14 hours ago, Freeman said:

The next problem is figuring out what to do with the points :unsure:

Game Pass has got plenty to keep me going games wise for the foreseeable future. Im probably going to be lost in Yakuza games till god knows when. So I did the weekly food shopping from Tesco with my Microsoft points a few days back  :lol:

6 hours ago, Orion said:

Game Pass has got plenty to keep me going games wise for the foreseeable future. Im probably going to be lost in Yakuza games till god knows when. So I did the weekly food shopping from Tesco with my Microsoft points a few days back  :lol:

Oh, there's an idea!  I hadn't even realised they'd added other retailers...

8 hours ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

335 points left till I hit the 10000!

Good man, how’ve you found it? 

Only asking as I smashed a load of easy games last time to get the full 10k and towards the end didn’t really enjoy it at all, indeed it was a bit tiresome!! 

My experience was similar to start with, the whole approach to this was to find the quickest and easiest games to give 1000 points and smash through them. Got exposed to a load of indie/smaller studio games which for some reason or the other I’ve tended to avoid in the past and only focus on the bigger blockbusters.

There were some really good games in there, I’ll definitely be paying more attention to that side of the market more.

Amongst achievements in other games I’ve been playing like Gears 5 and Forza Horizons 4 my gaming list for this thus far has been:

Subnautica

Ark

Pixark

Fractured Minds

The Gardens Between

Tell Me Why

Donut County

Walking Dead: Michonne 

Got the other two Walking Dead stories to work through as well as What Remains of Edith Finch which will easily take me over the threshold but also I’ll get to play some cracking games as a result.

Hopefully there’ll be a similar list of games released before this crops up again next year!

Yeah I should have added that whilst I'm doing it again this time round I have ticked off a few of the very easy ones that I'd never have normally played anyway (one leaves, Five Nights at Freddy's and Pixark) I intend to this weekend really get stuck into a few games that I've meant to play for an age that should be both enjoyable and generous on the points front, my little list of those so far being:

Pikuniku

What Remains of Edith Finch

Titanfall 2 and the Touryst

Oh and after you mentioned it I think I'll also take a look at Donut County too :)

If anyone's got any other suggestions then please do suggest away!!   

1 hour ago, Yiggy said:

I’m doing this shit now for the first time. It’s curiously addictive.

I won’t hit 10k or even half that but I have found it a little addictive, I also found out you can press Y on an achievement (even a hidden one) and it takes you to the web with guides and vids of how to get it!

On 22/01/2021 at 09:14, womble9 said:

Quick update / reminder for anyone that went for this to check your mails. Just checked mine and it came through last night at 11pm with a code and a link to redeem it. 

1K points boost get :)!

On 09/01/2021 at 12:08, rafaqat said:

Well Fractured Minds is the easiest 1000G I have ever done.  Took about 5 minutes.

Any other that are similarly quick?

The Gardens Between looks interesting.  Might play that while accumulating achievements.  Not sure I'll be able to keep up 1000 a day though.

The bonus with The Gardens Between is that it's a really nice little game too.

24 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

I won’t hit 10k or even half that but I have found it a little addictive, I also found out you can press Y on an achievement (even a hidden one) and it takes you to the web with guides and vids of how to get it!

Didnt know about the Y thing. What website does it take you to? 

I started late so won’t hit 10k but I’ve done a few other reward challenges as well like quizzes and I did switch my search provider to bing god help me. 

5 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

Didnt know about the Y thing. What website does it take you to? 

I started late so won’t hit 10k but I’ve done a few other reward challenges as well like quizzes and I did switch my search provider to bing god help me. 

Bing/Edge search with YouTube vids 

There's another Hitman 3 reward that has gone up. It's a punchcard, so will need activating first, but will give you 250 reward points for earning an achievement in Hitman 3.

2 hours ago, multi said:

The bonus with The Gardens Between is that it's a really nice little game too.

Defo recommend playing the Gardens Between properly and then using a guide to hoover up remaining achievements after as well (I still need to finish it!).

I redeemed €35 worth of rewards to put towards Hitman 3.

That brought me down to 4,000-ish points.

But by buying Hitman, bing searches, achievement points, signing up for that community thing etc etc I'm back up to 12k+ again in 3 days.

I effing love Microsoft Rewards!!

2 hours ago, Simmy said:

I effing love Microsoft Rewards!!

Let’s hope they stick around, especially after they’ve reversed the Gold price hike. Hopefully they don’t cobble rewards to make up the loss. 

44 minutes ago, jimmbob said:

Let’s hope they stick around, especially after they’ve reversed the Gold price hike. Hopefully they don’t cobble rewards to make up the loss. 

Same here but I reckon on average they're making good money from searches on average.

For me it's always the same -

Mobile search - Terminator 2. Click through cast.

Desktop search - Twilight Film. Click frantically through cast of chads.

Done.

God knows if they're making money off that but I think on average they must be.

15 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

That ABS extension (on the Chrome Web Store, but works in Edge) is absolutely bonkers. Seeing it open up all the reward tasks and do the tedious quizzes for you is quite something.

Yeah, this is what i use. Takes about 2 minutes to get everything. 

So am I right in saying you can easily get around 300 points a day just by doing the online stuff and some basic gaming rewards? So about 10000 per month relatively easily? Which is about £8 in MS points? 

About 70-80 points per day from the rewards dashboard, plus 30 points per day for maintaining a streak. 90 for Bing searches, 12 for using Edge, 60 for mobile searches. 50 points for getting a daily achievement. 100 per week on the console app, plus another 250 per week if you maintain the streak, which works out to another 50 per day.

That alone is about 360 points, and you've still got Game Pass quests and other bonuses knocking around that can increase your tally.