IGNORED

Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Mr Do 71

I'm mostly looking forward to:

• Two extra bridges and ramps (!)
  • Ladders
  • Walls/fences and customising them (hopefully you can change the colour of all walls/fences...)
  • New house facades
  • Hanging things from ceilings
  • Storage shed and ABD cash machine
  • Accent walls
  • New KK Songs

I might collect gyroids for the hell of it. Exercising in the plaza? Nah. Cooking? Nah. Kapp'n rides would've been useful to hunt for out of season bugs and fish, but that's a bit late for me now. I think the moving items outside and adjusting rooms should've been in the main game from day one, so that's a little annoying. The expansion is not cheap and I'm not interested in dressing up a new holiday island (isn't that what my island is supposed to be?)

6 hours ago, ryodi said:

I wanted Nookingtons :(. For a game as consumption driven as AC to still be stuck with Nooks Cranny so long after release is such a disappointment.

Yeah that's bobbins. Having it still limited to 5 items per day (6 including special event items) is bloody stingy as hell. I was hoping this update would add the ability to easily shop for stuff I am missing and that never seems to appear in my own Nooks.

11 hours ago, ryodi said:

I wanted Nookingtons :(. For a game as consumption driven as AC to still be stuck with Nooks Cranny so long after release is such a disappointment.

I must admit I miss the gradual unlocks, these days the things are either in the game or not and you don’t have to work towards them, I remember in New Leaf even after a couple of years of playing I was in awe when I visited someone else’s town and they had the 3 tier shop upgrade,

I remember everything in the strip of New Leaf had certain things you had to hit before they unlocked, the Comedy Club, The hairdressers etc. 

It’s one of the things that made me come back the next day, you genuinely didn’t know if that’s would be the day the fashion lady came and brought you one step closer to the 3 tier shop!

Edit - When you visited someone’s town and saw this bad boy you knew you were visiting and AC OG!

E32C0571-FFB1-4E3C-A1B6-695580A8FA07.jpeg

Apparently if you get the DLC via the £35 online 'plus' package, when the year elapses you get to keep the house design elements (partitions/pillars/counters) that you can use on your island. So maybe that's a better route to go down if you're not that fussed about the rest of it.

6 hours ago, CovisGod said:

I must admit I miss the gradual unlocks, these days the things are either in the game or not and you don’t have to work towards them, I remember in New Leaf even after a couple of years of playing I was in awe when I visited someone else’s town and they had the 3 tier shop upgrade,

I remember everything in the strip of New Leaf had certain things you had to hit before they unlocked, the Comedy Club, The hairdressers etc. 

It’s one of the things that made me come back the next day, you genuinely didn’t know if that’s would be the day the fashion lady came and brought you one step closer to the 3 tier shop!

Edit - When you visited someone’s town and saw this bad boy you knew you were visiting and AC OG!

E32C0571-FFB1-4E3C-A1B6-695580A8FA07.jpeg

It's rubbish isn't it. Expanding Nook's and seeing what each expansion sold was one of the best parts of the old games. Now I've got boatload of bells due to maximising the Stalk market when the game was released burning a hole in my bank account that's making fuck all interest thanks to time travellers when the game was released that I can't even waste at Gracies extortionately priced emporium because Nook's Cranny is the maximum expansion allowed. Building infrastructure isn't the same. 

Haven't played this since about August 2020 so too scared to revisit my island, update and dlc looks good - though a lot of it should have been in from the start. Would have preferred if The Roost and all the wee shops coming to that other island were available as place-able/customisable buildings for your main island as always thought that needed more building variation. Likewise Nooks not upgrading further is disappointing. 

I doubt it. Isn't this the last free expansion and they appear to be going all in on the paid DLC which is just an expanded version of the 3DS Happy Home Designer which unless they've improved the scripting since that game is incredibly easy to make the villager happy no matter how ugly their place now is. 

Imagine how terrifying life on your island would become if he moved in. Cappn would be forced to get into human trafficking, Mabel and Sabel just a front for a drug smuggling operation; and all the residents forced to pay protection money.

Of course Tom Nook would be paid off, and all planning permits waved through to facilitate the building of Marlo’s gaudy mansion on the east side of the island. 

What's the general etiquette around visiting peoples islands/having visitors? I've never done it before and am anxious about ever visiting anyone or having anyone visit and doing what's regarded as a no-no.

13 minutes ago, wev said:

What's the general etiquette around visiting peoples islands/having visitors? I've never done it before and am anxious about ever visiting anyone or having anyone visit and doing what's regarded as a no-no.

Just don’t wreck the place. 😉 Plus if you’re best friends, don’t chop trees down.

• Mr Do 71 changed the title to Animal Crossing: New Horizons.