Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Mr Do 71

Yeah I took a few screenshots for ideas!

I've just built a little area for trying to make hybrid flowers and made some stepping stones across sections of the river that I don't want to alter and refuse to pay Nook to put a bridge over.

Loved the Direct video for ver2.0 agree that it's a shame that there is no expansion of the Cranny and I would have liked Tropical Fruit to make a comeback too.  Rest of it all looks good and I'll definitely be coming back to it.  Am sure I'll get the paid DLC too

I think I'm most excited by the Series 5 Amiibo Cards though! I love me some Animal Crossing tat!! :lol:

Only 3 cards in a pack in the EU and Japan though which seems a bit weird; no sign of an official album to keep them in either which is disappointing

If anyone else is also going to be collecting the cards I'm happy to do swaps by post

Need to dust my island off in preparation, don't think I've played since the start of May, has there been anything of note since then or has it just been the occasional new temporary items in Nook Shopping?

11 minutes ago, StephenM said:

For whatever reason I really want Mint on my island, and I'm just in here to share that searching for 'Mint' amiibo cards on eBay is incredibly tedious and inaccurate.

Go to Etsy, you can order hooky cards that people load up with whatever character you want. Unless you want to collect the actual cards.

17 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Go to Etsy, you can order hooky cards that people load up with whatever character you want. Unless you want to collect the actual cards.

I'll check it out! Cheers.

1 hour ago, StephenM said:

For whatever reason I really want Mint on my island, and I'm just in here to share that searching for 'Mint' amiibo cards on eBay is incredibly tedious and inaccurate.

Amiibo card listings will pretty much always have the card number in them too so that can help when the character's name is a common word.  Mint is number 63

• 2 weeks later...

Just started playing this in the last week or so. Thought it was a bit basic with not much to do at the beginning, but I didn’t realise you could swim - which opened up much more of the map beyond the rivers. I also found out last night that as I am not the main player (one of my daughters played it first) I cannot get Blathers and the museum to come to the island. Are there any other important things that only the main account can initiate?

3 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

I’ve had to start this over and have absolutely nothing. Is anyone able to donate an axe, a shovel and — cheeky — a load of bells pretty please? :) 

Gate open shortly. 

Just now, shirubagan said:

I don’t have a friend list app on my Nook phone or anything yet. Forgot how slow the start of the game was :( 

Will need a Dodo code to visit if that’s OK?

Dodo code is:  LHYVB

Have played this every single day since release. Have seen Wisp three times (all in the first month) and have never seen Celeste at all.

I've not seen those characters for months either. I used to see them all the time. Plus tonight I had to restart the game to get the Halloween event to start. I think this game really doesn't like being left on standby, you gotta shut it down then fire it up again. 

Ive seen Celeste recently and have had 3 visits from Wisp this month too. Also had that bloody sailor Gull turn up, last time I couldn't be arsed waking him up and left him to be taken by the tide 

On 30/10/2021 at 05:57, acidbearboy said:

Just started playing this in the last week or so. Thought it was a bit basic with not much to do at the beginning, but I didn’t realise you could swim - which opened up much more of the map beyond the rivers. I also found out last night that as I am not the main player (one of my daughters played it first) I cannot get Blathers and the museum to come to the island. Are there any other important things that only the main account can initiate?

Hi no one seems to have answered this but the answer is yes, basically anything to do with actually progressing the game or adding to the island can only be done by the “main” resident. So unless your daughter does it all, it won’t progress at all. 

• Mr Do 71 changed the title to Animal Crossing: New Horizons.