IGNORED

Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Mr Do 71

17 minutes ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

Evening,

Does anyone have the following colour pinball machines?

- purple

- brown

Happy to come and catalogue!

Sent both.

I haven't had Redd here for quite some time now. Almost 2 weeks I believe. I've had Gulliver and Gullivarrr here twice since Redd last appeared. No idea what is going on as I thought they had changed the appearance timing for each visitor?

I thought it was on two week cycles. So you get everyone once over a two week cycle. Maybe you had Redd at the start of your last one and he’s due at the end of this one?

Which reminds me I haven’t had shooting stars for ages and I think I haven’t visited anyone with stars for ages. Am I right in saying the zodiac period for Taurus ends tomorrow? Does anyone have any spare Taurus fragments please? I haven’t crafted the monthly item but I did grab the recipe from Celeste.

I finally got the golden shovel recipe today from Gulliver! I thought it would never come. Anyone else got theirs?

I've been very naughty with Redd. Basically, every time he shows up, I make sure I get a new piece using the Stumpyjohn method. I only need three more pieces. It's clear certain pieces are pretty rare, the last time he visited I went through about 6 months of Redd visits before something appeared that I didn't already have. Without online trading you're screwed.

13 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

I finally got the golden shovel recipe today from Gulliver! I thought it would never come. Anyone else got theirs?

I've been very naughty with Redd. Basically, every time he shows up, I make sure I get a new piece using the Stumpyjohn method. I only need three more pieces. It's clear certain pieces are pretty rare, the last time he visited I went through about 6 months of Redd visits before something appeared that I didn't already have. Without online trading you're screwed.

Yeah I got golden shovel, but cause I wanted to try get a couple of multiples of certain items I also might've been naughty :ph34r:

How were you doing the naughtiness?

Correct @Daley, Gemini starts Fri 21st. I've got some Taurus fragments stashed in my storage, how many d'you need?

8 minutes ago, Meatball said:

Yeah I got golden shovel, but cause I wanted to try get a couple of multiples of certain items I also might've been naughty :ph34r:

Correct @Daley, Gemini starts Fri 21st. I've got some Taurus fragments stashed in my storage, how many d'you need?

You are a star sir. Just the two for the recipe please. And of course, if I can help with anything, please let me know. Thanks!

So weird because I don't think I have missed a day this month but haven't seen the message from Isabelle.

49 minutes ago, Meatball said:

All you have to do is save your game, close it, switch the date to the next day, load it up, save, close it again, change the date back to the current day (or the day with Redd), load it up, and his inventory will have refreshed. Rinse and repeat. It's pretty tedious. You can buy a piece of art each time to make it more worthwhile. Getting the last piece will probably be worse than catching a string fish.

26 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

All you have to do is save your game, close it, switch the date to the next day, load it up, save, close it again, change the date back to the current day (or the day with Redd), load it up, and his inventory will have refreshed. Rinse and repeat. It's pretty tedious. You can buy a piece of art each time to make it more worthwhile. Getting the last piece will probably be worse than catching a string fish.

Aye, though that was it.

There is a slightly less tedious method with you only needing to quit/reload once per 'trip'. Just save/quit/close then roll the time back to 4:57 or 4:58am and load the game up quick, when you're in it'll shortly roll over at 5:00 for the new day and when it's reloaded he'll have new different items.

Though this malfunctioned the first time I tried it and it reloaded with Lief or some other character visiting. Further investigating I found it seems that on each Monday's loading it'll set your visitor schedule for the week and so rolling back to 4:58am it was effectively putting it back to Sunday again and so when it ticked over at 5:00 I was getting a new different visitor each time.

It's worked fine ever since each time I've done it, not that I've done it much your honour :blush:

But on Monday's I'd do the tomorrow and back two reloads method like as you describe.

Yesterday I logged in for the first time since January, what a sad sight it was. Every inch of the island where weed could grow there was weed. I spent 30 minutes picking it all up. Luckily Leif was there so I could sell it all for 8k gold. The next "problem" was that the flowers had gone mental and spread all over the place so now I need to plan a hefty session to just dig up and ditch flowers. 

My hiatus from the game has certainly put me off the nice flow of progression I had going and it seems quite hard to get into it again. It seems like I've forgotten what plans I had for some half finished projects scattered around the island and now I don't know wheter I should remove all the undone projects and start new ones or try to figure out

how to complete them. 

