IGNORED

Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Mr Do 71

14 minutes ago, wev said:

Yeah I struggle for inspiration, I've got a Dormant Volcano and I've no idea what to do with it, I've just surrounded it with small streams for now

I have one as well, and I’ve left the area above my campsite where I made loads of hill standees to look like the mountains. And it leads straight into the umbrella secret lab for my brolly zoo. So volcano..secret lab…sometimes these things just present themselves. 

I find a single item can trigger an idea. Like the gold sarcophagus and movie camera created my Raiders of the Lost Ark set. Or the bunny eggs gave me my race course. 
It feels weird to have huge swathes of open space, but I’m just going to leave them until I get a plan. 

Forum hive mind, does anyone know how to try and get the series 5 amiibo cards? Since the DLC my niece and nephew are on an even bigger AC kick than they were already and have asked for these for Christmas, but as far as I'm aware they've been sold out on the Nintendo Store since forever.

4 minutes ago, tnman said:

Forum hive mind, does anyone know how to try and get the series 5 amiibo cards? Since the DLC my niece and nephew are on an even bigger AC kick than they were already and have asked for these for Christmas, but as far as I'm aware they've been sold out on the Nintendo Store since forever.

I bought copies off Etsy. Probably frowned upon but Nintendo are rich enough as it is. 

6 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

I have one as well, and I’ve left the area above my campsite where I made loads of hill standees to look like the mountains. And it leads straight into the umbrella secret lab for my brolly zoo. So volcano..secret lab…sometimes these things just present themselves. 

I find a single item can trigger an idea. Like the gold sarcophagus and movie camera created my Raiders of the Lost Ark set. Or the bunny eggs gave me my race course. 
It feels weird to have huge swathes of open space, but I’m just going to leave them until I get a plan. 

Oddly, mines above my campsite too! But it's at the highest point it can be. I've put some trees and flowers around it for now.

I wish we could building into cliffs and under stuff, so we could build little rooms underneath scenery.

20 minutes ago, tnman said:

Got two spare ones if you’re interested?

D2BFDAF8-8AB5-4385-8857-BDB19D2ED617.thumb.jpeg.8be622b510fccab30d7e949361e26f6a.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Got two spare ones if you’re interested?

That's very kind of you, thank you, but I think they're excited by the prospect of gambling opening the packs.

2 hours ago, tnman said:

They seem to be pretty much impossible to get at the moment unless you want to pay 4x the RRP to a scalper 🤬

Apparently if you have the DLC you can tell Isabelle that a villager's home is upsetting you and they'll immediately switch from the basic starter interior to their personal interior... I don't suppose many of us still have villagers in the starter houses. I  said goodbye to Merengue because of her crap starter house. 🥲

8 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

I completed the main four turkey day recipes — are there any decent rewards for doing the extras the turkey alludes to. If so, what do I need to do (I have no produce growing except pumpkins). 

I'm trying to remember back to last year but I think the rewards are additional Turkey Day items and/ or DIY cards from Franklin.  Some or all of these may also be available in the Cranny for a few days from tomorrow onwards assuming it mirrors last year

You talk to your villagers and they will give hints as to what the secret ingredients are, they might gift them too but not sure on that.

I can post you any produce you need 

I have Potatoes and Pumpkins available if anyone wants those (I think I still have a couple of white pumpkins too). 

There's also wheat, sugar and tomatoes aplenty (just don't dig them up 😭 )

I'm about to eat but once I've done that I'll leave my island open and post the code whilst I'm afk

Having not played this for over a year, but recently downloading the update and the expansion, do you fine people think that I should start again with a new island or carry on with the one I have? I was only a few weeks into the game when I stopped playing originally.

2 hours ago, Number 28 said:

Apparently if you have the DLC you can tell Isabelle that a villager's home is upsetting you and they'll immediately switch from the basic starter interior to their personal interior... I don't suppose many of us still have villagers in the starter houses. I  said goodbye to Merengue because of her crap starter house. 🥲

Starter houses?

6 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

Yeah, the first few days of the game can be pretty slow and you often have to wait til next day for things to open, build etc.  I'd avoid starting from scratch

It takes two weeks to unlock everything.

15 minutes ago, deKay said:

Starter houses?

When you first start the game your original villagers are put in these very plain looking houses instead of their signature houses.

Here you can see the difference with Merengue.

image.thumb.png.82bb0cf8bf59a346242e4634d57ab3cc.png

I'm not sure how many starter houses you get. I think it might only be the first three houses.

I’m still not sure what you mean. I’ve never been able to change anything about their houses bar nudge them to use stuff I’ve given them.

I still have Cookie from my OG crew. Well obviously I couldn’t ever let her leave :wub:

D68216C4-0D50-431A-8160-8664130A5E48.thumb.jpeg.63ca175db0fa2ff073a25fdead7c477c.jpeg

that’s her gaff with a few basic wood furniture pieces which she sticks with. 

If I’d got her as a replacement resident after one of the original lot moved out she gets more fancy pink cute stuff..
73CB0823-08AB-44C7-A41E-D3A4684A975E.jpeg.77d25075ae4ec521249db7752766aef2.jpeg

@wev you can let them leave when they ask and either hope to find them on a Nook mystery island (slim odds), or invite them with Amiibo card