Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

On a similar note I did some "Xbox Quest" or other that I spotted on the Gold store page on the Xbox. Had to play one GwG game for 30 minutes (Livelock? it wasn't great) and two other truly awful F2P games for 30 mins, for an unspecified reward. No idea what the reward is or of I qualify, but it ends tonight so will see.

This month's Rewards hot deal is gamepass, 1 month for 5250 points.  You get a code you can use anywhere  rather than have it applied direct to the purchasing account, so you can easily pick up a couple without even having to bother with transferring points.

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/10/2018 at 22:11, Nequests said:

Edit: Guess Stu deleted his posts. Eh.

Yeah I did, nothing useful comes of posting while angry and shitting up threads.

Anyway! I've got about 10k points and thought I'd just keep going until I've got enough for the PC wireless adaptor for the XB1 pad. I went to change my reward to a higher value gift card when I noticed there's an offer on. $5 xbox live gift card for 50% points, or 2500. That's actually brilliant, I need to check the redeem page more often, I don't recall that being advertised. So that's pretty much the adaptor paid for!

Sorry if US only, I have no idea if these things are ever regional.

edit - bugger, only allowed to get one :) Oh well, most of the way to that adaptor. It's been a good month for points, I'm on the last stage of that adventure thing, this one is 2500 points for visiting xbox.com 20 days in a row, click some spot on the screen, and earn 250 gamer points. Pretty trivial for what has turned into 5 bucks.

8 hours ago, TehStu said:

Yeah I did, nothing useful comes of posting while angry and shitting up threads.

Anyway! I've got about 10k points and thought I'd just keep going until I've got enough for the PC wireless adaptor for the XB1 pad. I went to change my reward to a higher value gift card when I noticed there's an offer on. $5 xbox live gift card for 50% points, or 2500. That's actually brilliant, I need to check the redeem page more often, I don't recall that being advertised. So that's pretty much the adaptor paid for!

Sorry if US only, I have no idea if these things are ever regional.

edit - bugger, only allowed to get one :) Oh well, most of the way to that adaptor. It's been a good month for points, I'm on the last stage of that adventure thing, this one is 2500 points for visiting xbox.com 20 days in a row, click some spot on the screen, and earn 250 gamer points. Pretty trivial for what has turned into 5 bucks.

It is regional, but I can't see it on my US account either. Looks like you got it as a reward for completing some part of that adventure thing, which I never managed to get past the first stage of (only ever got it to register 9 out of 10 logins). 

3 hours ago, stefcha said:

only ever got it to register 9 out of 10 logins

That's a shame. It feels pretty flaky not having a live update, I assume data from the disparate systems is squared up behind the scenes in batches and doesn't feel like it always works. I wish the rewards interface would at least acknowledge you've done something (like visit xbox.com), even if they can't get a live gamer point update.

13 minutes ago, TehStu said:

That's a shame. It feels pretty flaky not having a live update, I assume data from the disparate systems is squared up behind the scenes in batches and doesn't feel like it always works. I wish the rewards interface would at least acknowledge you've done something (like visit xbox.com), even if they can't get a live gamer point update.

I'd be interested to know how it all works or how it's supposed to because it clearly doesn't work as well as you'd hope. Case in point, that Xbox Live Gold Quest I mention at the top of the page; play 3 games for 30 minutes each and get some prize or other. Played two of them for over 35 minutes, and one for an hour and a half. Heard nothing since, nor did I have any idea if it recognised that I'd managed what was asked by the time it ended (mid October). The other week I discovered there's actually a page to check your progress on it:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/gold/quests

Where mine says I need to play one game "just a bit more", one for where the 30 minutes is flagged "complete" and one, the one that I played longest, that I still need to "get started" on. Yet all of this data was correctly being listed in the game hub for each so presumably they've got it somewhere, but there's obviously some sort of disconnect between how things ultimately get aggregated and reported behind the scenes. I guess I'm interested to know if the problems are down to the same sort of things I'm regularly up against at work :) 

Since getting a job where I use a computer all day I purposely started using Bing to earn points for my searches. I get 90 every day and occasionally remember to do the dumb suggested searches for 10 points each. However, I never get a streak. How many points must you get for a streak?

