IGNORED

Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Mr Do 71

2 hours ago, wev said:

Yeah I've got that installed but can't find the items @Number 28mentioned, or any items I haven't already bought for that matter

I'm on an iPhone in case that makes a difference. Maybe the Android version hasn't updated yet? Or it could be that you need to buy the new apps in the game (pro camera, island 101, etc) first to trigger it to update, I'm not sure.

Haha, brutal. It would be a nice touch if other villagers started to ask if it's true that you have an infestation problem.

Btw, does anyone know where you actually get items to hang from the ceiling? I was all hyped for fancy light fittings. It's a shame the indoor camera can't be aimed upwards enough to even see the top of the walls.

8 hours ago, SteveH said:

One of my villagers came to visit me. It went like this:

Kevin "hey just thought I'd pop by"

5 seconds later, "well, look at the time, I should be going"

Me: "No stay longer"
Kevin: "I guess I could hang around longer"
5 seconds later "well, I really must be going"

I think it's a bit broken :) 

I've started the process of grooming Raymond to come live here. I hope he is as good as I have heard! 

2 hours ago, Tet said:

I've had something similar:

Was in my house with a cockroach running around as I've not been on my island for ages.  Erik knocked, came in and immediately left saying that it looked like I already had company over 🤣

2 hours ago, Number 28 said:

Haha, brutal. It would be a nice touch if other villagers started to ask if it's true that you have an infestation problem.

Btw, does anyone know where you actually get items to hang from the ceiling? I was all hyped for fancy light fittings. It's a shame the indoor camera can't be aimed upwards enough to even see the top of the walls.

They appear for sale in Nooks, they are on wire frames similar to how the wall hanging items appear.  I guess might be available elsewhere too like gifts from villagers etc

22 hours ago, Rex Grossman said:

Yeah I don't think they'll let you share DLC across different accounts.

It looks like even the free DLC won’t work. When my daughter launches the game on her console (set as my main Switch) it says the new free DLC can’t be played. So she hasn’t got Kap’n at her pier…

Ahhhhh, extra storage is now available so I can actually make some changes to my island. That bloody cost though! 1,600,000 bells so far!!!

The placeable ABD is a bit disappointing as I thought it was actually the same as the machine in Nooks and so would save me having to go into the townhall just to get my daily Nook Miles bonus points, but it literally is just a cash machine. 

20 minutes ago, SteveH said:

Ahhhhh, extra storage is now available so I can actually make some changes to my island. That bloody cost though! 1,600,000 bells so far!!!

The placeable ABD is a bit disappointing as I thought it was actually the same as the machine in Nooks and so would save me having to go into the townhall just to get my daily Nook Miles bonus points, but it literally is just a cash machine. 

I haven't played AC:NH for ages but is 1.6 mill regarded as a lot of bells? I'm pretty sure I've got about 10x that sitting in my bank. 

For me it is!

If I strip and sell all my fruit I can make 40k but that's only every few days.

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, how do I fleece the Nooks?

(Fwiw I've not long had a second room added to my house)

I bungled the Island Transfer to my new Switch OLED.  It turns out you need a valid account to use the Transfer Tool & i'd already transferred my only login to the new system.  I could have jumped through some hoops to get it all back but I decided that the DLC was a perfect excuse for a fresh start, so new island, new villagers, new museum to fill etc.

There's also the fact that i'd gotten pretty comfortable on my old island.  Maximum upgraded & fully laid-out House, Loan paid off, Fossil collection complete & Fish/Bugs/Art collections all half finished, steady population of villagers & all the paths/parks/etc all over the island all laid out.  Starting again, especially with the new random rolls on furniture & the new housing techniques from the DLC that i'd been fudging up until then (Real Partitions? Yay!) sounds really appealing.

And Blathers can get excited over new Fossils & Fish again! ^_^

Of course, it is still possible to visit my old island using the Dream Address.  I've done it a few times just to remind myself how it looked, but I have no idea how long it will be accesible.

5 minutes ago, Jarik said:

I bungled the Island Transfer to my new Switch OLED.  It turns out you need a valid account to use the Transfer Tool & i'd already transferred my only login to the new system.  I could have jumped through some hoops to get it all back but I decided that the DLC was a perfect excuse for a fresh start, so new island, new villagers, new museum to fill etc.

