rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

2 hours ago, MagicalDrop said:

Visited, watered and got the flying saucer recipe. 

Do you have the code for that Liverpool shirt? Got a silver trophy here, I think they'd look good together ;)

I think it's this one;

20200713_215426.jpg

Redd's on my island but my son and his mates have raided it, all thats left is a fake Scary Painting and a fake Tremendous Statue.

Anyone want?

Celeste is running around somewhere too.

10 minutes ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

Redd's on my island but my son and his mates have raided it, all thats left is a fake Scary Painting and a fake Tremendous Statue.

Anyone want?

Celeste is running around somewhere too.

I'll take the fake Tremendous Statue if it's still going?

Not sure if you're on my friends list though?

Have just sent a friends invite, I'll open it up to friends now.

You'll need a ladder to get to him, he's right at the top of the island... or you could swim to him.

WjwyRBV.jpg

Yay! After a mildly annoying week of having to dodge and weave around all those mannequin with my mate's silly face on it's nice to have some clear space again.

102-the-usual-suspects-quotes.gif

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, senor_herer said:

I think it's this one;

20200713_215426.jpg

Hmm no longer seems to exist, but thanks anyway. 

Doing a Chelsea one of those with the 3 logo is going to be a complete bitch.

12 hours ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

Have just sent a friends invite, I'll open it up to friends now.

You'll need a ladder to get to him, he's right at the top of the island... or you could swim to him.

Sorry, missed this last night. Pesky real life.

No worries about the statue but I'll add your friend request :D

Is there a trick I’m missing with the fast moving sea creatures? I can’t seem to catch any of them, and my son seems to think the method is following it about for half and hour until you corner it. I can’t be bothered trying, so I just swim off when I see them, but it’s really annoying him. 

I’m also sick of trying to find Pascal. I swam around for a good 20 minutes this morning, filled my inventory twice and found one scallop that he didn’t show up for. He’s given me three recipes and seven pearls so far, and it’s rapidly starting to feel like it’s not really worth the effort and RNG.

4 minutes ago, Broker said:

Is there a trick I’m missing with the fast moving sea creatures? I can’t seem to catch any of them, and my son seems to think the method is following it about for half and hour until you corner it. I can’t be bothered trying, so I just swim off when I see them, but it’s really annoying him. 

I’m also sick of trying to find Pascal. I swam around for a good 20 minutes this morning, filled my inventory twice and found one scallop that he didn’t show up for. He’s given me three recipes and seven pearls so far, and it’s rapidly starting to feel like it’s not really worth the effort and RNG.

The trick is to approach slowly using just the stick and no swim button. When you are really close dive down (Y) and quickly swim once (A) and you will normally catch it.  If you mess up then just approach slowly again and try the same method.  There appears to only be 2 creatures currently active that are so fast moving that they need this technique so you don't need to do it too often

One tip with Pascal is that if your inventory is full he wont appear when you find a scallop so go and unload as soon as all slots are full, don't continue and do swaps with new items as he will never then appear

• Upvote 1

Got Bones and Erik moving in over the next couple of days so that will be 4 new villagers in just over a week.  Looking forward to having the new guys around

camofrog-a801a45355cf440b43683b7a220fbce42092895d54318096497a352107c429f5.png.9d1305b38e934bf7787a430735ae0db0.png filbert-34d23e9a235f9f0393140ec00461d3c3e994e179764cee7ad9c265cd34dd6b23.png.62b4bd9ccec8b4f5a0f342dc4c32acc4.png bones-3a977bd68dc0556ad06ccf90a033bffdeb20bc45711d78115f4033c37c922ee7.png.f27987947cfd0ef8fde450b894ce411b.png erik-f45f87cc35ed095156640ea74e925bd47984754c4fd6f9a385117c0d9b96c7ac.png.1859e9683afc930ba9c2520a7d509fb6.png

• Upvote 1

Pascal definitely sometimes doesn't appear on the first scallop even if your inventory isn't full.

I have to say though, when he does appear, the timing of him popping up in the distance while you're reading the message about finding a scallop is just perfect.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ste Pickford said:

Pascal definitely sometimes doesn't appear on the first scallop even if your inventory isn't full.

I have to say though, when he does appear, the timing of him popping up in the distance while you're reading the message about finding a scallop is just perfect.

Yeah, I usually get him first time but not always and sometimes it tales AGES before you get a scallop at all.