I'm also in the market for art as I've missed out a lot of potential real stuff from Redd when I was away from the game so if anyone got dupes I'll buy them at a premium rate. 

17 hours ago, Daley said:

I thought it was on two week cycles. So you get everyone once over a two week cycle. Maybe you had Redd at the start of your last one and he’s due at the end of this one?

And as if by magic, the shopkeeper appeared (you are probably way too young to get that reference) 

Redd is here:

Twinkling Painting - Real

Flowery Painting - Real

Solemn Painting - Fake

Give me a buzz if anyone needs those. 

37 minutes ago, Rayn said:

Yesterday I logged in for the first time since January, what a sad sight it was. Every inch of the island where weed could grow there was weed. I spent 30 minutes picking it all up. Luckily Leif was there so I could sell it all for 8k gold. The next "problem" was that the flowers had gone mental and spread all over the place so now I need to plan a hefty session to just dig up and ditch flowers. 

My hiatus from the game has certainly put me off the nice flow of progression I had going and it seems quite hard to get into it again. It seems like I've forgotten what plans I had for some half finished projects scattered around the island and now I don't know wheter I should remove all the undone projects and start new ones or try to figure out

how to complete them. 

I'm also in the market for art as I've missed out a lot of potential real stuff from Redd when I was away from the game so if anyone got dupes I'll buy them at a premium rate. 

I think you could’ve just asked Leif to get rid of all the weeds. ;)

49 minutes ago, Rayn said:

how to complete them. 

How did the animal neighbours react to you?

14 minutes ago, Death Adder said:

How did the animal neighbours react to you?

That was actually amazing. Most was glad to have me back but two of them had a rather unique response to my return. Beau was pissed off and got angry with me as he'd been worried for me and written me off as dead :lol: 

Stitches, though, had forgotten me completely and wondered who I was and introduced himself as Stitches. He honestly seemed totally oblivious to my existence even though he gave me his photo around these times last year :( 

Redd here today also. He's off his dodgy game and is offering real Solemn, Jolly and Flowery paintings! plus a snide fake Mystic statue.

I still need to tidy the exterior grounds, but the interior of my second character house is now pretty much complete, so that's a bonus attraction for island visitors :D

54 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

I think you could’ve just asked Leif to get rid of all the weeds. ;)

!!!!! What???

If nobody wants any of Redd's art from mine today, could someone possibly do me a favour and come buy the Flowery Painting as I'm still missing it but I bought a statue off him today. Thanks

6 minutes ago, SteveH said:

!!!!! What???

If nobody wants any of Redd's art from mine today, could someone possibly do me a favour and come buy the Flowery Painting as I'm still missing it but I bought a statue off him today. Thanks

I can. Have all the art you and @Meatball have mentioned so can come and buy it. Thanks for the Taurus bits @Meatball!

Just now, Daley said:

I can. Have all the art you and @Meatball have mentioned so can come and buy it. Thanks for the Taurus bits @Meatball!

Thanks so much. Will open up now,  but I'll be AFK as there is some guy here at the moment measuring up rooms and checking the thickness of the double glazing :blink:

Something to do with how well homes are insulated? Anyway, I'm keeping an eye on him so won't be in the game :) 

56 minutes ago, SteveH said:

Thanks so much. Will open up now,  but I'll be AFK as there is some guy here at the moment measuring up rooms and checking the thickness of the double glazing :blink:

Something to do with how well homes are insulated? Anyway, I'm keeping an eye on him so won't be in the game :) 

All done. Will send it over when it arrives tomorrow.

I'm off out to work in a couple of hours and won't be back home til very late like after midnight gone, so probably not suitable for opening and visiting then.

But if anyone wants I can buy a couple of the paintings to post out. Just let me know and which one/s.

32 minutes ago, Daley said:

All done. Will send it over when it arrives tomorrow.

Thank you kind sir :) I'm sure you are wondering.....my double glazing isn't as thick as it could be!

13 minutes ago, SteveH said:

Thank you kind sir :) I'm sure you are wondering.....my double glazing isn't as thick as it could be!

Sounds like the kind of thing Tom Nook would say to get you into debt again. ;)

17 minutes ago, SteveH said:

Well I didn't like to say anything, but I did think they looked rather meagre :hmm:

• Mr Do 71 changed the title to Animal Crossing: New Horizons.