Animal Crossing: New Horizons

15 minutes ago, Fuddle said:

I’ve got redd here today if anybody wants him.

not sure what’s real/fake.

scary Japanese bloke

vegetable guy

lady with ferret 

I'd like a look if you can open

The animals have been trying to flog me random crap all day. Either they got wind of my 6 mil in my bank, or the recent updates changed something. :sherlock:

Edit: Woah, that's weird. Could you always place tools?? I had never done that before...

Yeah, it really tried to force me to do the update with a persistent pop up, but I made sure to close my game first. I'm glad I went to the trouble, that's ridiculous if it can do that. I wouldn't have thought you would lose that much progress though, doesn't it regularly save then you see the spinny blue icon in the corner?

6 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

Yeah, it really tried to force me to do the update with a persistent pop up, but I made sure to close my game first. I'm glad I went to the trouble, that's ridiculous if it can do that. I wouldn't have thought you would lose that much progress though, doesn't it regularly save then you see the spinny blue icon in the corner?

I guess I didn't give it long enough to autosave, basically handed CJ the fish for my model, ran back to my house then put the game to sleep  

1 hour ago, Meatball said:

Just spotted I've got the book on multi-buy in Nook's today if anyone need a load for crafting. I think you mentioned you wanted some the other day @NexivRed?

Let me know and I'll open up.

Oh, sweet! I’ve just logged on but I warn you, I don’t have a keyboard attached. So cannot motor mouth as I normally do. 

I had the update this morning without saving yesterday, and lost a little bit of progress.

Just caught a seaweed when out swimming.  It doesn't appear in the critterpedia though, and you can't donate it to the museum, but if you put it into storage it's stored in the 'creatures' tab, not the final misc tab for random ingredients and junk.  Is it any use for anything?

29 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

I had the update this morning without saving yesterday, and lost a little bit of progress.

Just caught a seaweed when out swimming.  It doesn't appear in the critterpedia though, and you can't donate it to the museum, but if you put it into storage it's stored in the 'creatures' tab, not the final misc tab for random ingredients and junk.  Is it any use for anything?

I’ve placed some on the beach for extra decoration! You get a nice seaweed like.

@StumpyJohn Ahhh I’m so jealous you’re getting Bones! Let me know when he arrives so I can visit!

35 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

It is in the criterpedia (top left square) and donateable to the museum.  Perhaps someone else on your island already donated it?

Ec6etqyVAAAiGNh.thumb.jpeg.3c5783826af00823755edea7ab4763de.jpeg

Ec6etquUEAI1Uhs.thumb.jpeg.7d7f2e666bf830e94b21a4984af223e8.jpeg

@Laine Bones arrives tomorrow so he should be all unpacked and wandering around on Thursday :)

• Upvote 1

Ah, thanks.  My mistake again.  I must have found it on the first day and forgot I'd donated it.  I thought I hadn't seen it before then was puzzled when I didn't get the red dot on the crittapedia, and missed it there when I went to look.

Fuck you, Velma. FUCK YOU!

I spend 130,000 bells on a cello for you to get your picture and instead you give me a fucking chef’s hat!

And to think I persuaded you not to move away only this morning too.

• Empathy 1
27 minutes ago, Stejay said:

I spend 130,000 bells on a cello for you to get your picture and instead you give me a fucking chef’s hat!

gifts only need to sell for 2.5k to meet the criteria of being good enough to have a chance of you getting their picture.  Identified fossils and higher value fish and bugs work just fine. Barred Knifejaw is a good one to use as they are relatively common

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, StumpyJohn said:

gifts only need to sell for 2.5k to meet the criteria of being good enough to have a chance of you getting their picture.  Identified fossils and higher value fish and bugs work just fine. Barred Knifejaw is a good one to use as they are relatively common

Cheers. I tried Raymond with fossils for a couple of weeks. It was only after spending 150,000 or bells on him that he relented and instantly gave me his photo.

I’ve only changed one visitor since launch and I want to move some on now, once I’ve got photos from them.

Are the fruits: pears, apples, oranges, cherries, peaches and coconuts?

Also, did I get a gold rose? And, if I pick it and water it, will it grow back?

059E6F8C-4FEE-4EFA-8F98-1D10DF511511.jpeg

3 hours ago, MagicalDrop said:

Temporary exhibit - 'Tribute To The Premier League Champions' 

IMG_20200715_085026.jpg

Nice, but assuming the one in the middle is the GK, that's 12 players (And Klopp) in that team. Then again perhaps we did have an extra player which is why we were so good... 

1 hour ago, Popo said:

Are the fruits: pears, apples, oranges, cherries, peaches and coconuts?

Correct, there are no Bananas or tropical fruit in New Horizons

1 hour ago, Popo said:

Also, did I get a gold rose? And, if I pick it and water it, will it grow back?

059E6F8C-4FEE-4EFA-8F98-1D10DF511511.jpeg

Cant see a gold rose in that pic, just an orange one

Gold roses grow back in 2 days if picked, just like regular roses

Watering gold roses has no impact as they are 'sterile' and cant reproduce

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, MagicalDrop said:

@Azrael I'm old school so allowed myself one sub, mainly in the interest of symmetry. I'm going to change one into a red tracksuit top. 

I bet it's Lovren sneaking in, the medal thief. 

Spoiler

Lovren :wub:

1 hour ago, Stejay said:

Cheers. I tried Raymond with fossils for a couple of weeks. It was only after spending 150,000 or bells on him that he relented and instantly gave me his photo.

I’ve only changed one visitor since launch and I want to move some on now, once I’ve got photos from them.

It's quite possible that his friendship level was too low initially to have the chance of a photo and it took a while to get high enough.  Or just random chance.

The data mined info indicates that the chance does not go up with item cost so long as a minimum threshold is met and is capped at 10.2% when you have maximum friendship

Overall you should aim to do the following to boost friendship level and have a chance of a photo:

• talk to them once a day
  • give a gift once a day that is:
    • of 2.5k or greater sale value
    • ideally furniture
    • gift wrapped 

If a villager can ask you to change their greeting or to buy items from you (NOT sell to you) then they are at a level where it is possible to get their photo

See the images on this page for more details: https://animalcrossing.fandom.com/wiki/Friendship

I also hadn't really been gifting stuff to my villagers until recently and as a result I only had Tanks picture.  In the last 2 or 3 weeks I've got Raymond, Mira, Kid Cat, Agent S, Leonardo, Megan and Blaire's Photos enabling me to move a load of them on and get new villagers in :)

• Upvote 1

I guess most people have the new insects by now, but I wanted to make a little video for them. It was supposed to be in more of a ‘spring watch’ style. But that was hard.

• Upvote 4
4 hours ago, Stejay said:

My villagers houses look ridiculous, I’ve just been giving them whatever the expensive item in the shop each day is :lol: 

• Upvote 1

I've only had one photo frame, ironically from the villager I detest the most. So of course I immediately did this.

image.png.3a94a943a1c3292cad6c83b914c7472a.png

I wish the western-style stone was just a headstone. A headstone that could be customised into several shapes. They wouldn't allow a cross in a Nintendo game though...

• Upvote 6

I’ve finally got round to playing this. :) However, I’ve been asked by Nook to pick a place for Blather’s museum but since I can’t yet move around my island freely, there’s no where I want to put it currently! I presume I need a stick to vault over the rivers?

Is this a bug or have I missed some way to get to other areas of the map? I’m basically cut off from the edges of the map by a river all around me!