Animal Crossing: New Horizons

9 hours ago, Meatball said:

Also though the colour of the pumpkins will be random if grown from the starts bought from Nook's/Leif with orange most likely and green rarest, according to the vid I saw it said you can replant a pumpkin to guarantee growing more of that colour. So if you're going to want all your items customised green it might be good idea to throw a few of them greens off your first crop back into the ground.

Not sure if the original plantings will be a repeat of whatever colour they produced first time, or random again :unsure:

I read that the original plantings remain 'as is' both in terms of the colour and the number of pumpkins its yields.  Will find out tomorrow

Out of the 26 I originally planted I got 2xGreen, 2xWhite and 1xYellow, all the rest being Orange.

I filled all the gaps in my patch with new starts, it didnt even occur to me that you could plant a pumpkin instead! :facepalm:

I'll see what balance of colours I have once they are all grown and then reorganise it to have a nice mix if necessary

2 hours ago, Laine said:

Thanks Daley! I’ve popped 8 or 9 balloons last couple of days and sod all in the way of Halloween DIYs. It’s going to be cherry blossom all over again. 

I’ve got so many buildings to move around that the thought of time travel is becoming more and more tempting! But I’ll be strong. Yeah. 

I got a spare trees bounty mobile DIY yesterday of you need it

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

I've had one per day from the first crafting villager of the day, fence, scarecrow, candy set and chair. My nephew has only had 2, which is utter bullshit.

I got my first one from a balloon but since then I have only gotten more from crafting villagers.  As I dont bother looking for those very often now I missed out on the first couple of days but am checking every day now

There is a whole month to get these and a lot less than 30 of them so I wouldn't stress!

Edit: Blaire is crafting Spooky Lantern Set so I have opened up.  I'll be off working so not active

34 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

I read that the original plantings remain 'as is' both in terms of the colour and the number of pumpkins its yields.  Will find out tomorrow

Out of the 26 I originally planted I got 2xGreen, 2xWhite and 1xYellow, all the rest being Orange.

I filled all the gaps in my patch with new starts, it didnt even occur to me that you could plant a pumpkin instead! :facepalm:

I'll see what balance of colours I have once they are all grown and then reorganise it to have a nice mix if necessary

I got a spare trees bounty mobile DIY yesterday of you need it

I got my first one from a balloon but since then I have only gotten more from crafting villagers.  As I dont bother looking for those very often now I missed out on the first couple of days but am checking every day now

There is a whole month to get these and a lot less than 30 of them so I wouldn't stress!

Edit: Blaire is crafting Spooky Lantern Set so I have opened up.  I'll be off working so not active

It's a shame you can't buy duplicates of the shop items. 

2 hours ago, SteveH said:

I guess the ratio of pumpkin colours is favoured toward orange then!

acnh pumpkins.jpg

I think someone said all the orange ones are for crafting and the other colours are for customisation.

@Doctor Shark got your poster, I think we need to meet up as I don't think I can post it to you without being in a town together once.

I now have the spooky gate and it is excellent.

It is odd that there are two Spooky Lantern recipes - one with a straw bale and a couple of pumpkins, the other just a single pumpkin - but both named the same.

What is the name of the spooky lantern on a hanger as that is what I want next?

22 minutes ago, Mike S said:

I now have the spooky gate and it is excellent.

It is odd that there are two Spooky Lantern recipes - one with a straw bale and a couple of pumpkins, the other just a single pumpkin - but both named the same.

What is the name of the spooky lantern on a hanger as that is what I want next?

Spooky Standing Lamp.

Looking to clear some stuff I been hoarding from my storage, got a couple of duplicate Ladybug umbrella what were prizes from the Bug Off events I think. Anyone want one before I dispose of them?

24 minutes ago, Meatball said:

Spooky Standing Lamp.

Thanks!

I like to think knowing the name will cheat the system and make it come to me sooner rather than later.

Meanwhile I intend to dig up half the red weed on my island and get into pumpkin farming.

1 hour ago, Mike S said:

Thanks!

I like to think knowing the name will cheat the system and make it come to me sooner rather than later.

