Animal Crossing: New Horizons

2 hours ago, senor_herer said:

Just discovered that one of you awesome people has stealth planted a blue rose hidden behind a tree next to my arcade :wub:

Think I'll still try to breed one, but it's awesome that I don't have to :lol:

20200612_221012.jpg

I thought it would take you days to find it! 

• Upvote 2
58 minutes ago, Loz Boz said:

Hey guys, 

a few of you came a-watering tonight.  Did one of you plant a blue rose by my house?

I happened to be carrying one and tried to find somewhere super secret to plant it but on your island its just not possible :(

11 hours ago, MagicalDrop said:

I thought it would take you days to find it! 

It probably would have done. It was only because Rooney was pissing about up there and I noticed some flowers whilst I was talking to him. Even then I didn't twig and trotted off thinking it was just some random flowers I'd missed, a few minutes later I realised they were sparkling so must have been watered and went back to have a look :lol:

I dug them up to check what they were and then went off to get my mailbox to get and angled photo.

• Upvote 1

Now almost my whole town has been moved around, I'm finally about to start planting some flowers. Got all the seeds apart from roses i think. Not sure if i really want to know how to do it properly, or just try it myself.

Think i'm done with the wedding photos now, i liked it. I'll keep going back to mop up all the furniture too, as there is some really nice variations.

There's a little ad for @Ketchup new kickstarter in this vid too

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Fuddle said:

Now almost my whole town has been moved around, I'm finally about to start planting some flowers. Got all the seeds apart from roses i think. Not sure if i really want to know how to do it properly, or just try it myself.

By all means do it blind, but I would suggest you at least vaguely familiarise yourself with the best layouts etc.

Once you have the easier to get colours, it would be wise to consult help as some of them you would almost never get just by blind luck.

Finally, get the help of online waterers, it massively improves the chances of flowers spawning. I'm happy to help with watering if you need it.

• Upvote 1

Maybe a stupid question but can never tell with Nintendo and online so thought I’d ask

So at the moment it’s just me who has an online account, but my wife and daughters all share the same island on 4 profiles

So at the moment any island travelling is only on mine, and I’m the lead player on the island

My daughter now wants to be able to visit her friend, so if I just upgrade to family membership can she then visit islands and have people visit our island independently of me?

Thanks

4 Nook Islands visited, and all of them the same. Just rocks, weeds, different trees, and no gold. :facepalm:

And again, another island visited and it's just the same old weeds, same flowers as my island etc..

At last! Bamboo island.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

Thanks much to everyone who came to water stuff last night. I've only just finished sorting out all the new flowers that sprouted overnight. Still no green mums or blue roses but it's getting closer.

7 hours ago, bimbam said:

Maybe a stupid question but can never tell with Nintendo and online so thought I’d ask

So at the moment it’s just me who has an online account, but my wife and daughters all share the same island on 4 profiles

So at the moment any island travelling is only on mine, and I’m the lead player on the island

My daughter now wants to be able to visit her friend, so if I just upgrade to family membership can she then visit islands and have people visit our island independently of me?

Thanks

I think that will work fine yeah. I mean I presume so and was considering the same, but now I’m second guessing just in case it doesn’t (please understand). I’m sure it does.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Broker said:

Pretty happy with my house now. Too many people helped me get all this stuff to remember but thank you to everyone I’ve traded with!

85286AC1-A539-46D7-B275-95A23034D27A.thumb.jpeg.d8bb0a4c6e5618db6bc73fa40a0de18e.jpeg

Excellent!

What's the painting with the squid called?

55 minutes ago, jonnyalpha said:

Opening our gates for a bit now. Please come and water and take away recipes and items by the entrance. Thank you.

Missed your gate being open because I was putting my son to bed, sorry.

18 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Excellent!

What's the painting with the squid called?

Fish Print, but apparently they’re only from the fishing tournament and you can’t catalogue them :( 

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, bimbam said:

Thanks

Yeah I did precisely that. Upgraded to family sub and then logged in to my Nintendo account on the web and invited people to the family group. Worked a charm

• Upvote 2
24 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Oh the humanity!

I just found out this evening that KK Slider can play the Wild World theme - one of my favourite AC tunes, but will not give you the record of it afterwards :(

I was reading about this the other day - KK has three “hazure” songs (which apparently roughly means “miss” in Japanese) which he plays if you ask for an unknown song. Then in the next Animal Crossing game, those hazure songs will be the secret songs which can only be requested by name, after which they’ll enter the general catalogue.

Turns out some of my favourite tunes were once hazure - Stale Cupcakes, My Place, Strolling, etc. 

So you can look forward to getting a recording of it in the next Animal Crossing game!

So I caught a piranha yesterday and took it to Blathers.

never fear—I shall keep THIS one under the strictest lock and key, with nary a bathroom break allowed!"

I go into the aquarium and there he is alone in one of the big tanks. I get up close and he start snapping and head butting the glass. I move a bit to the left and the right and he follows. If I move away from the glass he loses interest but if he passes when I'm near the glass he stops and starts butting the glass again.

The little details in this game just don't stop surprising me.

• Upvote 6

Me and the kids have been moaning how dingy and brown everything is in winter (southern hemisphere). But today we switched on and found a heavy blanket of snow on everything. Very pretty and there’s some new activities available...

• Upvote 1

I'll open for a while. Afk.

Befriend me if you want in- I'm on the spreadsheet.

Help yourself to anything- Nooks shut in 45mins

Tex is leaving if you want to chat him up.

6 minutes ago, Peb Kacharach said:

How are you guys getting framed photos of your villager?

Eventually all your animals will give you a picture, when they're best friends with you I think.