Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

Is the £5 for 4410 points a one time deal? I’ve got enough for it now but I’m waiting for the 5000 game pass reward to drop so I can get £10 if so.

That deal will almost certainly have ended by the time the points come through anyway.

5 minutes ago, ymaohyd said:

Is the £5 for 4410 points a one time deal? I’ve got enough for it now but I’m waiting for the 5000 game pass reward to drop so I can get £10 if so.

That deal will almost certainly have ended by the time the points come through anyway.

The same deal was up a few weeks ago, so I guess it comes and goes.

2 hours ago, Pob said:

I just submitted a service ticket to their Rewards contact centre.

I've just done the same, although from looking on reddit a bunch of people are reporting that they're finally starting to update as of today. I'll believe it when I see it!

11 minutes ago, ymaohyd said:

I mean if I redeem it now it will immediately go back up to the normal price for the next fiver?

No, you can redeem as many as you have points for at that low value, it's not a single use offer (they can crop up, but as a result of other things and not something we've had in the UK yet anyway). They'll only cost more once the hot deal disappears for the month, which is either when it says, or when they decide these effectively infinite digital codes somehow "run out". 

1 hour ago, ScouserInExile said:

I don't seem to be getting points for searching using bing on my phone. I can get 30 points if I search on a PC, though. Is this normal now?

You should get points for the phone too, although it caps out at 60 per day instead of the 90 for PC searches. I noticed that my iPad counts as a PC incidentally.

1 hour ago, ScouserInExile said:

I don't seem to be getting points for searching using bing on my phone. I can get 30 points if I search on a PC, though. Is this normal now?

You don't get mobile searches or increased points for other searches until you're level 2. You need maintain getting 500 points a month to stay there.

33 minutes ago, Mogster said:

You should get points for the phone too, although it caps out at 60 per day instead of the 90 for PC searches. I noticed that my iPad counts as a PC incidentally.

You can get "PC" searches from any mobile device, just set your browser to desktop view rather than mobile. 

Android Edge definitely gives you points for Edge searches, and mobile searches too. I don't think you get any points for Cortana stuff though.

I use the Android launcher myself incidentally, and rather like it. It offers just enough customisation to fit around me without swamping me with options like Nova Launcher. It also looks rather nice.

17 hours ago, stefcha said:

You don't get mobile searches or increased points for other searches until you're level 2. You need maintain getting 500 points a month to stay there.

Ah right. It's going to take me a while to get to 500 at this rate...

17 hours ago, stefcha said:

You can get "PC" searches from any mobile device, just set your browser to desktop view rather than mobile. 

Top tip. Have started doing that in Chrome. Couldn't see a way to do it in Bing.

2 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

Ah right. It's going to take me a while to get to 500 at this rate...

Even with 30 points for a search it should only take a week at most. Minimum of 30 points for clicking links daily to add to that (so that's 60 points per day, minimum), there's just been an email with links for 50 points in it, 30-ish points available every couple of days fro the Rewards app on the Xbox and so on. Actually, here's the links from the email:

https://e.microsoft.com/Key-4061601.C.HYw9.J.K5.-.GgX7Q8

https://e.microsoft.com/Key-4061601.C.HYw9.K.K5.-.Glw8t9

https://e.microsoft.com/Key-4061601.C.HYw9.L.K5.-.Gs5b7b

https://e.microsoft.com/Key-4061601.C.HYw9.M.K5.-.GyHdPc

2 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

Top tip. Have started doing that in Chrome. Couldn't see a way to do it in Bing.

The Bing app doesn't have the option, no, but then it is really shite. Any full browser does though, Chrome, Edge and so on.

Just noticed it's exactly two months since I started this thread, so going from the numbers there here's an example of what you could've earned in the last couple of months:

Account 1, was 84790, now 100632 (15842 points, main Xbox account)

Account 2, was 51860, now 64152 (12292 points)

Account 3, was 74544, now 87347 (12803 points)

Account 4, was 11138, now 29847 (18709 points, US account)

I've lost streaks during that time (twice for accounts 2-4, and lost my 70-odd day unbroken one on account 1 the other day) and while I was fairly diligent through October I've certainly not always bothered doing all the searches each day in November so it's not like the total maximum that could be gained or anything. Account 1 will be higher as I sometimes do the stuff available on Xbox such as a 250 point survey each month, bought RDR2 digital as well... largely using previously earned credit :) Still can't get near basic earnings for a US account even so! 

They are doing a good job today, in today's quiz...

Around how many people live in Germany?

I click 82.something million.

Wrong.

The search result in the background clearly states the population of Germany is 82 million.

I click the 69 million option.

Correct.

A picture of the French flag appears along with the words, the population of France is 69 million.

30 points though ;)

There's no penalty for wrong answers with the quizzes so I just click them all until the correct one goes green as it's faster than reading the questions and selecting the right answer. 

With the swappy ones, again no penalties, so no point wasting time reading the questions, a logical approach to swapping them yeilds the answers faster. 

Fuck sake, just pissed away about 900 points playing the 'flip and win' thing that gets you +5 points for playing today. I thought you just repeatedly clicked for free for a chance to win 100 points. Turns out it costs 100 points per play. Argh.