Animal Crossing: New Horizons

You have to fish during heavy rain right? I've not had a reason to hunt one because I have the model (which incidentally is tiny :()

Talking of heavy rain, I'm sad there's no properly heavy snowfall. Give me blizzards, snow stacking up high, give me a path ploughing mini-game, give me a 'find the missing villager buried in the snow' mini-game. Give me anything that wasn't in previous games. :quote:

5 hours ago, SteveH said:

@DaleyCould I get the Ukulele please? Cheers

Sent.

3 hours ago, Meatball said:

Anyone caught a Coelacanth recently?

I not had one of them in a good while :unsure:

This is the last fish I am missing for the museum and it’s driving me a little crazy. So it’s just in the sea in heavy rain/snow right? Caught a few thousand sea bass but not a sniff of these yet.

2 hours ago, Daley said:

.This is the last fish I am missing for the museum and it’s driving me a little crazy. So it’s just in the sea in heavy rain/snow right? Caught a few thousand sea bass but not a sniff of these yet.

I've put one in the museum and have a couple more saved, I just need the third for a model. But I've got a few other fishy species saved waiting to be models too, so I can get them done first no probs. I'm forecast heavy snows tomorrow so I'll see if I can snag one then.

2 hours ago, Daley said:

This is the last fish I am missing for the museum and it’s driving me a little crazy. So it’s just in the sea in heavy rain/snow right? Caught a few thousand sea bass but not a sniff of these yet.

It's anywhere in the ocean while its raining (normal or heavy) and I'd suggest avoiding the pier and river mouth as there are other large fish that specifically appear there which might reduce your chances.

In previous AC games it also appeared during the snow BUT looking on Reddit etc it appears that nobody has actually caught one in the snow and provided a screenshot/ video as proof.

The critterpedia has it as all year on rainy days but I guess snow may not count as rain or it could be bugged.  I think you are going to need to wait til the season changes to catch one :(

Looking on meteonook my last snow is Feb 22nd and first rain is Feb 25th so the swap over must be somewhere in that period

10 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

Hey @Meatball, I caught so many of these during the summer I just left one on my beach.  Couldn't even be bothered to throw it back in as knew I would just catch it again next cast when all I really wanted was a Horse Mackerel or a Sea Bass :P

Erpn7gaUwAEoLyc.thumb.jpeg.38bd02cf41c07ac7995d2a41c79dcb50.jpeg

:hat:

I knew that would be coming when I posted. I actually think I did previously catch more than the two I have but wasn’t thinking of wanting the model back then so sold them on and now they don’t seem to be about much/at all. 

40 minutes ago, Meatball said:

:hat:

I knew that would be coming when I posted. I actually think I did previously catch more than the two I have but wasn’t thinking of wanting the model back then so sold them on and now they don’t seem to be about much/at all. 

Early on I also made the mistake of selling off high value fish so didn't have 3 of everything in Inventory for model making.  I had to wait for the seasons to come back round for Football Fish and Tuna for example.  Have been keeping 3 of everything since, even the sea creatures in the hope that we might be able to make models from them at some point

Some spare recipes, which I'll be amazed if anyone is missing them!  Also Able's has Reindeer Jumpers for sale which I haven't seen before at my store. Available in 3 fetching wintery colours. Ideal for the tyrant running a desert island during the winter.

Cherry Hat

Ski-slope Flooring

Gold Armour

Log Stakes

Kettle Bathtub

Natural Garden Chair

Steel-frame Wall

Snowflake Wreath

Kettlebell

Ornament Mobile x 2

Bamboo Stool

Ironwood Table

Rustic-stone Wall

Illuminated Reindeer

Gold Bars

Log Decorative Shelves

Iron Garden Bench

4 hours ago, SteveH said:

Some spare recipes, which I'll be amazed if anyone is missing them!  Also Able's has Reindeer Jumpers for sale which I haven't seen before at my store. Available in 3 fetching wintery colours. Ideal for the tyrant running a desert island during the winter.

Steel-frame Wall

Can I have this one please?

Cheers! And thanks for all the info guys on the col..coel...the fish that only appears in the rain. Would tally with my experience if it doesn't appear in the snow, have certainly looked!

34 minutes ago, Fuddle said:

I’ve got redd here today too. Open now

ive forgot what he has.... mysterious painting?

:omg: Have just grabbed the mysterious painting, that's one of the few I still need!

