Animal Crossing: New Horizons

45 minutes ago, psycho_fox said:

You should be thankful for that!!

Why? Doesn’t he just give you some eggs and a chat?

He’s definitely not on the island. Eggs are, but he’s not.

You might need to make some space for him...which seems kinda daft, but there you go. I placed my bunny topiary next to him and when I came out of a building he had vanished. I took the topiary away, went in/out a building and he had returned there. :sherlock:

I've just opened my gates for the night ready for the meteor shower. I'm afk catching up on the Moto G.P races, but help yourself to anything in Nooks etc :) 

4 hours ago, deKay said:

Why? Doesn’t he just give you some eggs and a chat?

He’s definitely not on the island. Eggs are, but he’s not.

Only ‘cos he’s an annoying character, and I hated the bunny day stuff last year. 

2 hours ago, SteveH said:

I've just opened my gates for the night ready for the meteor shower. I'm afk catching up on the Moto G.P races, but help yourself to anything in Nooks etc :) 

just tried visiting but no joy, think it may have disconnected?

1 minute ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

D'oh! I was just about to head over and stomp on some flowers do some wishing.

I'm trying to catch some of these water eggs, but all I keep pulling out is stringfish :angry:

8 hours ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

No idea what happened there? I completely forgot I'd left it switched on to be honest so didn't try to re-connect it or anything. Strange.

edit: Just checked the comments in the game. Apologies about the time in the game. First thing I did yesterday morning was check everything had changed time automatically. I checked the Switch itself as you had to change it manually on the 3DS. I saw it was correct and didn't even think about then checking in the game itself! 

I forgot to mention those flower bed thingies! Thankfully it was something you could buy as many as you want of :) 

Oh god. 

All the damn eggs. All the time. 

I'm going to briefly check in for washed up seagulls or Redd but otherwise am out till all this is over. It was terrible the first time, I don't have the patience for a second.. 

Did the villagers give free eggs last year? 

Every time they’ve called out to me over the last two days it’s been to hand me 5 eggs, next time I’m just gonna run away from them until they get bored and leave me alone.

6 minutes ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

Did the villagers give free eggs last year? 

Every time they’ve called out to me over the last two days it’s been to hand me 5 eggs, next time I’m just gonna run away from them until they get bored and leave me alone.

I don't think so. I suspect it's to help with the fact certain types of eggs (earth and water, especially) are in really short supply compared to the others.

4 hours ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

All’s well in the end :D

Your restaurant in the top left looks super cool!

Thanks :wub: Never found a single villager wandering around it though :(

I wish you could designate simple flags to areas that you create. Just small things like "night time gathering area" - "play area" that kind of thing. Just something that encourages them to actually walk around more. 

Yeah there are a few changes from Bunny Day last year, the ones I have spotted are:

Event is a few days shorter

New items in the seasonal slot in Nooks

Villagers running over and giving you 5 eggs

Also if you are not getting enough of the more limited eggs like rock or earth then remember that you can get them on mysterious islands too

I had a poke around Banshee last night at 3am and randomly bagged myself a golden trout...incredible! I only need one more for CJ. I stuck around wishing on stars for twenty minutes and still no Aries fragments. I have stars tonight according to Isabelle, so I'll open up if I remember.

35 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

I had a poke around Banshee last night at 3am and randomly bagged myself a golden trout...incredible! I only need one more for CJ. I stuck around wishing on stars for twenty minutes and still no Aries fragments. I have stars tonight according to Isabelle, so I'll open up if I remember.

I noticed your....notice! I can't believe I have actually been bothering to fish the last few days and caught nothing new! Are you related to @Meatballby any chance :P 

Haha, I have no idea how it happened. It just feels like the less you try the more likely you are to catch one. You just gotta bust out the rod whenever you notice a large-ish shadow. Most times it'll be a black bass, but yeah. I caught a stringfish that way not long ago. It was on the second tier too...I thought they were top tier only.

7 hours ago, Number 28 said:

Do you want some Aries stars? 

I have spares! 

Nah, I'm good. I don't even want to build the zodiac set, it's a bit tacky. I just use the stars as decor. :)

I just opened up if anyone wants to wish on stars. I'm not sure if Celeste is about...

Edit: Oh yeah, I found her, she's in front of my house in the north.

11 hours ago, Number 28 said:

I picked up ANOTHER golden trout whilst Indy was visiting! Insane!

image.png.292beb0e7c2c37e956d9a33a28b2b7b8.png

(The model is going to be shit isn't it... :))

The model is pretty much as you would expect, its not disappointing like the ones that should be big but are actually really small.  Got mine displayed with the other rare upper river fishes

ExtyhD4U8AAKnZz.thumb.jpeg.86e8b0be7b6eb3ae63e46bbfd2f66901.jpeg

Also Gala finally gave me her photo today :)

Nook Points seem to be active today. You can get 10 points a day for clicking a button on the app on your actual phone in the Animal Crossing section of the Nintendo Online app. Rewards include the poster from the airport (10 points), Nook Inc. doorpate (40 points), a ANCH carrying case (60 points) and photos of Tom Nook, the kids and Isabella (all 100 points per a photo).