Animal Crossing: New Horizons

2 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

3. more recently when Redd appears I have used the travel forwards then backwards one day trick to 'reset' Redd's selection so that it included something I actually wanted (I am a dirty time traveller!!!!). I tend to only do the forwards/ backwards thing a few times each Redd visit as it gets tedious v quickly

Aha! ;) I think I'll have to join you with the time travelling eventually if he keeps appearing with a garbage selection. I'm overdue a visit right now... So is that all there is to it? Forwards one day, load the game, save/exit, move back one day?

5 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

Aha! ;) I think I'll have to join you with the time travelling eventually if he keeps appearing with a garbage selection. I'm overdue a visit right now... So is that all there is to it? Forwards one day, load the game, save/exit, move back one day?

essentially yes, you need to make sure you close the game too before changing the clock otherwise the game ignores it.

Redd arrives

Check out his selection and buy anything you want

Save and exit

Close the game

Move the clock forward a day

load up the game, do anything you want or nothing

Save and exit

Close the game

Move the clock back a day

load up the game, visit Redd again and hope he has better stuff

Repeat until bored or you have some decent art!

10 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

Ok, cheers for the rundown. :) So you buy on the first day as well and get two bits of art? Interesting...

up to you whether you buy or don't buy on any given instance of the day, it doesn't affect the process.

If you had the patience and desire you could just do it over and over and over until you had a full set

Same method works with getting models from Flick and CJ too, not that I've ever done that ;)

I'd guess it would work with Gulliver etc too though I have not tried it

1 hour ago, Daley said:

I would be careful with how much access you allow. I did this a few weeks ago as you say just to be nice and the monsters trampled my flowers and stole all my pumpkins! Obviously they grew back of course but it seems some people don't know how to behave!

Yes, I was concerned of that so I had a little scope around last time I did it and figured with my layout and how everything is that with just some minimal use of a few bits of fencing I can pretty easily block off a route up through the resident services plaza thing, around and up over the bridge to Nook's.

No access to anywhere else, so the most damage they can do is trample/pick a few of the pansy around resident services

Someone just tipped me a Sahara token. I'd rather they'd just cleared off and not bothered TBH <_<

Also cheers for the mail a couple of days ago @Mike S :hat:

9 minutes ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

Could I get the fake beautiful statue please?

Sure I'll open up now. I'm right in the middle of something so will be afk. 

Don't forget my patented fast travel system. Just hop in the pipe to the left as you leave the airport and it will take you straight to Redd's :) 

No problem if Sweatytravolta has something you'd prefer :) 

1 hour ago, SweatyTravolta said:

Update day and I've got Redd with

Real - Informative Statue

Could I grab that if it still available please. Out at work now, but should home and around from mid afternoon and eve. 

18 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

I’ve also got Redd.

Fake Rock-head statue.

Real Academic painting.

Real Quaint painting.

Can I have the Quaint painting please?

Also not sure if I have been ignoring it but a Switch Lite popped up in the "Special Goods" section which I have not seen before. Nabbed a yellow one.

1 minute ago, Daley said:

Can I have the Quaint painting please?

Also not sure if I have been ignoring it but a Switch Lite popped up in the "Special Goods" section which I have not seen before. Nabbed a yellow one.

Sure. When would you like to visit? I can open now if you want?