Thanks v much, have watered your flower patch in front of Nooks

Does anyone else find that you get ONE horoscope star fragment each time you spend the night wishing on stars? I'm sure I used to get loads more... Also, the Capricorn fragment is almost exactly the same colour as the Cancer fragment, so that's scuffed my rainbow pattern of star fragments somewhat. :hmm:

@StumpyJohn I don't suppose you're looking for a Worthy painting? A villager dropped one in my mailbox.

28 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

Does anyone else find that you get ONE horoscope star fragment each time you spend the night wishing on stars? I'm sure I used to get loads more... Also, the Capricorn fragment is almost exactly the same colour as the Cancer fragment, so that's scuffed my rainbow pattern of star fragments somewhat. :hmm:

@StumpyJohn I don't suppose you're looking for a Worthy painting? A villager dropped one in my mailbox.

I tend to get zero, one or two zodiac fragments most times but do sometimes get more.  The most I ever had was 7 which was a real one-off outlier!

Each month I tend to end up with about 20 zodiac fragments overall

Thanks for the offer, I already have a Worthy in the museum.  Mostly just need statues now, the art I am missing is:

Wild Painting Right Half

Gallant Statue

Great Statue

Mystic Statue

Tremendous Statue

Valiant Statue

Warrior Statue

I've seen fakes of mystic and warrior several times, if only you could combine multiples of them to make a real one :lol:

I'll keep an eye out. I have the Tremendous, Warrior, Familiar, Informative, Motherly, Ancient and Beautiful statues, but that's all so far. :) 

Sooooo, who needs a legit Worthy painting? First come, first serve. ;)

1 minute ago, Number 28 said:

Sooooo, who needs a legit Worthy painting? First come, first serve. ;)

An animal just posted that to you?! I am jealous.

My miserable gits have never gifted me anything of any value at all let alone a painting for  my very poorly stocked museum. 

In other news, Redd is visiting today for the first time in over four weeks and has made up for his long absence by having a real Van Gough Starry Night in stock. The other fakes are the usual mona lisa, vitruvian man, and some other I don't know the name of - gold thing with flowers on it - looks like a screen.

I thought maybe that was a subtle way of saying you wanted it, but you're not accepting other people's items right? D'oh!

I think this is the fourth piece I've had posted to me by villagers. Maybe you need to get them to best friend level? Maybe I'm just lucky. Mind you, I had Redd twice in five days and both times were 100% fakes... :hmm:

Could I get the fake screen please? Sounds like the Detailed painting.

26 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

I thought maybe that was a subtle way of saying you wanted it, but you're not accepting other people's items right? D'oh!

I definitely want it but, nope, can't accept it.

I'll open up a bit later for the screen. Will advise on here!

Yeah, I don't got time for the weather business. I'll let it surprise me.

Wait, wtf, I just read this on a wiki...

Occasionally, male villagers may mail a resident a piece of art. Jock and Lazy villagers can send any piece of art, which can be either real or fake. Cranky villagers can send sculptures, which can be either real or fake. Smug villagers will send only fake pieces to the player.[1] Female villagers, regardless of personality, will not send art to the player.

Female villagers are designed to be stingy shocker! What is the reasoning there Nintendo? @StumpyJohn Looks like you wanna load up on cranky males. ;)

Just now, Mike S said:

I'll open up a bit later for the screen. Will advise on here!

Ok, whenever's good! :)

2 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

Wait, wtf, I just read this on a wiki...

Occasionally, male villagers may mail a resident a piece of art. Jock and Lazy villagers can send any piece of art, which can be either real or fake. Cranky villagers can send sculptures, which can be either real or fake. Smug villagers will send only fake pieces to the player.[1] Female villagers, regardless of personality, will not send art to the player.

Female villagers are designed to be stingy shocker! What is the reasoning there Nintendo? @StumpyJohn Looks like you wanna load up on cranky males. ;)

Don't think I'd read that before and I was vaguely thinking about changing a couple of villagers ...

Camo Frog is the only Cranky one I have at the moment

I could invite Gruff back as think I binned him before getting his photo early on

I quite like Gaston or maybe Limberg as liked him in previous games

Think I've had 3 maybe 4 art gifts from villagers.  IIRC all were fake or items I already had though :(.  The first was a statue but think the rest have been paintings, not sure.

All my villagers are at best friend level and have been for months.