Some of his 'wisdom' is great and I love the way he floats off proper otter style holding the food.  Worth following him one time if you have not done so already

Have opened up for visitors.  Buy anything from Nooks, Abels have Princess Dress in 8 different colours

There is a big stack of free recipes too

I’ve got redd here today if anybody wants him.

not sure what’s real/fake.

scary Japanese bloke

vegetable guy

lady with ferret 

It'd sure be nice if they let you release sea creatures whilst you're in the sea. Has there been any news about the summer update wave 2?

Redd is also on my island, so he's not disappearing for a month at a time anymore, hurrah! I ordered the only real piece (err, some sort of stone trough, very uninspiring). There's a fake solemn painting, scary painting (Japanese guy) and serene painting (ferret lady) if anyone wants one. I wouldn't mind the fake solemn, it's quite large and looks pretty sweet.

15 minutes ago, Fuddle said:

I’ve got redd here today if anybody wants him.

not sure what’s real/fake.

scary Japanese bloke

vegetable guy

lady with ferret 

I'd like a look if you can open

Just spotted I've got the book on multi-buy in Nook's today if anyone need a load for crafting. I think you mentioned you wanted some the other day @NexivRed?

Let me know and I'll open up.

The animals have been trying to flog me random crap all day. Either they got wind of my 6 mil in my bank, or the recent updates changed something. :sherlock:

Edit: Woah, that's weird. Could you always place tools?? I had never done that before...

FFS, left my game last night in sleep mode, software update today means it shut the software without saving. No model from CJ for me today :(

Yeah, it really tried to force me to do the update with a persistent pop up, but I made sure to close my game first. I'm glad I went to the trouble, that's ridiculous if it can do that. I wouldn't have thought you would lose that much progress though, doesn't it regularly save then you see the spinny blue icon in the corner?

6 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

Yeah, it really tried to force me to do the update with a persistent pop up, but I made sure to close my game first. I'm glad I went to the trouble, that's ridiculous if it can do that. I wouldn't have thought you would lose that much progress though, doesn't it regularly save then you see the spinny blue icon in the corner?

I guess I didn't give it long enough to autosave, basically handed CJ the fish for my model, ran back to my house then put the game to sleep  

It can definitely be a few minutes between auto saves.  If in doubt just use minus and save/ quit

1 hour ago, Meatball said:

Just spotted I've got the book on multi-buy in Nook's today if anyone need a load for crafting. I think you mentioned you wanted some the other day @NexivRed?

Let me know and I'll open up.

Oh, sweet! I’ve just logged on but I warn you, I don’t have a keyboard attached. So cannot motor mouth as I normally do. 

I had the update this morning without saving yesterday, and lost a little bit of progress.

Just caught a seaweed when out swimming.  It doesn't appear in the critterpedia though, and you can't donate it to the museum, but if you put it into storage it's stored in the 'creatures' tab, not the final misc tab for random ingredients and junk.  Is it any use for anything?

29 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

I had the update this morning without saving yesterday, and lost a little bit of progress.

Just caught a seaweed when out swimming.  It doesn't appear in the critterpedia though, and you can't donate it to the museum, but if you put it into storage it's stored in the 'creatures' tab, not the final misc tab for random ingredients and junk.  Is it any use for anything?

I’ve placed some on the beach for extra decoration! You get a nice seaweed like.

@StumpyJohn Ahhh I’m so jealous you’re getting Bones! Let me know when he arrives so I can visit!

35 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

It is in the criterpedia (top left square) and donateable to the museum.  Perhaps someone else on your island already donated it?

Ec6etqyVAAAiGNh.thumb.jpeg.3c5783826af00823755edea7ab4763de.jpeg

Ec6etquUEAI1Uhs.thumb.jpeg.7d7f2e666bf830e94b21a4984af223e8.jpeg

@Laine Bones arrives tomorrow so he should be all unpacked and wandering around on Thursday :)

• Upvote 1

Ah, thanks.  My mistake again.  I must have found it on the first day and forgot I'd donated it.  I thought I hadn't seen it before then was puzzled when I didn't get the red dot on the crittapedia, and missed it there when I went to look.

Fuck you, Velma. FUCK YOU!

I spend 130,000 bells on a cello for you to get your picture and instead you give me a fucking chef’s hat!

And to think I persuaded you not to move away only this morning too.

• Empathy 1