Meanwhile I intend to dig up half the red weed on my island and get into pumpkin farming.

?? What is red weed?

1 hour ago, StumpyJohn said:

Have had a few visitors the last 2 mornings so have opened up again incase anyone wants to visit to grab another spooky recipe.  Today it is Snake crafting Spooky Arch

EjoV4rpUcAMCnIJ.thumb.jpeg.04667009158b6ca91fe6b9c3d8480ca1.jpeg

I'll be off working

Ooh brilliant! I’ll pop over. I’d love that trees bounty mobile diy if you still have it! 

6 minutes ago, Laine said:

Ooh brilliant! I’ll pop over. I’d love that trees bounty mobile diy if you still have it! 

I think it is dropped on the beach to the left of the airport, help yourself to it and any others you need

1 hour ago, StumpyJohn said:

Have had a few visitors the last 2 mornings so have opened up again incase anyone wants to visit to grab another spooky recipe.  Today it is Snake crafting Spooky Arch

I'll be off working

Did also slip over for a visit, cheers!

If you need any more of them DIY's @Laine I have a spare of the Tree's bounty little tree one.

Why the fuck have they made the pike so bloody small??! I’ve been looking forward to it since the game came out, after never being able to get the one from The Sword in the Stone out of my head since I was a kid. 

“It can grow up to four feet long, and maybe more!”

...so we’ve made it 10 inches. Fuck you. 

@StumpyJohnThanks for diy - I totally missed you saying it was on beach! 

I have shooting stars tonight - will open around 7.30 hopefully. Will post when I open. You’ll need a ladder to get higher up.

So I spent ages moving the insane amount of flowers on my lower level, dumped most up high and on beach to use later and got rid of so many! One day of heavy rain and I’ve got new flowers everywhere. But no it’s none of my fancy rare ones just the same old crappy cosmos. Another 15 at least! Arghhhhhhh!

48 minutes ago, Laine said:

@StumpyJohnThanks for diy - I totally missed you saying it was on beach! 

I have shooting stars tonight - will open around 7.30 hopefully. Will post when I open. You’ll need a ladder to get higher up.

So I spent ages moving the insane amount of flowers on my lower level, dumped most up high and on beach to use later and got rid of so many! One day of heavy rain and I’ve got new flowers everywhere. But no it’s none of my fancy rare ones just the same old crappy cosmos. Another 15 at least! Arghhhhhhh!

No problem, thought you had probably missed me saying where it was

The lack of rain during the last few months was great in that it meant no stray flower digging.  Its getting rainier again now and I've already had a couple of mornings where I had to clear out all the new sprouts.  I get about 40-50 every time it rains.

Having rain again did mean that I finally got to catch the 2 extra coelacanth I needed to get the very disappointingly small model

Villagers letting me down this morning and not crafting a Spooky item.  I'll check later to see if that has changed

31 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

No problem, thought you had probably missed me saying where it was

The lack of rain during the last few months was great in that it meant no stray flower digging.  Its getting rainier again now and I've already had a couple of mornings where I had to clear out all the new sprouts.  I get about 40-50 every time it rains.

Having rain again did mean that I finally got to catch the 2 extra coelacanth I needed to get the very disappointingly small model

Villagers letting me down this morning and not crafting a Spooky item.  I'll check later to see if that has changed

I thought my 15 or so was bad! :D There’s hardly any space for more to grow around where the flowers still are thankfully!

I've got turnip prices of 427 if that's enough for anyone still working the stalk market. I'll keep the gates open until 12, I'll be afk.

Dodo code: 52KVR

Daddy from Bloakes

No need for tips, we are all awash with bells on the island.

1 hour ago, Laine said:

I thought my 15 or so was bad! :D There’s hardly any space for more to grow around where the flowers still are thankfully!

I've been overwhelmed with flowers too as I am still after the elusive last three I haven't managed to breed. My tip, a few strategically placed bins to speed clearing up. You can always sell in the shop or the drop off box of course but it really speeds things up to just dump them sometimes, especially when it rains and the flower beds are far from the Nook's.