFK for a few hours, but come along if you want. :)

EDIT: Recipes on the beach to the left of the airport - take em if you need them.

22 minutes ago, ilpostino said:

Gates are open to friends - pop by, if you want to buy the stuff from Nook's, go ahead. 

I'll be AFK for a few hours, but come along if you want. :)

I'll pop in, then I can send your red corner.