IGNORED

Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Mr Do 71

10 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

Hi no one seems to have answered this but the answer is yes, basically anything to do with actually progressing the game or adding to the island can only be done by the “main” resident. So unless your daughter does it all, it won’t progress at all. 

Thanks for answering. I think it’s pretty poor on Nintendo’s part to not explain this at any point. I was thinking the game was pretty boring at first, but that’s because I couldn’t cross the rivers or donate creatures. I couldn’t get an axe without the mystery island trip. 

I’ve got Blathers in his tent now, will ply him with donations to upgrade to the proper museum ASAP. What are the next major upgrades I should look out for - upgrading the shop?

2 hours ago, acidbearboy said:

Thanks for answering. I think it’s pretty poor on Nintendo’s part to not explain this at any point. I was thinking the game was pretty boring at first, but that’s because I couldn’t cross the rivers or donate creatures. I couldn’t get an axe without the mystery island trip. 

I’ve got Blathers in his tent now, will ply him with donations to upgrade to the proper museum ASAP. What are the next major upgrades I should look out for - upgrading the shop?

I thought they did explain it at the start?

Just been messing with some new elements. You need to close down the game completely and then it prompts for an update, despite me supposedly already doing that? Took about 13 minutes to download and then another 15 minutes with a quite tedious session downloading new recipes etc with the Nook Miles exchange. 

Little heads up, if you want Tom Nook to expand your storage then make sure you have enough space in your inventory and the money ready (700,000 bells) as he asks for payment upfront so you need the bells already on you.

16 minutes ago, StoooTube said:

So this paid DLC… if I buy it can I install it on both my daughters’ consoles as well as my own? I have the original family tier and I'm not wanting to touch the new “expansion pack” with a barge pole…

Pretty sure that’s a no (because Animal

Crossing, we ended up with 4 copies of the game and an extra Switch as my wife fell for it) so I decided it would be cheaper to upgrade to the expansion for Nintendo Online

14 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:

Pretty sure that’s a no (because Animal

Crossing, we ended up with 4 copies of the game and an extra Switch as my wife fell for it) so I decided it would be cheaper to upgrade to the expansion for Nintendo Online

Yeah I don't think they'll let you share DLC across different accounts.

:hat:

Remember to take as many bells as you can carry to Harv's...I've had to make two trips.*

Is there a difference between the storage cupboard you craft and the metal one you order at the Nook machine?

Damn I've been playing this for half an hour and I completely forgot to head to Brewster's...:omg:

*Second thoughts, you can only unlock one vendor a day so you only need 100k. Well that sucks. Also, returning to Harv's a third time didn't spawn the vendor. You gotta wait till the next day. Patience is necessary, as always. (Anyone else get Beatles 'Blackbird' vibes from the Harv's Island theme?)

If anyone's short of cash and feeling impatient I could come dump some of my 21 million fortune in their donation box? I put out my own donation box, but more for decoration. :)

Everyone I talk to tries to come to my house now...

image.png.72a7c371dc65433c0c7d5d643336f6be.png

Coco visited earlier...then twenty minutes later just walked in by herself. I'm going to have to ask Isabelle for a restraining order.

I kinda want to cover every inch of my house with Sherb posters, get him to visit, then make a meme with the Alan Partridge stalker house.

Do we all have different colour items on the Nook machine, much like the original items? I have:

Spoiler

Black Fire hydrant

White round streetlight

Red steel fence

Red steel trashcan

Black crosswalk signal

Green curved streetlight

Yellow plastic bench

White plain party-lights arch

Black street lamp with banners

Green volleyball net

Pink gazebo

All plaza items are gold/green/yellow...

(I don't suppose all of these have alternate versions)

2 hours ago, Number 28 said:

If anyone's short of cash and feeling impatient I could come dump some of my 21 million fortune in their donation box? I put out my own donation box, but more for decoration. :)

Everyone I talk to tries to come to my house now...

image.png.72a7c371dc65433c0c7d5d643336f6be.png

Coco visited earlier...then twenty minutes later just walked in by herself. I'm going to have to ask Isabelle for a restraining order.

I kinda want to cover every inch of my house with Sherb posters, get him to visit, then make a meme with the Alan Partridge stalker house.

Do we all have different colour items on the Nook machine, much like the original items? I have:

Hide contents

Black Fire hydrant

White round streetlight

Red steel fence

Red steel trashcan

Black crosswalk signal

Green curved streetlight

Yellow plastic bench

White plain party-lights arch

Black street lamp with banners

Green volleyball net

Pink gazebo

All plaza items are gold/green/yellow...

(I don't suppose all of these have alternate versions)

Reese and Cyrus shop at Harveys will be able to change most Nook Miles items as far as i'm aware. For a price.

Also I was a few days behind so I've only just done Halloween today and the new update seemed to have a new Halloween recipe that wasn't previously available.

Spoiler

Spooky cookies

One of my villagers came to visit me. It went like this:

Kevin "hey just thought I'd pop by"

5 seconds later, "well, look at the time, I should be going"

Me: "No stay longer"
Kevin: "I guess I could hang around longer"
5 seconds later "well, I really must be going"

I think it's a bit broken :) 

I've started the process of grooming Raymond to come live here. I hope he is as good as I have heard! 

42 minutes ago, Tony said:

Reese and Cyrus shop at Harveys will be able to change most Nook Miles items as far as i'm aware. For a price.

Ah yes, I remember now. Sounds good. I went with unlocking Redd because I'm curious what he actually does. Surely you can't pop there every day to buy art? Maybe he'll just have one piece at a time.

1 hour ago, Tony said:

My visitor wouldn't leave. Kept asking me to show all the rooms. Ending up getting bored and forcing them to leave by exiting via the front door.

I've only got two rooms and Angus trapped me in one of them 

Spoiler

He didn't really coz you can barge past him but that's not as funny