Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

Is everyone able to get rewards today? Nothing is unlocking for me on the rewards web page, searches, the Xbox app or by obtaining achievements on the console. I still have my rewards total but nothing but yellow + signs :(

1 minute ago, reef said:

Is everyone able to get rewards today? Nothing is unlocking for me on the rewards web page, searches, the Xbox app or by obtaining achievements on the console. I still have my rewards total but nothing but yellow + signs :(

Yeah, I’ve done everything. It all worked fine.

6 minutes ago, reef said:

Website worked for me too. 

51 minutes ago, reef said:

I’m having the same issue. 

Phew, glad it's not just me. Tried a few times and different ways, logging out and back in and no joy. I've fired a call off to rewards support.

Still no joy here. It picked up my mobile searches and my extra points (quizzes and shit), but the Xbox app itself isn't registering my +50 for getting an achievement, nor is it tracking my PC searches.

Nothing here, still all zeroes and yellow plus signs, nothing tracked and nothing back from support. At least I'm only on an 18 day streak currently.

I got on this thanks to the discussion yesterday. Got the extension for Chrome to automate it, so my ADHD can't get in the way. 

2 minutes ago, AK Bell said:

It's not even tracking mobile searches for me. Can't test much else as I did all my quizzes and PC searches before it died. 

6 minutes ago, reef said:

Nothing here, still all zeroes and yellow plus signs, nothing tracked and nothing back from support. At least I'm only on an 18 day streak currently.

21 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

Still no joy here. It picked up my mobile searches and my extra points (quizzes and shit), but the Xbox app itself isn't registering my +50 for getting an achievement, nor is it tracking my PC searches.

All working fine for me - got all my normal points for the web stuff

The 50 points for getting an achievement is massively flakey at the best of times though - its 50/50 whether it works for me on any given day

All the mobile searches/PC searches/bing bonuses etc. are working for me. Haven't actually turned my xbox on today yet, so I don't know about the achievement thing.

58 minutes ago, bradigor said:

I got on this thanks to the discussion yesterday. Got the extension for Chrome to automate it, so my ADHD can't get in the way. 

I'd advise you not use the cheat scripts. Its against the Microsoft policy stuff and they do ban people for it. 

Worth a try but I've found that the 6K offer for buying Mass Effect will give you 1500 points just for activating the offer (and another 4500 if you buy) 

Not seen that in these types of offers so may be a bug.

Just a heads up for anyone that bought Mass Effect from Eneba for xbox. You can still claim the 6000 reward points on the eneba code. I essentially got the game for £25. :)

27 minutes ago, Ry said:

Just a heads up for anyone that bought Mass Effect from Eneba for xbox. You can still claim the 6000 reward points on the eneba code. I essentially got the game for £25. :)

Did the same for CDKeys code. Reclaiming works fine. 

In the end I just bought ME. In the long run, a better deal than using up all my reward points. I was very close to hitting the spend all my points target though, if points hadn't crapped out yesterday. 

Yeah I bought a code for £31 and getting 6000 points back basically means I got it for £25. Bargain. 

The fact it's such a widespread division makes me wonder if it's an a/b test to see how much the punchcard affects user behaviour.

Maybe, but I'd lean towards the Rewards app simply continuing to be flaky. They've added a punchcard for earning an Achievement in Mass Effect and it refuses to activate for me, just like the NieR one before it.

On 12/05/2021 at 17:56, AK Bell said:

Right. That's Edith Fitch done. I think Doom 64 next, which I had already started a bit last week.

This has come at the right time. I fancy Mass Effect and I don't want to spend any real money on it. 

This is a great walkthrough for Doom 64, if you want to focus on achievements rather than playing the whole way through:

I had a go of that Doom game for the achievement points and because I had it all those years ago. 

I didn’t unlock any achievements in my brief go and found it really weirdly depressing and nostalgic to the extent I couldn’t play it.  I remember being impressed at the time that I was able to play this PC game people had talked about on console. It just made me so glad things are much better now. 

I tried the Garden Between game and that’s quite interesting. I’ll give that a decent go but I agree that it’s not worth doing for the points alone, I just can’t be arsed. 

2 hours ago, Pockets said:

I had a go of that Doom game for the achievement points and because I had it all those years ago. 

I didn’t unlock any achievements in my brief go and found it really weirdly depressing and nostalgic to the extent I couldn’t play it.  I remember being impressed at the time that I was able to play this PC game people had talked about on console. It just made me so glad things are much better now. 

I tried the Garden Between game and that’s quite interesting. I’ll give that a decent go but I agree that it’s not worth doing for the points alone, I just can’t be arsed. 

I've been playing it alongside starting Cyberpunk. There's something about its simplicity that I've really liked. And the original Doom, which I'd not really played before.

It's not mattered to me that it's clearly dated, but maybe that's because I'd not played it when it first came out, so there's no nostalgia aspect.

I've been meaning to play Doom 64 but didn't fancy a full playthrough when I've got other stuff to play. The achievements are a pretty good challenge you can rattle through in an hour or two. I'm happy I did them.

On 15/05/2021 at 09:53, Fry Crayola said:

Please, play for play's sake, not for pennies.

To a degree, its like achievements.  It's just another challenge to meet, and a time limited challenge adds to that.  I've played some games through these quests that I'd not have otherwise played, and enjoyed my time with them too.  

I played through Little Acre (with guide) over the weekend, which was a great way to spend approx. 1 hour.  

In previous 10k quests I've enjoyed using cheat codes, or other exploits to open up achievements in games I'd otherwise not go near.  I played the erm... theme park type game last time too and ended up sticking a few hours into it beyond achievements as I found it quite relaxing.

I also did some of Doom 64 as mentioned above, neither of which I'd have bothered with otherwise.  

Well, I might have played Doom 64 at some point, though FPS aren't necessarily my thing, I bought Doom and 2 on Switch when they were on sale last year for a couple of quid and enjoyed 4 or 5 hours of the original in portable form.

If the game is likely to take more than around an hour though, I'm not sure I'd bother.

On the playing for pennies thing, as an indicator for whether it's worth bothering or not.... 

I haven't spent any points from around Feb 19.

I'm at 256,098 points, which I think is 1,302 off a free Series X SSD expansion...

So for me, that's somewhere around £100 a year then :hat:

A list of film lengths in alphabetical order that should make todays "This or that" which film has the longest run time a sure fire 10/10 blockbuster hit*

Air Force One 2:04

Armageddon 2:31

Austin Powers The Spy Who Shagged Me 1:35

Batman Forever 2:01

Braveheart 2:58

Fargo 1:38

Fight Club 2:19

Forrest Gump 2:22

Good Will Hunting 2:06

Goodfellas 2:26

Groundhog Day 1:41

Home Alone 1:43