Jump to content
IGNORED

Animal Crossing: New Horizons.


Mr Do 71
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, shirubagan said:

Yes please! :D 

I can't see you in the google sheet linked on the OP so not sure if I have you on my friend list.  Can you tell me your friend code, ac name and island name please.

 

Hopefully I'll be on later today and over the weekend  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SteveH said:

PM'd

Sorry to my jump on the bandwagon but I'm curious about this too.

 

Also, if anyone wants some spare cash I've got about 50 million bells as well. 

 

Just found brewster and put a ninth incline and a ladder in, did quite a chunk of weeding but side benefit of having stuff almost everywhere, there isn't that much space for weeds to grow...

 

Pulled me right back in so quickly  :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Squigs said:

Do we know how the paid DLC works for multiple players on the same island yet? Is it limited to the Resident Rep, or can other residents take part too?

 


In theory it should work if it’s the main Switch of the Resident Rep and the other players are on the same island on the same Switch (that’s the way all other paid DLC works on the eshop).

 

No guarantees though this being Nintendo and Animal Crossing.

 

If it’s more than one Switch it will only work you have the family expansion pass or buy multiple DLCs (can confirm the former works as my wife and kids all have the DLC on their own consoles and I have the family expansion pass).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, StumpyJohn said:

I can't see you in the google sheet linked on the OP so not sure if I have you on my friend list.  Can you tell me your friend code, ac name and island name please.

 

Hopefully I'll be on later today and over the weekend  

 

I have started a new island and can't remember how the friend app works.
Switch FC kerumba / 0219-0577-5991

 

PSA for those who don't want to upgrade their NSO account: CD Keys have the DLC for £16.79

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Squigs said:

Do we know how the paid DLC works for multiple players on the same island yet? Is it limited to the Resident Rep, or can other residents take part too?

 


In theory it should work if it’s the main Switch of the Resident Rep and the other players are on the same island on the same Switch (that’s the way all other paid DLC works on the eshop).

 

No guarantees though this being Nintendo and Animal Crossing.

 

If it’s more than one Switch it will only work you have the family expansion pass or buy multiple DLCs (can confirm the former works as my wife and kids all have the DLC on their own consoles and I have the family expansion pass).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got some carrots (which don't stack :hmm:) from a Kapp'n boat tour island. Do you also get the new crops from Leif? He'll probably take forever to appear. Now I need to clear some space to make a vaguely organised crop field area...

 

I learned a recipe from catching a sea bass which is a nice incentive to go catching fish, even though I'm not likely to cook anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Question regarding how to start the new paid dlc - my daughter got a phone call from Tom nook which Seemed to start it off for her, but my an  never got this when he went into his game - any idea how he can get the paid dlc to start - he has it downloaded etc.. (I know nothing about this game unfortunately) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, papalazarou said:

Question regarding how to start the new paid dlc - my daughter got a phone call from Tom nook which Seemed to start it off for her, but my an  never got this when he went into his game - any idea how he can get the paid dlc to start - he has it downloaded etc.. (I know nothing about this game unfortunately) 


I got requested and transported down to the airport where Tom Nook and some woman I forgot name told me about it. Go to the airport counter and ask to go to work. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The storage shed you can craft is much better than the one from the Nook machine and has half the footprint size.

 

I just got a recipe from a balloon for an acorn rug. Is that new? I've unlocked Redd on Harv's and he offers two artworks. I wonder if they change each day? I'm unlocking the married couple next to see what customisations they can do. Not really interested in Saharah or Kicks. I wonder how many hairstyles Harriet has, considering I already got a bunch of new ones from the Nook machine...

 

Btw, I don't suppose anyone could shout me a red locker? :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/11/2021 at 14:20, Number 28 said:

Do we all have different colour items on the Nook machine, much like the original items? I have:

  Hide contents

 

 


Yes, they all seem different to mine. 
 

I have:

 

Spoiler

Green fire hydrant

Silver round street light and silver steel French (don’t know if they have colours.)

Blue trash can

Triangular topiary

Green crosswalk 

Red brick flower bed with yellow, pink and orange flowers

Light blue plastic bench

A light wood party lights arch

Blue, red and white Plaza bench

Round topiary

White street lamp with yellow and white striped banners

Blue, green and red Plaza arch

Blue, green and red Plaza clock

Black volleyball net

Swamp brown and black windmill

White pergola with yellow flowers

Blue and red balloon wagon

Blue roof gazebo

Blue plaza toy with red hat

Red Plaza game stand

Blue train with red and green

Blue and red floor ferris wheel

Blue and white striped top carousel

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Number 28 said:

The storage shed you can craft is much better than the one from the Nook machine and has half the footprint size.

 

I just got a recipe from a balloon for an acorn rug. Is that new? I've unlocked Redd on Harv's and he offers two artworks. I wonder if they change each day? I'm unlocking the married couple next to see what customisations they can do. Not really interested in Saharah or Kicks. I wonder how many hairstyles Harriet has, considering I already got a bunch of new ones from the Nook machine...

