Animal Crossing: New Horizons

This makes me insanely happy - the fireworks, the sparklers, the fun raffle prizes, the killer music. What a perfect way to while away an otherwise nondescript Sunday evening. 

Edit - poor Blathers. Doesn’t even appear to know what’s going on outside. Even Isabelle is getting the night off. 

• Upvote 4
8 hours ago, Tetmon said:

Oh, and Isabelle isn't taking any fireworks custom designs off me now, so if you want yours displayed on your island, submit them to her before 7 pm.

I think this is because you opened your gates. With them closed you can change you're fireworks whilst it's going on

• Upvote 1

Was going to enjoy the fireworks, but the system transfer from my old worn out Switch to a new one fucked up, and my village is gone. And all my Pokemon. And every game I’ve ever played since March 2017. Absolutely fucking distraught. :( Fuck Nintendo.

• Empathy 6
4 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Was going to enjoy the fireworks, but the system transfer from my old worn out Switch to a new one fucked up, and my village is gone. And all my Pokemon. And every game I’ve ever played since March 2017. Absolutely fucking distraught. :( Fuck Nintendo.

:(

1 hour ago, Protocol Penguin said:

That really sucks. Fingers crossed you are able to recover some, if not all, of the lost data...

Fireworks night has been wonderful, all my animals are having a great time and I've been wandering around with a red balloon enjoying my skull fireworks. And then blowing bubbles..

That happened to me with the last Animal Crossing when my sava data transfer to a 'New' 3DS nuked half my saves. AC was gone, but luckily I had my Pokemon in Pokemon Bank (now Pokemon Home on the Switch). 

• Empathy 1
7 minutes ago, Rob Rule said:

That happened to me with the last Animal Crossing when my sava data transfer to a 'New' 3DS nuked half my saves. AC was gone, but luckily I had my Pokemon in Pokemon Bank (now Pokemon Home on the Switch). 

Oh, same happened when I transferred from my original 3DS. :( 

6 hours ago, Laine said:

@meatball I’d like coconut wall planter please! 

It's yours. I've pulled it out of the pile for safe keeping. Probably be about for a bit in morning then out working in the afternoon/eve again tomorrow and should be home and on shortly after 9 ish.

Posted two of those ones to you @SteveH I shall fire other one over in morning.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Does anyone know how to get the save games from the cartridges back onto a new Switch? My old Switch is blank, so the data must be somewhere, surely?

I don’t think the games save on to the cartridges I’m afraid, just the console.

8 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

I don’t think the games save on to the cartridges I’m afraid, just the console.

All my saves are gone then. :( Every single one back to March 2017. If I hadn’t just bought a newer Switch to replace my older one, I’d most likely sell the lot on ASAP. I might even still do that as I’m not even sure if I want to do gaming any more other than retro. The Switch is the only modern game system I own or have/had any interest in, and retro aside I’ve only been playing Animal Crossing during lockdown, and even that’s gone now.

• Empathy 3

@Protocol Penguin I’m sorry if you mentioned already and I missed it but are you a subscriber to online? All saved are backed up if you are, albeit your Animal Crossing Island is tied to the system itself and I don’t think can be retrieved on another. 

20 minutes ago, Popo said:

@Protocol Penguin I’m sorry if you mentioned already and I missed it but are you a subscriber to online? All saved are backed up if you are, albeit your Animal Crossing Island is tied to the system itself and I don’t think can be retrieved on another. 

I have online (until the end of the month at least) so I’ll look into that. Thanks. If I can get the Pokemon saves back, that’ll be a consolation.

Being a bit dumb here, but how does the dream thing work?  Got luna's bed and placed it in a nice spot on my island and lay on it, but nothing happened.  And no characters in the game have explained anything to me.

2 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

Being a bit dumb here, but how does the dream thing work?  Got luna's bed and placed it in a nice spot on my island and lay on it, but nothing happened.  And no characters in the game have explained anything to me.

Try sleeping on it. :)

21 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

I have online (until the end of the month at least) so I’ll look into that. Thanks. If I can get the Pokemon saves back, that’ll be a consolation.

OH FOR FUCK’S SAKE, Splatoon 2 and the Pokemon games don’t work with cloud saves. :( I didn’t really care that much about the rest of the saves. Looking at where to get the best price for selling on my old and new Switches now, the new one is even the Animal Crossing one so it’ll just remind me of this shit every time I look at it.

• Empathy 3
1 minute ago, Ste Pickford said:

I lay on it and my eyes shut, but nothing happened.  Does it have to be at night?

It has to be inside I believe. And you can use any bed inside. Luna's is not special.

• Upvote 1
On 31/07/2020 at 22:42, StumpyJohn said:

Have posted it to you.  If there are any others you'd like then just ask

Cheers!

On 01/08/2020 at 19:21, Meatball said:

This is the guide I went off @Daley

https://imgur.com/a/ptCPgVK

Nice easy to understand pics and graphics and with symbols for showing if a flower needs to be one grown from seed or a specific hybrid. 
Took me a while to get the purple windflower but now I’m drowning in the fuckers :lol:

I got lucky with the low percentage but easy route to the blue rose in the last pic and have since got some more bred and cloned. 

Thanks for this.

I am basically down to those two and a green mum so will check this out. 

Open now for anyone that wants to shop at Redd's, no ladder needed.  He has:

• Fake Mona Lisa
  • Fake Beautiful Statue
  • Fake Ancient Statue
  • Fake Wistful Painting

I've got a bunch of recipes going spare too, will bin these if nobody wants them

• log extra long sofa
  • honeycomb wall
  • orange hat
  • shell fountain
  • log garden lounge
  • pear rug
  • cutting board
  • shell lamp
  • dark wooden mosaic wall
  • bamboo wall

More importantly its Bones' birthday so wish him a happy day!

EejsOSIU0AIhq23.thumb.jpeg.da1c896400e0ed97165fa6cf5c3399c0.jpeg

• Upvote 3
24 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

Redd is in town here too.  Three fakes left, two paintings and one statue.

Gates open if anyone wants.

Visited and watered.  Had all your Redd fakes already though :(

Am back open again now

• Upvote 1