Biggest pain is work uses Windows 7 so I can't get the bonus points for using Microsoft Edge, and I don't search enough of my phone to bother switching that from Google to Bing.

I'm on 4097 after two months, which seems pretty good. There's nothing I really want, rewards-wise, because I don't have an Xbox but it's always good to save them up. Could even give giftcards away on rllmuk if I get enough.

Or blow them all on useless sweepstakes.

3 minutes ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

Since getting a job where I use a computer all day I purposely started using Bing to earn points for my searches. I get 90 every day and occasionally remember to do the dumb suggested searches for 10 points each. However, I never get a streak. How many points must you get for a streak?

None. There are three links you need to click on on the main Rewards page each day for that (will net you 30-60 points per day, plus any streak bonus). 

7 hours ago, TehStu said:

The streak is for doing the 3 things each day, which is typically a suggested search, a quiz, and a poll. If you go to this page, it's the daily set at the top:

https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/

Poll is US only, it's usually just three search links at 10 points each or two and a 30 point quiz every couple of days over here. Fucked up three of my streaks the other day, but I've still got one on 66 days (since the streaks started here) going so that's something. The streaks don't offer much really though, it always works out at an extra 15 points per day as long as you keep it going.

I don't know what combination of geography, past purchases, or whatever voodoo resulted in this, but I glanced at the redeem page and it had 3 months game pass for 0 points. When I cashed it in, it gave me another month free if I enabled automatic billing. 

Insane. Keep glancing at the redeem page, I guess. I didn't read about this on any tech blogs recently, so maybe it's all highly situational and something you should glance at often.

5 hours ago, TehStu said:

I don't know what combination of geography, past purchases, or whatever voodoo resulted in this, but I glanced at the redeem page and it had 3 months game pass for 0 points. When I cashed it in, it gave me another month free if I enabled automatic billing. 

Insane. Keep glancing at the redeem page, I guess. I didn't read about this on any tech blogs recently, so maybe it's all highly situational and something you should glance at often.

You got that for completing the Badlands punch card. US only all that stuff at the moment as well, hopefully it'll filter down to the rest of us at some point. 

Holy shit, I just checked the rewards app on the Xbox and we've actually got something good in the UK (also available elsewhere I think)! 9th - 30th Nov get 4 achievements in Gamepass games for 5000 rewards points. Need to activate the offer in the app, then get one achievement from each selection of games.

102744486_2018-11-1310_29_46-Xbox.thumb.png.840647972705d4dfe3d00e5d50a69af4.png

1. One from an October game pass title

1913920082_2018-11-1310_34_32-Window.thumb.png.92c6c6d9e4d1e164bbc3ba8545d11a39.png

2. Any in Forza Horizon 4

3. One from a first party title

423287981_2018-11-1310_35_20-Window.thumb.png.e82fbe05d5ce8efcb7bc126b24a138bf.png

4. One from an ID@Xbox title

250224110_2018-11-1310_36_30-Window.png.4918de642267fe06d1d93ae1ccd2e1db.png

It's quite a good idea to either get you trying new stuff or just getting back into something. I grabbed something from near the start of Rime that I'd missed when I played through, then loaded up Split Second to see if I was near anything. Turns out I was 1 off of winning 6 bonus events, so went back to an early one I thought should be doable, having only managed second spot. Tense as hell in the end, whittling it down and working out the track again, once you get the right flow it's such a rush. Thought I'd done it a couple of times only to not realise the finish line is some way after the fireworks go off, missing the target by less than half a second, but you know it's doable. Great game, sad that it was the end of Black Rock.

Will have to see how long these achievements take to track, got the above last night but nothing yet, does say it might take several days to be recognised though.

21 minutes ago, Pob said:

You don't have to do them in order do you? I got a FH4 one while I was downloading Wolfenstein The New Order.

Nah, should be fine in any order. Although be aware that Microsoft's method of tracking stuff between Rewards and Xbox related activities is historically haphazard, if I'm being kind.

1 hour ago, ChrisN said:

You have to have activated the 'punchcard' in the rewards app before anything counts.

Cheers, I've done that.

It's quite a cool little challenge. It'd be much better if the reward steps popped immediately in a rewarding fashion rather than there being an indeterminate lag and no push notification of when you'd done it.