rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Man, that was a good spot of fishing.

Football Fish, then a massive Sturgeon, topped off with a fucking ginormous Oarfish.

Loving this.

1 hour ago, Tetmon said:

Just checked the turnip prices. 45 bells! I bought them for 109, bloody rip off merchants!

B47CD815-69F1-45D4-A862-AEEE4A9725BF.jpeg

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, cohen205 said:

I’ve seen people clap. How do you do it? 

Moose the mouse taught me this morning. I can't remember why...

He also taught me 'surprise' which has become my favourite, by a mile.

3 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Man, that was a good spot of fishing.

Football Fish, then a massive Sturgeon, topped off with a fucking ginormous Oarfish.

Loving this.

I've had a couple of footballs but it's mostly sea bass and flatfish for me albeit with a few rarer ones - red snapper, a goby, a stripy one. No fish larger than the bass though..

I would love an oarfish.

3 hours ago, Mike S said:

Moose the mouse taught me this morning. I can't remember why...

He also taught me 'surprise' which has become my favourite, by a mile.

so there are ‘actions’ then ^_^

2 hours ago, cohen205 said:

so there are ‘actions’ then ^_^

Yeah when one of your villagers unlocks them they're on ZR.

Apart from the time of day, season, whether it's raining, and whether you're fishing in fresh or sea water, what determines which fish can be caught, or is that it?

Bit miffed that my last 2 messages in bottles are both for plans I already know. Are the things you learn when building the 3 new houses set or randomised?

1 minute ago, moosegrinder said:

Bit miffed that my last 2 messages in bottles are both for plans I already know. Are the things you learn when building the 3 new houses set or randomised?

They can't be set as one of mine required use of oranges - that'd be no use if you didn't have them.

2 minutes ago, deKay said:

They can't be set as one of mine required use of oranges - that'd be no use if you didn't have them.

Whereas some of mine needed apples.

Also a clothesline, iron outdoor furniture, stone table and a wooden hifi...

So some are the same but some aren't. The fruit specifity makes sense.  Did either of you get Tiki Torch and Barrel? Although I think Tiki Torch was a basic one before you put the plots down anyway.

Well a very productive morning for me in my 4th.

Bridge is now under construction and I've now set my three house plots and got all the items needed for all three

Looks like my weekend gathering supplies and material paid off big time. 

The museum is lovely isn't it. 

When it came to choosing something I didn’t have or something expensive as a reward for the recent fetch quest, I went with the former. I received a switch. Not a Switch, a switch.

I regret everything.

• Upvote 2

So is anyone going to be using Tom Nook as an Economics teacher during this bout of home schooling? 

I would but I have to go to my non essential actual job. 

Completed my Anklyosaurus this morning. There's a sentence I never thought I'd say. 

• Upvote 2

Any beginner tips for someone who's never played an AC game before? Or is it better to just start playing and figure everything out for myself?

2 minutes ago, Sane said:

Any beginner tips for someone who's never played an AC game before? Or is it better to just start playing and figure everything out for myself?

Yes, the latter. It's not an especially obscure game, really, but the way you play it, i.e., checking in each day for half an hour or so over weeks and months as opposed to having massive sessions on it, might be different from what you're used to.

Saying that, some people have managed to play this for ten+ hours each day since it came out, so obviously massive sessions are still viable as well. I'm not sure what there is to spend all your time doing - there's only so much you can do in a day - but then I haven't taken it online yet, and that seems like a huge time sink.

Are turnip prices the same for everyone? Never really bothered with them in New Leaf

6 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Yes, the latter. It's not an especially obscure game, really, but the way you play it, i.e., checking in each day for half an hour or so over weeks and months as opposed to having massive sessions on it, might be different from what you're used to.

Saying that, some people have managed to play this for ten+ hours each day since it came out, so obviously massive sessions are still viable as well. I'm not sure what there is to spend all your time doing - there's only so much you can do in a day - but then I haven't taken it online yet, and that seems like a huge time sink.

Thanks. Would you recommend I read this thread while playing or not?

15 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

A hell of a lot of fishing to service your ever increasing debt to the great leader.

@Sane. Definitely read the thread.

9 minutes ago, Nosejam said:

Are turnip prices the same for everyone? Never really bothered with them in New Leaf

The little shits are giving me like 48 bells today. Arseholes. I it's unique to everyone's shops to encourage social play.

Speaking of the two items in my Nook's Cranny are a Moss Ball <_< and a fucking Fax Machine! I'll open my gates later on if people want in for that or the awesome skull wallpaper.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Nosejam said:

Nope. Someone this week will get a high price, and they're going to be very popular.

Work *grumble* *grumble* stupid...

However, my museum is open. My god it's amazing isn't it? Just need the ribs to finish my diplodocus.

Definitely want the skullpaper. I have a rather nice little camping fire/pot cooking thing for sale today. Going to add it to my beach chill zone :)

Also a reminder for people that missed it a few pages ago, the trees now seem to work like the rocks, as in they can give you up to 8 sticks if you keep shaking them. Not always but sometimes. Also mixes bells on with them sometimes.