Animal Crossing: New Horizons

16 minutes ago, SteveH said:

I'm going to have to head off in about 40 minutes, but I'll set my Switch to one side and leave it on the battery until it dies (usually about 2 1/2 -3 hours?) Keep an eye here and see if @Indy @ S.E.comments? I can see him online on his Switch but of course can't message him.

Okey doke.

If he doesn't shape himself I'll nip over and buy it and can post it to him...

Evening all, 

Really sorry about before, I couldn’t get on the island as it wasn’t showing up then got pulled away to work again.

Dont want to mess it up for others so happy for someone else to take the painting, I can wait till it pops up another time, felt like I caused excess drama today!

Cheers,

Indy

2 hours ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

Evening all, 

Really sorry about before, I couldn’t get on the island as it wasn’t showing up then got pulled away to work again.

Dont want to mess it up for others so happy for someone else to take the painting, I can wait till it pops up another time, felt like I caused excess drama today!

Cheers,

Indy

I went back and bought it for you as I didn't want to see it unsold!

I'll post it on when it arrives tomorrow as you had first dibs and I was a late chancer...

Thanks to @SteveH for leaving his island open.

1 hour ago, Meatball said:

The one, the only...Celeste is here :omg:

Gates open for shooty stars wishing and that.

I caught her on @Tets lovely island earlier.

Nabbed the Scorpio recipe so, after my visit to yourself for some quick star gazing the other night, I am sorted to craft a lovely lamp.

29 minutes ago, Mike S said:

I went back and bought it for you as I didn't want to see it unsold!

I'll post it on when it arrives tomorrow as you had first dibs and I was a late chancer...

Thanks to @SteveH for leaving his island open.

Hi Mike,

Thats super kind of you to do that but I’d feel really bad about accepting it, please keep it when it comes in tomorrow and I’ll wait for another real one to appear... We need loads of real artworks so have plenty others to focus on!

Cheers,

Indy

31 minutes ago, Mike S said:

I caught her on @Tets lovely island earlier.

Nabbed the Scorpio recipe so, after my visit to yourself for some quick star gazing the other night, I am sorted to craft a lovely lamp.

Cool cool.

I'm going to shut up now and watch a bit of telly for a while, but if anyone else wants a visit for stars/celeste just let me know and I'll try keep an eye one here.

@Indy @ S.E. Don't worry, no drama caused. It's the lack of being able to message directly on the Switch that is to blame. That plus where my dock for my switch is, I can't leave it docked and switched on without leaving the TV on, so I have to let it sit there with the battery always running down :/ - just one of those things and not a problem mate :) 

8 hours ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

Hi Mike,

Thats super kind of you to do that but I’d feel really bad about accepting it, please keep it when it comes in tomorrow and I’ll wait for another real one to appear... We need loads of real artworks so have plenty others to focus on!

Cheers,

Indy

OK, if you are sure as it is no problem to forward it on. 

Very decent of you, thanks!

We're not going to be able to make Halloween this Saturday, it starts at 5pm and ends at midnight.

I've never time-travelled before, but is it as simple as setting the system clock back a few days after? 

1 hour ago, gizmo1990 said:

Wtf, that git Redd sold me another fake copy of a Jolly painting I'd already bought!? I thought once you'd brought a fake the next one would be an original? Isn't that how it worked previously?

I don't think there is any restriction on selling you multiple fakes. I have seen the same fake things a few times.

I generally check his offerings against this:

https://www.polygon.com/animal-crossing-new-horizons-switch-acnh-guide/2020/4/23/21231433/redd-jolly-museum-art-fake-real-forgeries-list-complete-painting-statue

2 hours ago, gizmo1990 said:

Wtf, that git Redd sold me another fake copy of a Jolly painting I'd already bought!? I thought once you'd brought a fake the next one would be an original? Isn't that how it worked previously?

No, I don't think there is much restriction based on previous purchases other than that each time Redd visits there is a 20% chance for a piece of art not donated to the player's museum to be forced to spawn.

Other than that there are set patterns (1 real & 3 fake, 2 & 2 etc) that have a % chance of being used.  I cant find the link that gave the specific % chances

I've had the same fake appear several times, some, such as Jolly, Scary, Wistful, Academic appear quite regularly. I have all of them in my inventory too.

I've also seen the same real item appear several times even when I've already obtained it.

3 hours ago, Daley said:

I don't think there is any restriction on selling you multiple fakes. I have seen the same fake things a few times.

I generally check his offerings against this:

https://www.polygon.com/animal-crossing-new-horizons-switch-acnh-guide/2020/4/23/21231433/redd-jolly-museum-art-fake-real-forgeries-list-complete-painting-statue

Great stuff! You have freed us from Redd’s tyranny!:)

Does anyone need any pumpkins? I have:

589 Orange

177 White

126 Yellow

122 Green

Pretty sure I'm not gonna be using many more and they might go to waste after Halloween.

16 minutes ago, tbb said:

589 Orange

177 White

126 Yellow

122 Green

Pretty sure I'm not gonna be using many more and they might go to waste after Halloween.

No thanks.

31 minutes ago, tbb said:

589 Orange

177 White

126 Yellow

122 Green

They sell to Nooks for 350 bells each so you are looking at about 350,000 bells there if you just flog them.  Crafting them into items does not double the value like it does with wood, stone etc and I've not seen spooky items feature as Hot Items yet either

I've got the darner and red dragonfly models by the river on my island and when Flick was in town yesterday I thought I'd ask for the banded dragonfly model to go with them

ElkKSRCUcAADs07.thumb.jpeg.54e3a06679642acd2f28088dce64b510.jpeg

Was a bit puzzled when he called it a "grand banded dragonfly" but then when it arrived in the post today I understood why :o

Spoiler

ElkJNcmUcAAMvOM.thumb.jpeg.b2461511561045c2be617ee84be90465.jpeg