IGNORED

Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Mr Do 71

46 minutes ago, SteveH said:

@papalazarou Ok,  sussed out how to get the DLC to kick in. Despite having closed down the game once already to trigger the update, I have just tried completely closing the game again and this time when I launched it, it said it was checking with the internet to see if DLC was playable. Then when the game loaded I got the phone call for the paid DLC to start.

Cheers  Have closed it down, reinstalled re downloaded  update and dlc but nothing seems to be kick of for him 😞  will try again later this morning 

20 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Oh is that where the cafe is, I've popped in several times since the DLC and the game has not noticeably mentioned its existence or potential existence.

You can't get the cafe until you've got Kapp'n.

24 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Oh is that where the cafe is, I've popped in several times since the DLC and the game has not noticeably mentioned its existence or potential existence.

You need to speak to Blathers first and that starts a little quest line to unlock it.

1 hour ago, papalazarou said:

Cheers  Have closed it down, reinstalled re downloaded  update and dlc but nothing seems to be kick of for him 😞  will try again later this morning 

Not quite sure from your post, but I had to do two full shutdowns and restarts for it to kick in. Once seemingly kicked in the free stuff, the second kicked in the paid for DLC. Hope he can sort it!

18 minutes ago, SteveH said:

Not quite sure from your post, but I had to do two full shutdowns and restarts for it to kick in. Once seemingly kicked in the free stuff, the second kicked in the paid for DLC. Hope he can sort it!

Thanks will try a couple more restarts and see if that does the trick 🙂

New, photo functions are great, if you havent yet bought them from the Nook Miles shop then check it out

Also the outdoor storage shed is awesome, finally have the ability to store multiple items at once, its loads better than going into your house!!

Not done much new yet on my island but got a few remodelling ideas.  Just planted a small veggie farm so far and once I have all of them I'll pretty it up

@shirubagan Have opened up and dropped 20 bags of bells for you.  I'll leave it open for ages but will likely be AFK, help yourself to anything from the shops.

All other visitors welcome too but note Pink Elly is guarding the bells to keep them safe 😂

FDgSZO9VIAIXS2k.thumb.jpeg.850215922bcbb561fb38a81e4d924456.jpeg

10 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

Some of the items i've seen in my last few "catching up days" in the Cranny that I think might be new are:

a tray of 6 starts (not plantable); a couple of food trays and some new furniture, moroccan sofa was one of those

And in the Nook Shopping daily selection today I have Castle Wall which I had never seen before.

I had a new, to me at least, fence recipe card available in Nook Points, Green Bamboo Fence

Only have the treadmill in black and blue, sorry

Damn, I've not seen anything new in Nook's Cranny. There was a new bamboo wall recipe on the Nook machine today, but that's it. I saw some amazing items on Reddit today...castles, Japanese pine trees, custom sashimono banners. I want. They're probably all time travelling. :seanr:

No worries about the treadmill, I didn't know a red one existed until I looked it up.

You probably noticed I sent you some dual monitors which I thought looked pretty cool. It's the first ceiling hanging item I've come across. It's a shame you can't have custom designs on them, but if you're making a diner/café/restaurant it's a must have. If anyone else wants one, just say and I'll send it over (they're basically two menus on black monitors that hang from the ceiling). :)

Btw, Redd's artworks on Harv's remain the same until you buy one, at which point a new one will arrive the next day. Also, you can't mainline coffee for ten minutes to get the Roost Nook miles badge, it's strictly one a day. :lol:

32 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

Damn, I've not seen anything new in Nook's Cranny. There was a new bamboo wall recipe on the Nook machine today, but that's it. I saw some amazing items on Reddit today...castles, Japanese pine trees, custom sashimono banners. I want. They're probably all time travelling. :seanr:

No worries about the treadmill, I didn't know a red one existed until I looked it up.

