Animal Crossing: New Horizons

9 hours ago, SteveH said:

Ah sorry mate. It was getting cold in the living room so I went to bed to watch Preacher :) 

No worries, I forget most people don't run on the same clock as Blathers. :lol:

@StumpyJohn I'd love that poster, thanks. :ph34r: The framed photos can be customised? Crazy.

I've planted 40 pumpkins. Maybe that's overkill. I'm not sure how the recipes arrive. Balloon presumably? I guess Jack will hand out an interior furniture set, as usual for Animal Crossing games?

18 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

@StumpyJohn I'd love that poster, thanks. :ph34r: The framed photos can be customised? Crazy.

I've planted 40 pumpkins. Maybe that's overkill. I'm not sure how the recipes arrive. Balloon presumably? I guess Jack will hand out an interior furniture set, as usual for Animal Crossing games?

Will send you the poster after I finish work

Last night I finally moved my "fish stalls" onto the beach which I've been meaning to do for months and also created a Pirate beach area too.  All so I could have some space to plant out Pumpkins, think I planted 25-30 across 2 patches

I had a spooky recipe from a balloon early this morning so, yes, looks like the recipes will come from balloons again

Remember to buy the Candy from Nooks cabinet, its limited to one a day and they are needed to craft the recipes

Cheers. :)Yeah, I got the candy. I shot down a balloon and the gift landed on my pumpkin patch and vanished. It can be pretty tricky when your island is covered in stuff. Would it have killed them to allow falling gifts to stack on top of flowers/veg? I wouldn't mind if it busted the flowers or crushed the veg.

11 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I see not playing for a while and coming back doesn't increase the chances of getting DIY plans you haven't got. <_<

I honestly don't understand parts of this game at all. Same goes with buying furniture and other items. There must be thousands of items in the game, but the amount of rotation for the same items in the shop is crazy. 

3 minutes ago, SteveH said:

I honestly don't understand parts of this game at all. Same goes with buying furniture and other items. There must be thousands of items in the game, but the amount of rotation for the same items in the shop is crazy. 

It's genuinely the reason I stopped playing. I was getting dupe after dupe after dupe and when I 'finished' my island there was no reason to keep playing. There's decades of junk for them to dole out but it's so fucking stingy it beggars belief. And yeah, the shop has the same tat I've seen so any times.

In more positive news, I got a legit Rosetta Stone posted to me from a villager. That's the third piece of genuine artwork I've had from villagers...

image.png.c87a7304eb42a08eba960db7cdb6184a.png

That's strange. I've not had the camera swing to the side like that before. Because I have some artworks to the left? Or a bug? It doesn't seem like I can make it happen once it stops. The bricked up windows suggest it's not meant to happen...

Loving these new colours btw...

image.png.868faa444dff867eedbba2e10d688271.png

My daughter wants this for her birthday. Quick question:

it’s one island per Switch, isn’t it? So my other kid would have to inhabit the same island if he wanted to play this too?

Only asking as they barely manage to co-exist in the same house, never mind a carefully curated virtual world. 

9 minutes ago, Twinbee said:

it’s one island per Switch, isn’t it? So my other kid would have to inhabit the same island if he wanted to play this too?

Only asking as they barely manage to co-exist in the same house, never mind a carefully curated virtual world. 

Yes, also the first resident effectively controls overall progression in the game so only they can trigger and complete events like building resident services etc

1 hour ago, Twinbee said:

You’re going to need another Switch.

We’re up to four now  thanks to this bloody game as my wife succumbed to the addiction and is well and truly obsessed

This seems insane to me. You can’t even buy a second copy of the game???

Is there some complex technical reasons why this is the case, or is it just some bullshit design decision?

11 minutes ago, Twinbee said:

This seems insane to me. You can’t even buy a second copy of the game???

Is there some complex technical reasons why this is the case, or is it just some bullshit design decision?

Because Nintendo.

I’m back! It’s my favourite time of the AC year so I’m fully into it again. However. Over the last few months of neglect my flower problem which was bad to begin with is now insane. Practically every spot on my island is covered in flowers! I’m trying to dig everything up and move it so I can start to build stuff and actually make my island look decent but it is taking a very long time. 

