17 minutes ago, jimmbob said:

It worked for me. Are you making sure you’re playing Xbone games as opposed to 360? 

For example, I played bejewelled 2 for a bit, got a few achievements and they didn’t register. However the next day I did a couple of laps in Burnout Paradise City (remaster), and the punch card populated after each achievement. 

I noticed this sort of thing happens when they have “earn X amount of points if you spend X amount in the games sale”. 
You will only get points if you buy Bone games, not 360. 

I’m playing Jedi Order to get the achievements. 

Burnout and Sea of Solitude worked for me. Impressed with Sea, will def be returning to play more.

FIFA next gen card is up for 1000 points.

Couldn’t get access to the 10 hour trial on the X store, had to go onto MS store, find the X/S version and get the trial there.

Now I just have to play FIFA and unlock an achievement. :(

4 minutes ago, Banjaxed said:

Now I just have to play FIFA and unlock an achievement. :(

I did it last night, the quickest way is to go into the ultimate team section and then change your formation (any adjustment will do) and then save it. 

It starts with a game which I didn't actually mind playing, but I don't think I'll be going back.

26 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

I did it last night, the quickest way is to go into the ultimate team section and then change your formation (any adjustment will do) and then save it. 

It starts with a game which I didn't actually mind playing, but I don't think I'll be going back.

Cheers for that. 

On 05/12/2020 at 18:48, Shimmyhill said:

It’s called the next gen FIFA reward tho so can’t be that surprising you can only do it on the next gen machines!?

It was posted on HUKD and someone in the comments mentioned they tried it on the Xbox One version and it didn't work until the played it on the Series X.

This And That!

Perhaps doesn't need a list, I managed these without searching, but this week we have capital cities:

Rome, Italy
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Bangkok, Thailand
Ottawa, Canada
Madrid, Spain
Dublin, Ireland
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Helsinki, Finland
Cairo, Egypt
Ankara, Turkey

On 05/12/2020 at 18:48, Shimmyhill said:

It’s called the next gen FIFA reward tho so can’t be that surprising you can only do it on the next gen machines!?

On 05/12/2020 at 17:44, jimmbob said:

Unless I’m missing something glaringly obvious

Yeah, alright smarty pants. :hmm:

7 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

You got a different list to me.

To be honest, I don't bother searching any results even when they aren't stupidly easy, it's barely worth the effort for less than half a pence of value for each question.

The OCD in me means I must get them right... ;)

1 hour ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

Unlocked an achievement in FIFA 21 on Saturday but it hasn’t shown up yet so I can’t claim the 1000 points.

Does anyone know of a way to force the rewards app to find it or would I need to contact Microsoft?

Did you do it on Series X / S and did you install the correct version of the game (as in not the Xbox One version) the task is about next gen games.

I did it tonight, installed the game, played an international women’s game, achievement popped straight away.

So as a new Xbox owner I've got some Rewards questions that I've been meaning to ask for a while. 

I have a UK console/account and an from the UK originally, but love in Japan. I do intend to move back next year but due to how the world is at the moment, not sure when. 

I have my Series S over here set to English and the region as the UK. this sticks the store in £s, which is useful, and presumably lets me use my UK credit card. I have a similar set up on my PS4 here, though haven't bought anything from the Microsoft store yet to see if it works okay that way. 

However Rewards won't let me access it currently. It presumably checks my IP and says I need to change my location to Japan. I do this, and I can access Rewards (in Japanese, which I'm decent at reading so that's not a problem per se). This then sticks the store in Japanese and in Yen. Again, not a massive problem, but I may then need to use a Japanese credit card to purchase things, which I don't have or buy credit which may not be viable given how popular the console is(n't) over here. 

I might be able to just switch back to the UK when I make a purchase. Not sure yet as, like I've said, I haven't bought anything. The PS4 doesn't really care about moving regions, but I don't want to be switching regions on the Xbox and finding out it locks me out of games, DLC, my account, my Gamepass stuff etc. Will it? I know DLC has to be bought in the same region as the base game, but is that the only thing I need to take care of? 

The other thing is about Rewards. Is it region free? If I switch it to Japanese now, do I have to use it in the Japanese store? If I accumulate points with my console's location set in Japan, when I move back to the UK and have a UK IP and switch regions back, what will happen to my points? 

And finally, do points have a "use by date"? I've been unlocking reward achievements for the past month, will these be added to my rewards whenever I first go and set it up? Will they expire? 

7 hours ago, Freeman said:

Did you do it on Series X / S and did you install the correct version of the game (as in not the Xbox One version) the task is about next gen games.

I did it tonight, installed the game, played an international women’s game, achievement popped straight away.

Hi,

Yes installed it on my Series X. Used the EA free play/10 hours trial that was in the store which triggered the other two achievements perfectly fine. Used the ‘play an international woman’s match’ achievement for this and the little notification appeared when the game was over and is still showing up in the achievements section as being completed, just not on the rewards app.