There's also the fact that i'd gotten pretty comfortable on my old island.  Maximum upgraded & fully laid-out House, Loan paid off, Fossil collection complete & Fish/Bugs/Art collections all half finished, steady population of villagers & all the paths/parks/etc all over the island all laid out.  Starting again, especially with the new random rolls on furniture & the new housing techniques from the DLC that i'd been fudging up until then (Real Partitions? Yay!) sounds really appealing.

I also lost my island too and started over a week or so ago. It's actually quite nice, though you do need to short cut it with an axe, vaulting pole, shovel and a couple of million bells (thanks again @Mr Do 71 :) ).

Happy to help out where I can.

13 minutes ago, Jarik said:

Of course, it is still possible to visit my old island using the Dream Address.  I've done it a few times just to remind myself how it looked, but I have no idea how long it will be accesible.

When life gives you apples, make a apple pie.  

♥️

1 hour ago, Rayn said:

I haven't played AC:NH for ages but is 1.6 mill regarded as a lot of bells? I'm pretty sure I've got about 10x that sitting in my bank. 

Yeah I have about 16 million I think. It just seemed excessive, but then I guess everything in the game costs a ridiculous amount :) 

1 hour ago, Rayn said:

I'm happy to finally have something to spend Bells and Nook Points on again.  Before I stopped playing in May I was at just over 50 million bells and 1 million points 🤣

If anyone wants bells I am happy to give a load away.

Also if you are looking at more ways to earn them I found a couple of good ones were:

• Keep and eye on what the Cranny and paying double for, if it is an item made from iron you can make really good money.  Some of the stone and shell ones are pretty good too
  • Regularly collect up all shells and store them.  Once you have a load craft them into shell arch, if possible when it is going for double at the Cranny

1 hour ago, shirubagan said:

I also lost my island too and started over a week or so ago. It's actually quite nice, though you do need to short cut it with an axe, vaulting pole, shovel and a couple of million bells (thanks again @Mr Do 71 :) ).

Happy to help out where I can.

Thanks, but I've already made great progress.  The moment I stepped off that plane & saw the island covered in weeds my OCD tendancies kicked into overdrive & I had that lower level cleared within a day. Tool upgrades have come steadily & you can be sure that as soon as I had the shovel I sought out the money rock & the glowing spot & used the techniques for maximum bell return from both.  Now I wander the island with a speculative eye thinking things like:

"Hmm... That spot over there would be perfect for an orchard."

"Say, if I moved those trees over just a little that would make a great vegetable patch."

"You know, if I moved that Cliff/River just a tad forward/backward/left/right it would make a lovely little space for a new villager home."

And I am looking forward to fully flexing my design muscles with the DLC. I'd already designed a lovely home for myself & am going to do so again, but being able to do the same for other villagers sounds really appealing.

2 hours ago, wev said:

For me it is!

If I strip and sell all my fruit I can make 40k but that's only every few days.

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, how do I fleece the Nooks?

(Fwiw I've not long had a second room added to my house)

Are you burying bells as well in those shiny spots? Bury 10k and get 30k back a few days later. Once you get into it, it's a regular 30k a day which soon adds up. 

3 minutes ago, viewtiful jim said:

Dammit, I didn't think they'd get those Sanrio ones back again. I ended up grabbing an app for my iPhone which has every card you can imagine. It's not quite the same as owning the original cards though.

3 minutes ago, SteveH said:

Dammit, I didn't think they'd get those Sanrio ones back again. I ended up grabbing an app for my iPhone which has every card you can imagine. It's not quite the same as owning the original cards though.

There's an app for Animal Crossing Amiibo cards?  I've been tempted by some of the cards as there are some villagers I would really like to invite, but I don't really want to go down that path as AFAIK the cards can be difficult or expensive to get hold of, & that's without the issue of being tempted to collect them all once I start.

10 minutes ago, SteveH said:

I'm assuming it's something loaded with the NFC codes and you just tap your phone to the switch? If so details pls!

17 minutes ago, SteveH said:

Are you burying bells as well in those shiny spots? Bury 10k and get 30k back a few days later. Once you get into it, it's a regular 30k a day which soon adds up. 

Did not know that! I'll be sure to make sure I've got 10k when I spot one tomorrow (already dug up today's).

47 minutes ago, viewtiful jim said:

GAHHHHHHHH!!! Out of stock! 😭 😭 😭 😭

On a work meeting and just saw this, think I manually looked at the Nintendo store only a few mins before they must have gone up.

Grumpy John 😠