You probably noticed I sent you some dual monitors which I thought looked pretty cool. It's the first ceiling hanging item I've come across. It's a shame you can't have custom designs on them, but if you're making a diner/café/restaurant it's a must have. If anyone else wants one, just say and I'll send it over (they're basically two menus on black monitors that hang from the ceiling). :)

Btw, Redd's artworks on Harv's remain the same until you buy one, at which point a new one will arrive the next day. Also, you can't mainline coffee for ten minutes to get the Roost Nook miles badge, it's strictly one a day. :lol:

I can send you a red treadmill? but if you've now got Cyrus and Reese the wedding couple and already have a treadmill he can change it for you.

I've got some duplicate arts off Redd in my storage if anyone just starting or restarting wants a bit of help to their museum.

28 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

I had Castle Wall yesterday in Nook Shopping (about 70k) and a matching Castle Tower today (300k) so worth checking that each day as well as looking in the Cranny

Anyone with loads of new items probably is TTing though, I agree.

Thanks for that, if there are any particular sorts of ceiling items you are after then let me know and I'll send you one from my catalogue once I unlock anything that seems to fit.

That is good to know, I wondered why the fake solemn painting he had yesterday was there again today.  He had a real robust statue yesterday which I bought to add to my personal museum and today there is a fake ancient statue in its place.  I'll have to go back to Harv's now and buy that so that a slot refreshes tomorrow as I had assumed it automatically rotated.  I wonder if it is always a painting and a statue or whether its just coincidence so far for me, not that 2 days is much of a coincidence! :lol: Would be great if one is always a statue as then I'll keep buying it each day til hopefully I get the last one that I still need for Blathers.

Did you spot the other thing that you can do with Redd?

Oh and there is a Bell dispenser on Harv's island now too which is helpful for paying off the lloids each day and for Cyrus customisations

22 minutes ago, Meatball said:

I can send you a red treadmill? but if you've now got Cyrus and Reese the wedding couple and already have a treadmill he can change it for you.

I've got some duplicate arts off Redd in my storage if anyone just starting or restarting wants a bit of help to their museum.

Oh right, of course! I'll get over there with my grey treadmill. So we can switch up the colours for eeeeverything now, that's cool.

If you (or anyone) has a robust statue, it's the last piece I need. Gutted @StumpyJohn just got one! :lol:  Yeah, looks like you get one new choice a day, which sounds about right. Two choices seemed overly generous for Nintendo. Also, yeah, I did the raffle thing. I got a light stick and an ice cream cone. I think I'll look up a list of what he has because not that interesting so far. So many items are going straight into storage.

Oh yeah, I read about these super expensive items appearing in Nook's, lucky I'm minted from turnips. Btw, the newspaper section of the Nintendo Online app shows you your weekly turnip prices, which seems very handy if you're still into that. Bit of a shame that can't be an app in game.

The posters Blathers is giving out are pretty cool. Presumably there's one for the art gallery too...soon.

Oh, @StumpyJohn which statue do you need? I'll check if I have it. I figured you'd finished everything a year ago. ;)

I bought the new DLC from Cd Keys. It’s working on both my eldest daughter’s Switch (set as my primary console) and my own (has to be online though). Braw.

I assume the free update isn’t working on my youngest daughter’s Switch as she hasn’t got 3 stars for her island review yet?

44 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

Oh right, of course! I'll get over there with my grey treadmill. So we can switch up the colours for eeeeverything now, that's cool.

If you (or anyone) has a robust statue, it's the last piece I need. Gutted @StumpyJohn just got one! :lol:  Yeah, looks like you get one new choice a day, which sounds about right. Two choices seemed overly generous for Nintendo. Also, yeah, I did the raffle thing. I got a light stick and an ice cream cone. I think I'll look up a list of what he has because not that interesting so far. So many items are going straight into storage.

Oh yeah, I read about these super expensive items appearing in Nook's, lucky I'm minted from turnips. Btw, the newspaper section of the Nintendo Online app shows you your weekly turnip prices, which seems very handy if you're still into that. Bit of a shame that can't be an app in game.