I could barely find a spare patch to stick 20 pumpkins. And I’m worried about popping balloons as nowhere for them to land!

57 minutes ago, Laine said:

I’m back! It’s my favourite time of the AC year so I’m fully into it again. However. Over the last few months of neglect my flower problem which was bad to begin with is now insane. Practically every spot on my island is covered in flowers! I’m trying to dig everything up and move it so I can start to build stuff and actually make my island look decent but it is taking a very long time. 

I could barely find a spare patch to stick 20 pumpkins. And I’m worried about popping balloons as nowhere for them to land!

Welcome back! 

I found the beaches were a really useful place to dump flowers when I was shifting things around.  They also wont grow further or reproduce when planted on the beach which sounds like a good thing in you case! :lol:

Cheers for the poster @StumpyJohn :)

The pumpkins barely look any different today... if they only take four days to grow they need to get a move on.

Btw, in case anyone didn't know, you should water them each day because they grow between 1-3 pumpkins each and watering increases your chances of getting more.

On 01/10/2020 at 09:18, Tony said:

All the additional posters disappeared from my catalog after the update. Even after you search using the word 'poster'.  Thankfully got them all on the wall but can't even re-order after I take one down and pick it up.

I was wondering if that was linked to the new portrait's which has maybe replaced them.

Just spotted that this appears to be deliberate as a "bug fix" in the latest update :(

https://animalcrossingworld.com/2020/10/amiibo-poster-catalog-bug-fixed-in-animal-crossing-new-horizons-nintendo-confirms/

On 01/10/2020 at 13:46, Number 28 said:

Have just found out that is not only from balloons, I got a spooky recipe from a villager doing DIY this morning

I have a spare Acorn pocchette recipe if anyone doesn’t have that one, it’s one of the acorn seasonal set. Thought I’d offer it round as we have a few returning players who may not have nabbed them all yet. Holler if anyone needs it before I have my weekly clear out.

22 hours ago, kiroquai said:

Pretty happy about my latest collection of villagers! Got one of each personality type in there. Plus, I have a cat that's an orange and a duck that's a tomato. What more could you want from island life?

EjU0U58VkAEKyJp.thumb.jpg.e3518684b38bbd00ef7461b5f6f53f08.jpg

How do you get them all to pose together like this?

8 hours ago, Daley said:

I have a spare Acorn pocchette recipe if anyone doesn’t have that one, it’s one of the acorn seasonal set. Thought I’d offer it round as we have a few returning players who may not have nabbed them all yet. Holler if anyone needs it before I have my weekly clear out.

Me please!! 

Would anyone be able to provide me with a poster of Benedict the rooster or Sprocket the robo...I wanna say ostrich? They were my son's best friends on the island and they both left before we could get posters. 

Thanks!

49 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Would anyone be able to provide me with a poster of Benedict the rooster or Sprocket the robo...I wanna say ostrich? They were my son's best friends on the island and they both left before we could get posters. 

Thanks!

I can get you a Benedict one but I don't have access to Sprocket.  Cant see you in the spreadsheet so not sure if we are friends.  My code is SW-3715-5707-3301

10 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

Just spotted that this appears to be deliberate as a "bug fix" in the latest update :(

https://animalcrossingworld.com/2020/10/amiibo-poster-catalog-bug-fixed-in-animal-crossing-new-horizons-nintendo-confirms/

Oof, so all the posters you sent can no longer be shared? That sucks. How did you get the Jack poster though? You managed to share that and it was after the update, surely?

2 hours ago, Number 28 said:

Oof, so all the posters you sent can no longer be shared? That sucks. How did you get the Jack poster though? You managed to share that and it was after the update, surely?

I originally got it via the amiibo card so the poster is still available for me to buy from Nook Shopping

36 minutes ago, deKay said:

When does Jack show up? I’ve had his letter but do I need to do something for the man himself to appear?

End of the month, so make sure to collect those sweets.