 

Btw, I don't suppose anyone could shout me a red locker? :)


Yeah think I got the acorn rug earlier or yesterday maybe. I’m finishing work shortly, can pop on when I get back and fire a locker over to you. 
I unlocked the wedding couple first and you can customise loads like changing a lava rocket lamp to any of its colours or the nook miles things like phone box, street lamp, fire hydrant etc. 

I have Redd visiting today and his non art items were I think both new, one a little dress up doll that I can customise into about 8 different versions. Wedding dude can do that plus change her hair styles as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Number 28 said:

The storage shed you can craft is much better than the one from the Nook machine and has half the footprint size.

 

I just got a recipe from a balloon for an acorn rug. Is that new? I've unlocked Redd on Harv's and he offers two artworks. I wonder if they change each day? I'm unlocking the married couple next to see what customisations they can do. Not really interested in Saharah or Kicks. I wonder how many hairstyles Harriet has, considering I already got a bunch of new ones from the Nook machine...

 

Btw, I don't suppose anyone could shout me a red locker? :)

Sent you the locker.

Trying to spruce up my island the last couple of days after months of not playing this.  Not sure if its the update or not playing it for ages but have been getting items in the Cranny and Nook Shopping Daily Items that I'd never seen before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, papalazarou said:

Question regarding how to start the new paid dlc - my daughter got a phone call from Tom nook which Seemed to start it off for her, but my an  never got this when he went into his game - any idea how he can get the paid dlc to start - he has it downloaded etc.. (I know nothing about this game unfortunately) 

 

There was an update *and* the DLC. Did they got both?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheers both. :)

 

That's strange @StumpyJohn I've been hopping on almost daily and I've not noticed anything new in my Nooks or the shopping app. There's been new seasonal items now and then, but that's all. Btw, I quite like the small lamp they currently have in there. Anything that lights up is generally nice.

 

@NexivRed Yeah, the married couple on Harv's Island will customise those items. I'll be unlocking those tomorrow. :)

 

I'm wondering when those new fences will make an appearance. I love the look of the concrete Japanese one, big Shenmue vibes. Presumably the recipes show up on the Nook machine like the other fencing.

 

I love the racoon clock on the NSO app. I recognise it from Nook's store in previous games. I was planning on building one irl but never got around to it. I was going to have some rotation to oscillation mechanism for the pendulum tail.

 

Could I bother someone for a red treadmill? It's the last thing I need for my red gym complete with red fencing. Feel free to ask me for stuff anyone. 👀
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

Cheers both. :)

 

That's strange @StumpyJohn I've been hopping on almost daily and I've not noticed anything new in my Nooks or the shopping app. There's been new seasonal items now and then, but that's all. Btw, I quite like the small lamp they currently have in there. Anything that lights up is generally nice.

 

@NexivRed Yeah, the married couple on Harv's Island will customise those items. I'll be unlocking those tomorrow. :)

 

I'm wondering when those new fences will make an appearance. I love the look of the concrete Japanese one, big Shenmue vibes. Presumably the recipes show up on the Nook machine like the other fencing.

 

I love the racoon clock on the NSO app. I recognise it from Nook's store in previous games. I was planning on building one irl but never got around to it. I was going to have some rotation to oscillation mechanism for the pendulum tail.

 

Could I bother someone for a red treadmill? It's the last thing I need for my red gym complete with red fencing. Feel free to ask me for stuff anyone. 👀
 

 

Some of the items i've seen in my last few "catching up days" in the Cranny that I think might be new are:

a tray of 6 starts (not plantable); a couple of food trays and some new furniture, moroccan sofa was one of those

 

And in the Nook Shopping daily selection today I have Castle Wall which I had never seen before.

 

I had a new, to me at least, fence recipe card available in Nook Points, Green Bamboo Fence

 

Only have the treadmill in black and blue, sorry

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, shirubagan said:

 

I have started a new island and can't remember how the friend app works.
Switch FC kerumba / 0219-0577-5991

 

PSA for those who don't want to upgrade their NSO account: CD Keys have the DLC for £16.79

I have you as a friend but with your old island details so I think we'll need to do a visit before I can post anything across.  I'll open up Saturday morning and leave bells out for you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, papalazarou said:

Got him to check but doesn’t get the go to work option at the airport 

I was only told that Harv wanted to see me and to fly out to him. I am assuming (haven't tried it yet) that it will kick in that new DLC?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That is unrelated. The DLC will kick in when you first leave your house in the morning and immediately get a phone call from Tom Nook and then there is a scripted sequence. You can then access the DLC from the airport.

 

I have read that if your island is not yet 3 star rated, you will not be able to access the DLC until it is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@papalazarou Ok,  sussed out how to get the DLC to kick in. Despite having closed down the game once already to trigger the update, I have just tried completely closing the game again and this time when I launched it, it said it was checking with the internet to see if DLC was playable. Then when the game loaded I got the phone call for the paid DLC to start.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As my new island is still in its early stages almost none of the DLC is accessible. There's no Kapp'n on the dock & the airport isn't offering the 'go to work' option (though I did get a nice picture of the team in the mail). Harv also hasn't upgraded his island yet. The only thing that is there really is the tape deck outside Resident Services (which is still a tent atm).

 

The Museum is currently undergoing it's Art expansion & is closed for the day. Does it also have to close for the Cafe expansion?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.