The posters Blathers is giving out are pretty cool. Presumably there's one for the art gallery too...soon.

Oh, @StumpyJohn which statue do you need? I'll check if I have it. I figured you'd finished everything a year ago. ;)

I can send you the robust one I got yesterday, it would just have gone in the basement of my second characters house. It's the great statue that I need.

Am out currently but will be back later today

Yesss, that'd be great thanks! Sadly I don't have the Great statue but if one comes up I'll send it your way.

Cyrus is quite good isn't he? I've been customising loads of stuff. You can customise all the basic items too. I wonder how the prices compare to doing it yourself with customisation kits? If it saves buying the bloody things from Nook's then it's a win either way.

Tomatoes and another gyroid nabbed from today's boat tour.

I could do with a crop-based favour. I'm streaming to a few friends' kids today and so set up the update yesterday and got Leif working. Museum is closed for the coffee shop, which can't be helped. I paid for Leif as I'll be demoing some major planting. 

Leif arrived today and only has pumpkins and wheat - does anyone have a surplus of seeds other than those two at their disposal? I didn't think about the update features needing 'setup' as AC things sometimes do. Almost *really* screwed up by waiting to see everything today, but had a feeling...

1 vine and/or 1 glowing moss also welcome.

1 hour ago, R0b said:

I could do with a crop-based favour. I'm streaming to a few friends' kids today and so set up the update yesterday and got Leif working. Museum is closed for the coffee shop, which can't be helped. I paid for Leif as I'll be demoing some major planting. 

Leif arrived today and only has pumpkins and wheat - does anyone have a surplus of seeds other than those two at their disposal? I didn't think about the update features needing 'setup' as AC things sometimes do. Almost *really* screwed up by waiting to see everything today, but had a feeling...

1 vine and/or 1 glowing moss also welcome.

I also have seed potatoes and tomatoes so have posted both to you

@Number 28 Statue posted to you too 

Three weeks?? I've been checking in almost every day since launch. I did a bit of time travelling for the later pieces, but then gave up on that because the chances of the final artworks appearing were so slim.

I still have a load of paintings and a few statues if anyone who is just starting needs them.

It's been so long since I last did it as there did not seem to be much point after completing the set of records but today I did the KK Concert.  I asked him to play something of his choice and he gave me KK Robot Synth a new song!! :omg:

Can't remember if it was in the nintendo direct video but new KK tunes!!

Did some major reworking on my island to accommodate new planting opportunities and give my islanders better areas around their homes. 
Looks like I last played at exactly this time last year, as my island is full of Halloween shit. 

Got Leif in yesterday and I had potatoes and sugar cane from him today. Was thinking about getting Redd next because I’ve never been lucky with the art, but it sounds like the customising pair might be good?

What does the paid DLC bring? Do you need to have an online account active? I’ll need to buy a new one. I badly need to do turnips. Fewer than a million bells and still have over 2 million to pay off my house debt before I can expand my storage. I’d been spending all my money on expanding multiple houses on my island, but I’m bored of that now. 

Feel a little lost. Not sure if what I’m building I actually like. Haven’t worked out what my next goal is. Just been tinkering around with the oven and cooking. 

Since the update the Nooks haven't had any large furniture available in their shop in the spot near the door, is this normal? I'm sure there was always something there, or is it just a seasonal spot?

15 hours ago, Number 28 said:

Three weeks?? I've been checking in almost every day since launch. I did a bit of time travelling for the later pieces, but then gave up on that because the chances of the final artworks appearing were so slim.

I still have a load of paintings and a few statues if anyone who is just starting needs them.

I’ll gladly take any spares off your hands as I have nothing in my gallery. Thank you!

Having said that Redd is in town with genuine:

Scary painting

Rock Head Statue

Perfect painting