Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Mr Do 71

One of my villagers isn’t at the Turkey Day shit at the plaza. Instead, he’s “giving cooking a go”, and promptly informing me of how the Turkey dude is putting the wrong ingredients into these dishes I’m helping him make. Wtf. 

Yeah I had two or three do that, one only gave me a clue that I needed a "stripey fish" to improve one of the dishes, its no the Zebra Turkeyfish (that would be quite fitting) so I'm not sure what it could be. 

17 minutes ago, wev said:

Yeah I had two or three do that, one only gave me a clue that I needed a "stripey fish" to improve one of the dishes, its no the Zebra Turkeyfish (that would be quite fitting) so I'm not sure what it could be. 

Okay, you can improve the dishes for the Turkey dude with an extra ingredient. The stripes fish is a barred knifejaw (ocean fish). 

I’m on the last dish and he’s asked me for a crab I’ve never even fucking seen before 😭😭😭

1 hour ago, NexivRed said:

Okay, you can improve the dishes for the Turkey dude with an extra ingredient. The stripes fish is a barred knifejaw (ocean fish). 

I’m on the last dish and he’s asked me for a crab I’ve never even fucking seen before 😭😭😭

The dun-dun-dungeness crab? better get that wet suit on!

I was really lucky and one of my cooking villagers gave me one in return for a fish that was already in my bag.  I then spent absolutely ages trying to catch a barred knifejaw during which I caught about 50:50 horse mackerel and sea bass before having the brain wave to try another villager and lovely Lolly sniffed out the mackerel and gave me a knifejaw in return straight away :wub:

Since then having been building the restaurant facility on HHP, the sound effect on the deep fat fryer is just perfect, loved the slushie machine too!

On 24/11/2021 at 21:57, tnman said:

Forum hive mind, does anyone know how to try and get the series 5 amiibo cards? Since the DLC my niece and nephew are on an even bigger AC kick than they were already and have asked for these for Christmas, but as far as I'm aware they've been sold out on the Nintendo Store since forever.

I got a notification that they are back in stock on the nintendo store about 30 mins ago and they are still available now

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/en_gb/animal-crossing-amiibo-cards-pack---series-5-000000000010005001.html

max order appears to be 10 packs

15 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

I got a notification that they are back in stock on the nintendo store about 30 mins ago and they are still available now

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/en_gb/animal-crossing-amiibo-cards-pack---series-5-000000000010005001.html

max order appears to be 10 packs

LEGEND!

Didn’t even get the stock notification email I’d signed up for so thank you very much for quoting me!

18 hours ago, Number 28 said:

All I was saying was, if you have the DLC and a villager in a starter house, you can get them to switch to their signature house if you talk to Isabelle?

You mean you can make their house on your island match the one on the holiday island?

10 minutes ago, deKay said:

You mean you can make their house on your island match the one on the holiday island?

No. When you first start the game the first few villagers gets houses that are decorated using the furniture you made as tasks set by Nook. After so many houses are complete the new villagers will no longer use your furniture and get a house that matches their personality that's been designed by Nintendo.

What they are saying is that if you had a villager who had their house populated by your furniture or even if you have given them furniture which has replaced what they moved in with - you can speak to her and get the interior of the houses that the character was originally designed to have.

Tissues below also...not very subtle. :lol:

Cheers for the truck @SteveH I like it! I'm going to have to build a parking spot because right now it's blocking a path completely. :) I wouldn't mind the black limo also if someone would be kind enough, because y'know, Lan Di. 👀 I have one of those baobab trees if anyone fancies one. They're not really going to suit my preferred biome.

It actually snowed on my island yesterday. The villagers had their winter hats out. I'm still upset that there aren't gradations of settled snow.

Has anyone had a tractor or other farm type item of machinery?  If so then could I trouble you to send me one please.

Atm I have the nook points windmill, a tray of starts and a set of plant shelves with a greenhouse type cover on them but am after other farm type bits to go with them

Booted this up the first time in well over a year. Was nice to see the place wasn’t horribly weed covered (probably because the whole place was covered in flowers from my blue rose adventure). 

Feel a bit thick (got a stinking cold and my brain is not in a great way), so have completely forgotten how to play, but it was nice to revisit the old place. Any cool things I’d have missed that are worth a look. 

1 hour ago, spanx said:

Booted this up the first time in well over a year. Was nice to see the place wasn’t horribly weed covered (probably because the whole place was covered in flowers from my blue rose adventure). 

