IGNORED

Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

Saw this over at HotUKdeals. If you have an Xbox One and use the rewards app on it there is an offer for 6,000 points if you purchase the latest UFC game. However, if you have EA Access you can download a trial of the game, and that triggers the points reward. 

edit: Just be sure to activate the reward in the app on the Xbox first to make sure it all works properly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heads up that from October 1st–19th there will be punch card that gives you 1 Reward Point per Achievement Point earned (up to 10,000) and a separate card for 500 Reward Points that also revolves around Achievements.

If you haven't played it, I'd put forward The Turing Test as a decent candidate: an enjoyable first-person puzzler with an Achievement list that's easy enough to complete in ~5 hours.

On 28/09/2020 at 22:56, Ferine said:

Heads up that from October 1st–19th there will be punch card that gives you 1 Reward Point per Achievement Point earned (up to 10,000) and a separate card for 500 Reward Points that also revolves around Achievements.

If you haven't played it, I'd put forward The Turing Test as a decent candidate: an enjoyable first-person puzzler with an Achievement list that's easy enough to complete in ~5 hours.

These are now live. 

The second one gives you 500 points for getting 5 achievements in October. 

1 hour ago, Fry Crayola said:

That's nice but is it any good? That's 20 minutes I could be spending having a nap!

Its about mental health so worth a play, very low budget though so don't expect anything amazing.

For more quick achievements on Gamepass would also suggest Tell Me Why, you will earn loads in one sitting. Give it a go if you have been holding off as its not a bad game either.

1 minute ago, Simmy said:

This rewards system has totally passed me by until now.

Are you guys receiving a consistent number to say be able to afford Game Pass or something similar with points only month to month? 

1 month of GPU is 12,000 points and I accumulated 17,000 points in September, although that included some bonus rewards for pre-ordering things eg. spending actual money on Starwars Squadrons, the Rocket League Season Pass etc.

With this being the 2nd of October, all I've done so far is completed the daily quests on the Bing searches and the two apps on the console, as well as a couple of weekly quests, to earn 821 points (ie. things that don't give me reward points for spending money). So taking that as an average I should earn 12,315 points over the course of this month by doing the 'basic' things. 

So I'd say you would at least be pretty damn close to being able to keep Gamepass Ultimate going through the rewards scheme by just paying attention to the daily/weekly/monthly quests, and definitely with the bonus quests that come up.

19 hours ago, Wallace said:

So I'd say you would at least be pretty damn close to being able to keep Gamepass Ultimate going through the rewards scheme by just paying attention to the daily/weekly/monthly quests, and definitely with the bonus quests that come up.

I usually redeem points for the £5 MS vouchers at 5800ish points a shot. Easily grab 2 or 3 of them a month to pay for GP and the odd bit of cheap DLC (Minecraft Dungeons for example).

I haven’t paid for GP with real money for well over a year now.

17 hours ago, flight said:

I downloaded a chrome extension last week that automates the bing searches:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/abs/ipbgaooglppjombmbgebgmaehjkfabme

Works fine. Think I'm gonna build up enough points for a good discount on an elite controller. Hoping they'll announce a Series X version in the meantime. 

That's brilliant - thanks for that! I use Firefox and the same extension is available on there too. Works great.

43 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

That's brilliant - thanks for that! I use Firefox and the same extension is available on there too. Works great.

4 minutes ago, hereticboy said:

Seen plenty of reports on the MS Rewards subreddit of people using those sorts of extensions and then when they come to redeem their points, finding out they've been banned, so be careful!

Yeah, definitely seems a bit dodgy!

43 minutes ago, hereticboy said:

Seen plenty of reports on the MS Rewards subreddit of people using those sorts of extensions and then when they come to redeem their points, finding out they've been banned, so be careful!

I’ve seen that reported too. Could it be that they can somehow sense an extension is doing it? Just curious as every day now for the last x months (18+) I’ve just been typing in a load of gobbledygook and then deleting the last letter, enter, delete the last letter, enter etc till I’ve hit the daily target and I’ve not had any issues.