IGNORED

Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

On 28/05/2021 at 07:17, metallicfrodo said:

I spend it to extend my Game Pass Ultimate. Although the best way to do that is to buy 3 months of Gold for 15k points which then converts to 50 days of GPU if you are currently subbed. (As opposed to getting the month of GPU reward which is 12k for 31 days).

I think that’s technically the best return as 3. months of Gold at rrp is 20 quid. (Obviously you’d never actually buy Gold that way with cash)

Ignoring cash equivalent prices entirely, here's how I worked it out. 

If you choose to redeem your points directly for extended Game Pass Ultimate time: 

35,000 reward points = 3 months Game Pass Ultimate

therefore

140,000 reward points = 12 months Game Pass Ultimate

therefore

383.6 reward points = 1 day Game Pass Ultimate (140,000/365) 

Whereas if you spend it on Gold codes: 

15,000 reward points = 90 days Xbox Live Gold

therefore 

15,000 reward points - 50 days Game Pass Ultimate

therefore 

300 reward points = 1 day Game Pass Ultimate (15,000/50)

I just spent 105,000 points front-loading my GPU for another year using this method.

Had a bit of a scary moment when, after buying seven three-month codes (which are delivered as xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx codes to your email) I went to redeem the first one and it gave me a message saying "this three-month Gold code will be converted to 1 month of Game Pass Ultimate". Thought for a moment I'd wasted a lot of points, but sure enough, it went through as expected after all. 

Mathematically it should have been 350 days - seven codes times 50 days - but it seems to be pretty generous with the rounding as my renewal date went from 24/06/2021 to 22/06/2022 once I'd applied all the codes. 

It's a bit of a long process but not especially difficult and certainly good value. 

I'm averaging 11,000 points most months, whch is about 350-360 per day ish. So my GPU is paying for itself. I'm very happy with that. 

Fifa points unlocked when playing the normal xbox version. 

You dont need to install the full game, wait until you get the "ready to start" prompt and play the opening game, sitck your sprint speed up to 100 and just get the ball and run forward. You will have 5 goals in no time. Then uninstall/stoip the download the steaming pile of shite.

18 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

Descenders is really not my thing. I don't think I can even face getting through the tutorial, let alone earning 10K Rep for the Weekly Reward.

I thought the same myself but all of a sudden it kind of clicked (apexing the corners seemed to make a big difference) and I started to rack up some ok points / rather enjoy it. 

3 hours ago, shirubagan said:

Descenders is really not my thing. I don't think I can even face getting through the tutorial, let alone earning 10K Rep for the Weekly Reward.

You can rack up the points very easily if you pick the steep courses. Just go as fast as possible down a hill and do a wee jump occasionally to get the multiplayer up. 

You literally don't need to follow the track. Just go through the end checkpoint

I would, but it's just janky of the not fun kind, not fun and stutters like crazy. I also don't want the achievement to pop for getting the 10k. Eurgh. The things we do for a few free pennies. Still, gotta get that headset, I suppose.

10 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

Anyone tried the Human Fall Flat quest? 

I'm following this one and it's not counting how much I've climbed 

Annoyingly, doing this should get me an achievement as well - there's one for climbing 100m and I'm currently at 80m.

For some reason, this isn't counting towards certain achievements. Like the climbing, jumping and walking ones aren't increasing as I play, but the drowning one is and gave me the achievement. 

Any ideas how to sort this? 

Easy achievement for the Gears 5 reward:

Create a map, play it and publish. 5 minutes max. Very simple. In the main menu choose Multiplayer, then Escape. Choose the third card: Map Sharing. With the right button go to my Maps. Create a new map. Just join a start tile and end tile. Play through it and publish it. Before publishing make a thumbnail. 

On 01/06/2021 at 12:52, LowCostMonkey said:

Is there anyway to login to the rewards app without using an xbox? Mobile or web or something? I'm going away for a week tonight and one of the weekly challenges is log into the rewards app on 3 seperate days. I'm on a 52 week streak that's looking like it's about to come to end thanks to a force majeure :(

I think we might just need to eat these, at some point. I've been under the weather and unable to play for days. Logged into app today to see it's an easy one, my 25 weeks would be gone if 3 achievements were required.

Kinda surprised there isn't a Windows 10 version of the rewards app, mind. 

On 01/06/2021 at 18:52, LowCostMonkey said:

Is there anyway to login to the rewards app without using an xbox? Mobile or web or something? I'm going away for a week tonight and one of the weekly challenges is log into the rewards app on 3 seperate days. I'm on a 52 week streak that's looking like it's about to come to end thanks to a force majeure :(

Have you perhaps got a fellow rewards addict that you trust with your profile? If so then just get them to log into your profile on their Xbox for you / do what’s needed and the job’s a good ‘un. Happy to help out if you’re stuck :)

6 hours ago, TehStu said:

I think we might just need to eat these, at some point. I've been under the weather and unable to play for days. Logged into app today to see it's an easy one, my 25 weeks would be gone if 3 achievements were required.

Kinda surprised there isn't a Windows 10 version of the rewards app, mind. 

I think you can get achievements from some MS mobile games - do they count towards the 3?

Can’t get that 75 pts reward for Outriders, says kill 30 enemies and I’ve killed loads but it’s not registered any % at all, anyone else had any luck with it? 

6 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Can’t get that 75 pts reward for Outriders, says kill 30 enemies and I’ve killed loads but it’s not registered any % at all, anyone else had any luck with it? 

Worked for me. 

3 minutes ago, AK Bell said:

Is 75 points for a monthly worth the effort? At least the weeklies add up in the 1k quest. 

It all adds up, but I do sometimes not bother. As long I get to unlock that 1000 for doing most of the quests.

5 minutes ago, AK Bell said:

Is 75 points for a monthly worth the effort? At least the weeklies add up in the 1k quest. 

Well I thought I’d have a go of it anyway as I’ve not played it yet.

7 hours ago, Chooch said:

I think you can get achievements from some MS mobile games - do they count towards the 3?

Good point, I'm sure I've had Solitaire count.

Seems like none of the monthly quests are working for me, not registering goals scored in FIFA either - any tips to get it working? Everything else working fine. 

17 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Seems like none of the monthly quests are working for me, not registering goals scored in FIFA either - any tips to get it working? Everything else working fine. 

Fifa points has to be on the Xbox One version

1 minute ago, xtremeboat said:

The Xbox One version and the Series X|S version as separate downloads 

Ah ok, I just have the one on the Gamepass app, i thought it was all smart delivery with Xbox now. 

Just now, Stanley said:

Ah ok, I just have the one on the Gamepass app, i thought it was all smart delivery with Xbox now. 

Yeah most are now I think, weird that Fifa isn’t. They’re both on Game Pass

41 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Human Fall Flat isn’t registering metres climbed, either. I bloody hate that game so I kind of resent having spent time on it again to no purpose. 

I got my daughter to play that as she loves it. She loaded up a save, walked about a bit (on a flat surface) and I got the notification that that challenge was done. I don't know if it was because she already had climbed this previously or it's just a broken challenge. 

Human Fall Flat worked fine for me.  Just ran up a set of stairs a couple of times and it popped.

Got caught out with the FIFA one though as did it first time on the Series S/X version,  without even realising there even was a base version that it had to be done on.  

Talking of FIFA it is first time I played 21 and I couldn’t find the Premier League anywhere.  Don’t they have the licence for it anymore?

On 02/06/2021 at 13:07, AK Bell said:

I've done the Olympic one, everything ticked off, but main page not showing it as done. Don't think I got the points. 

Min is the same. Not sure if I got the points or not.