Feel a bit thick (got a stinking cold and my brain is not in a great way), so have completely forgotten how to play, but it was nice to revisit the old place. Any cool things I’d have missed that are worth a look. 

The new updates and latest DLC are superb.

Yeah, it's pretty great how now you only ever need one of something and you can go unlock the rest yourself. Anyway, that'd be grand, thanks. :)

Anyone in need of an excavator or steamroller? @StumpyJohn I sent you a rusty tank which is vaguely farm-y, plus some hanging shelves. Not sure if I sent those already, but oh well. :) 

Who could help me out getting some plants to grow ingredients? Or has whatshername selling today?

Need to figure out which area to clear out a bit to make space. Which will be tricky, I’d forgotten just how much I built last year

13 hours ago, Number 28 said:

@Meatball Cheers for the luxury car! Looks ace. :)

I got up too late today for turnips. Apparently instead of bamboo shoots she mails you some turnip recipes now?

I bought nips yesterday as I already had a turnip salad recipe and needed 10 nips in order to craft it.  In the post this morning I got a Jarred Bamboo Shoots recipe from her

32 minutes ago, spanx said:

Who could help me out getting some plants to grow ingredients? Or has whatshername selling today?

Need to figure out which area to clear out a bit to make space. Which will be tricky, I’d forgotten just how much I built last year

I have posted you some starts for potato and tomato

Edit, i'll post a fully reply later but Leif is available every day on Harv's island now, his stock only rotates once a week on Monday morning though.

On 27/11/2021 at 19:58, spanx said:

I stopped playing in May and came back at the start of November just before the big 2.0 release and DLC.  Here are some of the new bits, most of these are from 2.0 I think as Nintendo were very slack before that in releasing new stuff.  As you stopped playing earlier than me there are probably a few other things that will be new to you too.

Brewster in the Museum

Stretching in the Plaza

Island trip each day with Kapp'n

The transient vendors are now all on Harv's island every day (Kicks, Sahara, Leif, Redd)

Katrina fortunes (Harv's island)

Cyrus customising (Harv's island) - this is huge as can easily access all versions of items you own!!

Many, Many new items

More DIY recipes inc a few new in the seasonal events

More custom design slots

Couple of additional bridge/ inclines allowed

Deployable ladders on cliffs

A few new KK songs

Glowing moss and vines, the later are great as they can be used to climb up cliffs too

Vegetables to plant and grow

Cooking - many recipes to collect

Edit: Somehow I forgot, Gyroids are in it now too!!

On top of this there is the Happy Home Paradise DLC.

I've bought this and its really good.  It is very focused on designing houses for characters and themed facilities (cafe, school etc) so may not be of interest if people don't like doing that.  Decorating is not my favourite thing in the game but I have been really enjoying the DLC.  Over time it does unlock a few extra things in the main game too.

Outside of the actual game there have also been new Amiibo Cards released (finally!!) but they have been hard to get stock of so far

Oh and Build-a-Bear have released Nook, Isabelle and KK toys 😂

14 hours ago, Number 28 said:

@Meatball Cheers for the luxury car! Looks ace. :)

No probs! If you could pop a steamroller in my direction that'd be appreciated please.

I got a Torii if anyone wants a Japanese gateway arch thingy. Slightly annoyingly maybe its legs are a touch inwards, so might not suit a two space wide pathway :hmm:

nb27fZk.jpg

Some stuff from the DLC.  Couple of nights ago my old New Leaf favourite villager Kid Kat was on the beach in HHP wanting a vacation home.  His request was for a Secret Base so clearly I had to do that straight away!

FFJvpQFUUAMgzeC.thumb.jpeg.35b93ca5645aaec26a07d900cb227d85.jpeg

Any Omikron connection is purely coincidental! 🤣

FFJvpP7UcAMO9jO.thumb.jpeg.8fb9536967897b3b263db8bec59e6e1c.jpeg

FFJvpPYUUAAJ1k0.thumb.jpeg.52f8343c3f57b13be1f18dce1b5d054a.jpeg

3 hours ago, Meatball said:

No probs! If you could pop a steamroller in my direction that'd be appreciated please.

I got a Torii if anyone wants a Japanese gateway arch thingy. Slightly annoyingly maybe its legs are a touch inwards, so might not suit a two space wide pathway :hmm:

nb27fZk.jpg

When I get home, sure. I'd love a Torii! I mean obviously. :D 

Edit: Sent!