Jump to content

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Waggo said:

 

One of the tasks was to click for 500 points to donate to a selected charity.  I clicked on it and it added the 500 points to my total points, with no requirement to donate them anywhere????

I donated. I didn't realise you didn't have to. Obviously you have to give more than those 500 points too.

 

Robbing charitable bastards. That was my quid!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Re the conversation up there ^ have they changed the daily quests now then? On my profile page (rather than the app) there would be a launch a gamepass game and open the gamepass app but I don’t get them any more and I don’t seem to have any other daily quests, er, daily.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

Re the conversation up there ^ have they changed the daily quests now then? On my profile page (rather than the app) there would be a launch a gamepass game and open the gamepass app but I don’t get them any more and I don’t seem to have any other daily quests, er, daily.


Open the GamePass app quest is no more. I never had a problem with it on iOS, but apparently some people did have a problem unlocking that quest.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So there’s good news (in that this is already working despite it saying the 10th)....

82CEA680-D514-41B8-B12B-AB2DCC710831.thumb.jpeg.c8ccf77a096041f99ab9c520a77bbc2c.jpeg
 

And there’s not so good news in that this (sometimes a tad slow to respond, I find early evening rather reliable / quickest) is back....

 

D02A75E5-176D-4FE1-9F1E-9E16967496F6.thumb.jpeg.073dc5c733de1a0ddf10c5041a6d8832.jpeg

 

Like it or loath it points are points and from me it’s a ta v much to MS for what’s IMO a great reward / loyalty scheme :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting to slightly dread the daily web task that comes up sometimes: "Lightspeed Quiz! Take a 2-minute bonus quiz to earn 30 points."

 

It's always, always questions about sport. Come on guys, we're nerds, we're not supposed to know this stuff. Today was about something called "Six Nations", I don't even know what sport that IS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Starting to slightly dread the daily web task that comes up sometimes: "Lightspeed Quiz! Take a 2-minute bonus quiz to earn 30 points."

 

It's always, always questions about sport. Come on guys, we're nerds, we're not supposed to know this stuff. Today was about something called "Six Nations", I don't even know what sport that IS.

 

You don't lose points for those quizzes if they are wrong. 

 

Or just install the ASB chrome extention and it will do them all for you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I now use a browser extension to fill it in for me. There is only one quiz type that you can lose points on for being incorrect, but it's rare and a small price to pay. 

 

Both weekly quests that require playing a game ask that you do something. But they're both pretty easy of just scoring a goal in FIFA 2020 and killing 15 things in Witcher III. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I signed up with the intention of slowly accruing points and perhaps one day buying an Xbox Series, but it seems the ability to learn points via PC only is very limited. 

 

I'm doing the daily items and a few searches, is there anything else I can do, or are the big hitters all limited to Xbox owners? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr Do 71 said:

I just click on the boxes until i get the correct answer.

 

This is the correct answer.

 

The only quiz you need to "care" about is the "This or That" one for 50pts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, choduk said:

If you have a phone and a Gamepass ultimate sub, you can do the Gamepass quests via the app and Xcloud.

 

Interesting, I didn't consider that - thanks. 

 

I don't have an Android device, but I could try Android 10 on my Switch to do this.. :eyebrows:

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AlexM said:

I signed up with the intention of slowly accruing points and perhaps one day buying an Xbox Series, but it seems the ability to learn points via PC only is very limited. 

 

I'm doing the daily items and a few searches, is there anything else I can do, or are the big hitters all limited to Xbox owners? 


I mean you can get 10000 points a month using an edge browser with the extension. Which is generally more than you’ll get from Xbox stuff unless there’s a 10000 point promo like there was last month. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Yiggy said:


I mean you can get 10000 points a month using an edge browser with the extension. Which is generally more than you’ll get from Xbox stuff unless there’s a 10000 point promo like there was last month. 

 

How safe is that? I don't want to risk any sort of 'rewards ban'. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AlexM said:

 

How safe is that? I don't want to risk any sort of 'rewards ban'. 


I mean as far as I know it’s 100% legit though you are essentially ‘gaming’ the system a bit. It’s no different to you sitting there for 20 mins clicking through them all and not reading anything which is what I was doing before. I know loads of people on here do it without a problem. 
 

It’s not like your getting more points than MS are willing to give you. It’s capped each day for that reason. It’s basically a way to do it ‘smarter’. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes?

 

It only takes me about three at most. A poll and a daily quiz, the ones that pop up at the bottom of the screen, are the only things that need your attention beyond a single click.

 

Don't waste time doing quizzes and playing games you don't need to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

20 minutes?

 

It only takes me about three at most. A poll and a daily quiz, the ones that pop up at the bottom of the screen, are the only things that need your attention beyond a single click.

 

Don't waste time doing quizzes and playing games you don't need to.

 

30 PC Searches

40 Mobile Browser Searches

12 Bing Searches in Edge

 

225 points per day there. You can search a film and click through the cast to do a lot of it which is almost as easy as clicking on the plug in but not quite! It also does the quizzes for you which cuts down more time. I reckon it requires 2-3 times less attention! 

 

But each to their own. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Yiggy said:

 

30 PC Searches

40 Mobile Browser Searches

12 Bing Searches in Edge

 

225 points per day there. You can search a film and click through the cast to do a lot of it which is almost as easy as clicking on the plug in but not quite! It also does the quizzes for you which cuts down more time. I reckon it requires 2-3 times less attention! 

 

But each to their own. 

 

 

And then if you have an extension they fake what it runs on anyway. You just set it going, make a cup of tea, and you have loads of points when you get back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Yiggy said:

 

30 PC Searches

40 Mobile Browser Searches

12 Bing Searches in Edge

 

Do your searches in Edge and you don't need to do separate ones. Just search for "2005 video games" and click on the lot - you're done in no time.

 

But yes, do use an app if it makes things easier. I only felt that with your "20 minutes" statement you never realised how little you actually had to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.