Animal Crossing: New Horizons

I fell off this after I over-invested in turnips and my wealth made everything feel pointless. A great lesson on life. 

Getting back into things with our family pumpkin patch though.

Does complaining about residents with Isabelle make them leave? I really want to make space in case Mint decides to hit the campsite. 

7 hours ago, StephenM said:

I fell off this after I over-invested in turnips and my wealth made everything feel pointless. A great lesson on life. 

Getting back into things with our family pumpkin patch though.

Does complaining about residents with Isabelle make them leave? I really want to make space in case Mint decides to hit the campsite. 

No. It's just about resetting their speech, their clothing etc if they end up with something you find offensive and you need to remove it. But if Mint hits the campsite then you can make space by playing a game with them. Just remember to quit Animal Crossing if they pick a character you don't want to leave before it manages to save. Then reload and try again until you are happy with who they pick to move out.

12 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

I can get you a Benedict one but I don't have access to Sprocket.  Cant see you in the spreadsheet so not sure if we are friends.  My code is SW-3715-5707-3301

Thanks buddy, I'll add you. Really appreciate it. 

5 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Thanks buddy, I'll add you. Really appreciate it. 

Accepted.

I'm online atm so opened up in case you are ready to visit and pick up the poster.

Blaire is crafting one of the spooky recipes if anyone wants to visit to get that

12 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

I can get you a Benedict one but I don't have access to Sprocket.  Cant see you in the spreadsheet so not sure if we are friends.  My code is SW-3715-5707-3301

I've got a hooky sprocket card, will that get me the poster? I don't know how the posters work.

1 minute ago, moosegrinder said:

I've got a hooky sprocket card, will that get me the poster? I don't know how the posters work.

Yes:

Go to the studio on Harvs Island

Use the card to place Sprocket in the studio

Leave Harvs island

The poster will now be available to order from the posters tab of the Special Goods section of Nook Shopping

1 minute ago, Doctor Shark said:

That was me, please!

Right I'll check if we've added each other and shit as friends. If you don't hear from me by tonight poke me again in here because it'll have fallen out of my head.

43 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Right I'll check if we've added each other and shit as friends. If you don't hear from me by tonight poke me again in here because it'll have fallen out of my head.

I've added you :)

Bit of a noob question here but how is everyone sending stuff without actually visiting people islands? I've not touched on this aspect of the game but after visiting 5 billion* Nook ticket islands and not finding one with a different fruit, we could do with getting them some other way! :wacko:

*or thereabouts.

34 minutes ago, gizmo1990 said:

Bit of a noob question here but how is everyone sending stuff without actually visiting people islands? I've not touched on this aspect of the game but after visiting 5 billion* Nook ticket islands and not finding one with a different fruit, we could do with getting them some other way! :wacko:

*or thereabouts.

So you need to be friends on Switch then you can open your gates to let people in. You can set the gates to everyone on your friends list or set it with a Dodo code people need to input. Then you go and swan around people's islands.

General courtesy rule of thumb is don't pick the flowers, there'll be a place for duplicate items and plans that people can take and you can't chop down trees or dig holes unless you're Best Friends

@Doctor Shark ordered sprocket, didn't realise it took a day because it comes from Nook Shopping. I'll gi thee a shout tomorrow.

Also, after they have visited once they'll be added to your friends list in the game, so you can send them mail and items from your catalogue (two per-day).

I had actually forgotten that opening to friends means Switch friends rather than Nook phone friend list friends. I thought you needed a Dodo code the first time. So confusing...

1 hour ago, gizmo1990 said:

*or thereabouts.

Visiting Nook ticket islands will only get you one of the other fruits anyway, they are limited to your native fruit plus one other 'partner' fruit.  For me that's pears to go with my native oranges.

Once you have 'encountered' another player you can then post them stuff from the card rack in the airport and order items for delivery to them from inside Nook Shopping.

You 'encounter' them by either:

• visiting their island
  • hosting them on your island
  • both of you being on a third players island at the same time

Send me a friend request if we are not already linked: SW-3715-5707-3301

I got a nice gift in the post off Raddle today, Flowery painting ^_^

I've been thinking of maybe moving a couple of the old bunch on next time I get campsite visitors, but with gifts like that and him being the only one to bother wearing a face mask trying to keep the island's infection rate down I don't know if I can let him away.

I think isn't it the same deal with fruit/flowers on the Nook ticket islands that you only get to see your native and one other 'sister' type of them and which ones you have are based on something like the date you first ever played the game and your birthday. Getting different flowers isn't too bad with the mixture of stuff for sale in Nook's cabinet or off Lief, but fruit is more harder and you'll need to be going visiting other players online to get some or very occasionally 'Mom' might send you one in the mail.

Feel free to add me also @gizmo1990

Load of DIY's available...

Woodland wall

Ironwood bed

Bamboo drum

Log pack

Garden rock

Ironwood low table

Butter churn

Tree's bounty little tree

Iron closet

Iron shelf

Money flooring

Pot

Kettle bathtub

Pretty tulip wreath

Hedge standee

Water pump

Flower stand

Bonsai shelf

Pansy table

Deer scare

Hanging terrarium

Beekeper's hive

Wooden toolbox

Tree standee

Leaf campfire

Apple hat

Ironwood DIY workbench

Natural garden table

Spooky fence

Also @SteveH if you've still got that gold screen wall can I claim it please. And did you get hold of the yellow and white wheelie bins? Wouldn't mind those either if you'd be so kind, ta! :hat:

17 minutes ago, Meatball said:

I got a nice gift in the post off Raddle today, Flowery painting ^_^

I've been thinking of maybe moving a couple of the old bunch on next time I get campsite visitors, but with gifts like that and him being the only one to bother wearing a face mask trying to keep the island's infection rate down I don't know if I can let him away.

