Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

1 hour ago, The Mighty Ash said:

No, just the UK. I think it might be because sometimes I would search rubbish just to get the points. 

Surely everyone does that? I just did the mobile bing search and the default content for the search field is “popular on bing” and if you look at the search suggestions it’s all “popular on bing 15, popular on bing 16” which clearly comes from people farming points. 

I just made bing my phone's search engine. Pretty easy.  I don't really care if it's Google or Microsoft that are building a profile based on those searches and I'd be using one of them anyway. 

Edit: though now I see "pc search" is by far the biggest earner in this. 

1 hour ago, The Mighty Ash said:

One of the reasons they give for a suspension is -"Searching without the good faith purpose of obtaining Bing search results"

I've emailed them as there isn't a chat option.

That's a bummer, but good to know. 

I just went to redeem some of my points on my Xbox, and was given the option to redeem either 5850 points into a £5 gift card or 4410 points into a £5 gift card. It defaulted to the former but obviously I clicked down one and grabbed the better offer.

20 hours ago, RaoulSilva said:

I've done the rubbish search to get points for the last 2 months and had no problems, I usually type a long string of one letter or rubbish and just keep clicking in the search box, deleting the last letter and hitting enter to do the 30 searches in seconds. 

I've been doing this did'nt know they were suspending people for it. Will go back to searching "Beatles songs" then clicking each one. Doubt they can ban you for that but who knows.

Still no sign of the Game Pass achievement rewards.

I don't have an Xbox so don't use the app but have been collecting points via desktop and mobile.*

Like everyone here I just thought the suggested searches for daily rewards were engineered to get people to test the search engine or search deeper. Ones like the 'Things to do in Paris' or 'Owen Wilson Films' today. You click on the top row and they give you points for each as it's sent as a new search. How can they penalise you for doing what they clearly want you to do?

*To shamelessly get their raffle tickets for an Xbox One X

I think any legible search term is ok, even if it doesn't make much sense, so "things do trifle to run" would be fine even if it's nonsense but strings of Xs and numbers etc is obviously no good for boosting their search algorithm, so not fine and done enough will get flagged. They obviously want users to boost their search numbers but also their results algorithm with useful or at least seemingly useful terms. Probably doesn't hurt MS that some may stick to using bing due to rewards. Yeah right.