Animal Crossing: New Horizons

5 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

I just got back from Mr Do's and when I come out the airport, I notice a noise like it's rewarding me with Nook Points, but I never look in time to register what is happening. Is this a new thing?

I have noticed this but can never tell if it is giving me points or taking some away.

@AzraelMine normally do. Kevin is usually the worst as well, he sends letters that just say something like "MUSCLES!!" or "ABS!!" The jock characters feel like an anti-lifting psy-op. #swoleacceptance

@DaleyWeird I never noticed that before. Does Nintendo do stealthy updates?

14 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

Wow, Kevin on my island mailed me Rodin's Thinker, the genuine article. Anyone else had their islanders post them artworks? Do they feel sorry for my bare gallery?

I just got back from Mr Do's and when I come out the airport, I notice a noise like it's rewarding me with Nook Points, but I never look in time to register what is happening. Is this a new thing?

Lyman sent me the same thing.

8 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

Wow, Kevin on my island mailed me Rodin's Thinker, the genuine article. Anyone else had their islanders post them artworks? Do they feel sorry for my bare gallery?

Cheers for the firefly update @StumpyJohn Tis a shame. I'm a fan of anything 'glowy' in this game.

From observation you appear to get Nook points once a day from your first visit to another island.  I never clocked exactly how many it is but think it is something like 500.  They always appear as you leave your airport upon return

6 minutes ago, Azrael said:

My villagers just send me crap letters with no gifts attached. <_<

Me too most of the time, I think probably as I cant be bothered to always chat and give them gifts.  Need to do more of that as I want to get more of their pictures especially Goldie :wub:

Kid Cat did give me a fake statue early on but have had no more Art gifts from villagers since then.

1 hour ago, Peb Kacharach said:

I have green streetlamps and would like a pink drinks machine if we could sort out a trade?

Yep, just ordered another, are you on my friends list?

can I have 2 green lamps? Do you want anything else?

54 minutes ago, MagicalDrop said:

@StumpyJohn do you still want a yellow lighthouse? 

Hi, not any more as @Fuddle has sent one.  

5 minutes ago, Fuddle said:

Thanks.

yellow lighthouse is in the post

Great, do you need any more white streetlamps?  Can send you 2 more tomorrow

30 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

Cheers for the firefly update @StumpyJohn Tis a shame. I'm a fan of anything 'glowy' in this game.

Yeah you get a small bonus for the first island you fly to each day, it’s been like that since the start.

I've noticed the free miles for visiting someone as well.  Also not been able to pin down the exact amount.  It's definitely less than 1000, and at least 500.  Only applies to the first visit of the day.

2 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

Any lifeguard chair other than Blue

Any public toilet other than Mint and Gray

Blue Drinks Machine

Yellow Light House

Black Light House

I have a red lifeguard chair and (I think) a green toilet if you still need?

I had no idea there were black lighthouses!

20 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

I've noticed the free miles for visiting someone as well.  Also not been able to pin down the exact amount.  It's definitely less than 1000, and at least 500.  Only applies to the first visit of the day.

I keep meaning to make a note before travelling but, of course, I always forget!

9 minutes ago, Mike S said:

I have a red lifeguard chair and (I think) a green toilet if you still need?

I had no idea there were black lighthouses!

The red chair and green loo would be awesome.  Let me know what I can do for you in return

Just now, StumpyJohn said:

I keep meaning to make a note before travelling but, of course, I always forget!

The red chair and green loo would be awesome.  Let me know what I can do for you in return

I don't need anything in return!

I can post them or drop them of next time you are open

6 minutes ago, Mike S said:

I don't need anything in return!

I can post them or drop them of next time you are open

Thanks! My island is open all afternoon while I work which is probably til around 18:00

17 hours ago, ilpostino said:

Gates are open to friends, there are a whole mess of recipes to the left of the airport - take what you like. There's stuff in Nooks if you want that as well.

@g wings - I still have yours, don't worry about that.

I’m so sorry I still haven’t been to visit. Between the time difference and craziness at work it’s just not worked out. I will try over the weekend but also please feel free to offer them to others. 

6 minutes ago, g wings said:

I’m so sorry I still haven’t been to visit. Between the time difference and craziness at work it’s just not worked out. I will try over the weekend but also please feel free to offer them to others. 

& @ilpostino

I have both of you in my friends list so if whatever you were wanting to trade is postable then am happy to be a middleman and forward items on 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, StumpyJohn said:

& @ilpostino

I have both of you in my friends list so if whatever you were wanting to trade is postable then am happy to be a middleman and forward items on 

It's recipe cards - can you send those?

2 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

Hi, not any more as @Fuddle has sent one.  

Great, do you need any more white streetlamps?  Can send you 2 more tomorrow

No, that pair was enough for a little section I wanted to make. Thanks.

This might be a weird question, but do we have any Muslim or Sikh members looking for veils or turbans? Gulliver seems to only want to give me headwear that feels like it’s not very appropriate for my little white avatar, and it occurred to me that these are awful items to hide behind this much RNG when there might be people who want their character to be representative of them but aren’t able to do that because Gulliver decided to give them just tam o Shanters? I’ve got two veils and a turban at the moment, and I’m at the point where I’m getting increasingly tempted to fiddle the clock to get a few more of these items so I’m not too fussed about their value or anything.