I think isn't it the same deal with fruit/flowers on the Nook ticket islands that you only get to see your native and one other 'sister' type of them and which ones you have are based on something like the date you first ever played the game and your birthday. Getting different flowers isn't too bad with the mixture of stuff for sale in Nook's cabinet or off Lief, but fruit is more harder and you'll need to be going visiting other players online to get some or very occasionally 'Mom' might send you one in the mail.

Feel free to add me also @gizmo1990

Load of DIY's available...

Woodland wall

Ironwood bed

Bamboo drum

Log pack

Garden rock

Ironwood low table

Butter churn

Tree's bounty little tree

Iron closet

Iron shelf

Money flooring

Pot

Kettle bathtub

Pretty tulip wreath

Hedge standee

Water pump

Flower stand

Bonsai shelf

Pansy table

Deer scare

Hanging terrarium

Beekeper's hive

Wooden toolbox

Tree standee

Leaf campfire

Apple hat

Ironwood DIY workbench

Natural garden table

Spooky fence

Also @SteveH if you've still got that gold screen wall can I claim it please. And did you get hold of the yellow and white wheelie bins? Wouldn't mind those either if you'd be so kind, ta! :hat:

Can I get spooky fence please

If your young child asks you to Google pictures of Orville and Wilbur so they can draw them, then for god's sake make sure you check the search results first because fucking hell, there are some sick, sick mother fuckers out there. 

What does spooky fence look like? Is it from a recipe?

It sounds EXCELLENT.

I very much like the pumpkin scarecrow that @StumpyJohn has guarding his pumpkin patch too.

I have only acquired a pumpkin lamp and straw bale thing (which is great), a spooky table, and a green pumpkin. None were from recipes though...

40 minutes ago, Mike S said:

It sounds EXCELLENT.

I very much like the pumpkin scarecrow that @StumpyJohn has guarding his pumpkin patch too.

I have only acquired a pumpkin lamp and straw bale thing (which is great), a spooky table, and a green pumpkin. None were from recipes though...

make sure you are visiting your villagers to see if they are crafting and also shooting down balloons

3 hours ago, SteveH said:

@MeatballJust sent all three things to you mate....no charge :hat:

What a gent! :hug:

3 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

Can I get spooky fence please

Sent. Did use Yodel for shipping though, so you might have to go looking in your shrubs for it or ask around the other villagers if they’ve got it. 

1 hour ago, Mike S said:

It sounds EXCELLENT.

Spooking fence plus couple of the other bits...

E82BE02B-213B-4EBC-88A9-FA20467E7639.thumb.jpeg.4063f6d551b4fc062a2a81f27a8d6d61.jpeg

I have the recipe for the tall pumpkin! The fence and the dangly lamp look amazing! @Meatball

I have just been to see a villager who was crafting! I got the scarecrow! But it is the regular one that I already have. Will keep on checking in and looking out for balloons. @StumpyJohn

Something that people might have missed as it is only briefly mentioned in game.  You use the orange pumpkins to craft the spooky items but after you have done so you can then use the white, yellow and green ones to customise the item in the same way you would normally use the Customisation Kits.  As well as changing the colours the actual faces change too :wub:

Not the best pic but you can see what I mean in it:

EjhHetyVgAEG34I.thumb.jpeg.81652152fcca1ef950be072cfaa36064.jpeg

On 03/10/2020 at 19:49, Laine said:

Me please!! 

Sent!

And in other big news it appears they have finally, finally fixed Sparro’s furniture layout with the latest update so you can get to him if he’s crafting. 

The furniture on the right of his house has moved. No matter what bulky furniture I sent him he didn’t have a reshuffle until now.

BD85A4E2-FAB7-402F-9BC7-49CBB96AD682.jpeg

F0BC757D-601C-4C76-9827-81E6836BD053.jpeg

1 hour ago, StumpyJohn said:

Something that people might have missed as it is only briefly mentioned in game.  You use the orange pumpkins to craft the spooky items but after you have done so you can then use the white, yellow and green ones to customise the item in the same way you would normally use the Customisation Kits.  As well as changing the colours the actual faces change too :wub:

Not the best pic but you can see what I mean in it:

EjhHetyVgAEG34I.thumb.jpeg.81652152fcca1ef950be072cfaa36064.jpeg

Also though the colour of the pumpkins will be random if grown from the starts bought from Nook's/Leif with orange most likely and green rarest, according to the vid I saw it said you can replant a pumpkin to guarantee growing more of that colour. So if you're going to want all your items customised green it might be good idea to throw a few of them greens off your first crop back into the ground.

Not sure if the original plantings will be a repeat of whatever colour they produced first time, or random again :unsure:

Thanks Daley! I’ve popped 8 or 9 balloons last couple of days and sod all in the way of Halloween DIYs. It’s going to be cherry blossom all over again. 

I’ve got so many buildings to move around that the thought of time travel is becoming more and more tempting! But I’ll be strong. Yeah.