The version was downloaded from the Store so I assume it would’ve automatically downloaded the appropriate one?

1 hour ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

Hi,

Yes installed it on my Series X. Used the EA free play/10 hours trial that was in the store which triggered the other two achievements perfectly fine. Used the ‘play an international woman’s match’ achievement for this and the little notification appeared when the game was over and is still showing up in the achievements section as being completed, just not on the rewards app.

The version was downloaded from the Store so I assume it would’ve automatically downloaded the appropriate one?

The store has one specifically named “series s | x”

Oddly enough mine popped the FIFA quest but didn’t count for the other EA 2 achievements quest. Something weird going on

5 hours ago, Parksey said:

And finally, do points have a "use by date"? I've been unlocking reward achievements for the past month, will these be added to my rewards whenever I first go and set it up? Will they expire? 

I don't believe points ever expire but, counterintuitively, any credit you cash them in for does, within three months I think. So definitely keep your points as points and don't be tempted by that monthly 'standing order' offer that converts your points to £5 credit each month if you are saving up for a bigger purchase.

I've been redeeming my points for Game Pass Ultimate time each month but it seems to have disappeared from the list of redemption options at the moment.

Do these things come and go or is it likely gone for good? Most of the available options now seem to be turning into sweepstakes which is absolute rubbish.

On 10/12/2020 at 04:50, Parksey said:

So as a new Xbox owner I've got some Rewards questions that I've been meaning to ask for a while. 

I have a UK console/account and an from the UK originally, but love in Japan. I do intend to move back next year but due to how the world is at the moment, not sure when. 

I have my Series S over here set to English and the region as the UK. this sticks the store in £s, which is useful, and presumably lets me use my UK credit card. I have a similar set up on my PS4 here, though haven't bought anything from the Microsoft store yet to see if it works okay that way. 

However Rewards won't let me access it currently. It presumably checks my IP and says I need to change my location to Japan. I do this, and I can access Rewards (in Japanese, which I'm decent at reading so that's not a problem per se). This then sticks the store in Japanese and in Yen. Again, not a massive problem, but I may then need to use a Japanese credit card to purchase things, which I don't have or buy credit which may not be viable given how popular the console is(n't) over here. 

I might be able to just switch back to the UK when I make a purchase. Not sure yet as, like I've said, I haven't bought anything. The PS4 doesn't really care about moving regions, but I don't want to be switching regions on the Xbox and finding out it locks me out of games, DLC, my account, my Gamepass stuff etc. Will it? I know DLC has to be bought in the same region as the base game, but is that the only thing I need to take care of? 

The other thing is about Rewards. Is it region free? If I switch it to Japanese now, do I have to use it in the Japanese store? If I accumulate points with my console's location set in Japan, when I move back to the UK and have a UK IP and switch regions back, what will happen to my points? 

Not sure about Rewards. I get the same issue in that I live in Europe but generally have the console set to the UK (out of habit really as I don't buy anything off the UK store). It wanted me to switch region and set up an account which I couldn't be bothered to do.

With regards to the store fronts - it doesn't matter from which country you buy a game - they all get tied to the same account . I generally buy from whichever country is cheapest by buying store credit for that country. Switch region - add credit, buy - then switch back. The thing to note is that some older games weren't released in every country (this mainly seems to apply to Xbox 360 games) so if you're storefront is set to a country where a game wasn't released you won't be able to play that game. One thing to note is that I think a handful of Japanese developed games that were released there first are regarded as being different to the Western releases, so you'd possibly not be able to play in English and might need to be set to Japan as your country to play.

1 hour ago, Garwoofoo said:

I've been redeeming my points for Game Pass Ultimate time each month but it seems to have disappeared from the list of redemption options at the moment.

Do these things come and go or is it likely gone for good? Most of the available options now seem to be turning into sweepstakes which is absolute rubbish.

It went back up on Monday but has been removed again. I redeemed on Monday but having problems with the code they sent me as in. It won't redeem and says it's for new accounts only. Free trial.

I'm not alone as there's a post on Reddit with multiple impacted users. Also unable to contact rewards support currently using the link on the email.  Bit annoying but will keep trying. 

Link to Reddit thread 

https://www.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftRewards/comments/k7hms6/game_pass_ultimate_is_back_but/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

7 minutes ago, cassidy said:

It went back up on Monday but has been removed again. I redeemed on Monday but having problems with the code they sent me as in. It won't redeem and says it's for new accounts only. Free trial.

I'm not alone as there's a post on Reddit with multiple impacted users. Also unable to contact rewards support currently using the link on the email.  Bit annoying but will keep trying. 

Link to Reddit thread 

https://www.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftRewards/comments/k7hms6/game_pass_ultimate_is_back_but/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Ah goddammit! I redeemed a code on Wednesday and hadn't typed it in, I've just tried it and I've got the same Free Trial error. Glad you highlighted this. Let me know if you get it sorted.

2 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

I noticed that as I hit 35000 for 3 months, I checked on console and it was in the app and redeemed fine.