IGNORED

Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

16 hours ago, Waggo said:

Talking of FIFA it is first time I played 21 and I couldn’t find the Premier League anywhere.  Don’t they have the licence for it anymore?

It's really weird that you can't just start a season as a team in a particular league and just start playing.  Or at least, I can't find that.  I've ended up in Manager Career mode.

13 minutes ago, Plissken said:

It's really weird that you can't just start a season as a team in a particular league and just start playing.  Or at least, I can't find that.  I've ended up in Manager Career mode.

Single player FIFA has been neglected for years. 99% of their effort goes into Ultimate Team.

7 minutes ago, Skull Commander said:

I don't think I did either back when I bought it from MS.

I'll send them an email to them, then - because it says this on the site:

image.png.4f3de1f0ab07809e6f5bc718461dcc25.png

You should get points for your purchase, but they'll be negligible so you may not have noticed them: hardware only offers you 1 point per pound spent (rather than the 20 points per pound spent on software, assuming XBLG membership). Per the footnote on the Microsoft Store website:

image.png.8c55f5fb43dbe163a7b91de305df12d8.png

(I'm assuming the 'per dollar' is a typo, given the rest of the page is, sensibly enough, in pounds, but who knows; maybe they do a conversion beforehand. Either way, you should be getting a few hundred points at most)

On 02/06/2021 at 21:01, ScouserInExile said:

For some reason, this isn't counting towards certain achievements. Like the climbing, jumping and walking ones aren't increasing as I play, but the drowning one is and gave me the achievement. 

Any ideas how to sort this? 

This worked for me today and said I got the achievement for climbing 100m on Wednesday. Weird. 

I didn't get my free sweepstake entries from the 2000 point thing though. 

On 04/06/2021 at 16:33, shirubagan said:

I wonder what the environmental impact of downloading a >50gb game that you’re going to delete immediately for something like 75 MS Reward points is. I bet it’s depressing. 

Stream it baby!

I wonder what the environmental impact of downloading a >50gb game that you’re going to delete immediately for something like 75 MS Reward points is. I bet it’s depressing. 

I thought this was a really interesting question, so I looked into it.

I found this paper: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/jiec.12181 from the PS3 era, I couldn't find it anything more recent.

Firstly it says that a 19GB download and above produces more carbon than a bluray. It has an interesting table and graph (spoiled for size):

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c00807816e2172551e200da98787712f.pngimage.png

To summarise, between 0.26 and 0.89 kg of eCO2 (equivalent) per GB. So somewhere between 13 and 45 kg of CO2 for a 50Gb game. For comparison a beef burger (and it's share of all the raising of cow, manufacture, transport, etc) comes in at about 3kgs.

The fantastic book "how bad is a banana?" tells you the eCO2 cost of a load of things (but not games). For reference, it suggests we stick to ideally a 5000kg annual limit ideally. 

Or in other words, people should probably feel as guilty about this as if they got the points by throwing away uneaten somewhere between 4 and 15 hamburgers.

EDIT: worth noting, that the book comes out broadly in favour of the internet. Whilst it burns a lot more CO2 than we realise, it's actually one of the cheapest ways (in terms of eCO2) for a human to spend their time.

I’ve not had any luck getting the fifa reward to trigger.  Scored loads of goals. No dice. 

Descenders, Outriders, all worked perfectly and the app updated progress frequently. Nothing for fifa. 

Make sure you have downloaded the right version of Fifa.

It needs to be the base Xbox One game and not the Series S/X optimised version.

I made the same mistake as well, as I did not realise at first there were two different versions.

On 02/06/2021 at 13:07, AK Bell said:

I've done the Olympic one, everything ticked off, but main page not showing it as done. Don't think I got the points. 

Samesies.

3 hours ago, jimmbob said:

Bollocking balls, just FYI with regards to today's This or That, Gerbils are NOT nocturnal. Little bastards!

Gerbils are metaturnal sleeping through parts of the day and night which is why they are a great pet for kids as they are active in the morning, afternoon and evening. 
 Sadly our 2nd one died this weekend and the house isn’t the same without the noise of the little bugger running his legs off on the wheel. 

There's also a 250 point card for getting an achievement in Knockout City which is on Gamepass but, surprise surprise, I can't activate it. I don't think I've been able to activate any of the 250 point ones for literally months.

1 hour ago, Majora said:

There's also a 250 point card for getting an achievement in Knockout City which is on Gamepass but, surprise surprise, I can't activate it. I don't think I've been able to activate any of the 250 point ones for literally months.

Don’t you have to actually buy it to get that reward? 

I must say, streaming is great for quickly getting some of the weekly and monthly rewards down. I did the Dragon Age one in no time on casual mode that way, skipping the dialogue. Looks like a fairly decent game too from the little I saw of it. 

1 hour ago, Majora said:

It’s for 2000 points, for purchasing the game.

I'd imagine it's about 30p

42 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Don’t you have to actually buy it to get that reward? 

I must say, streaming is great for quickly getting some of the weekly and monthly rewards down. I did the Dragon Age one in no time on casual mode that way, skipping the dialogue. Looks like a fairly decent game too from the little I saw of it. 

27 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

It’s for 2000 points, for purchasing the game.

No there’s a 250 point one for getting an achievement in the game too. It’s currently hiding under the show more menu of the featured offers section of the rewards app (which incidentally is also where the Gear 5 offer has disappeared to if you were wondering).

Alas as @Majora suggest it’s not working as hitting the first punch card does nothing

7 hours ago, Mortis said:

Punch card registered for me but bloody hell it’s stingy with the early cheevos. 

This guy always has videos for stuff like that. Haven’t used this one myself but you should have an achievement in 5 mins. 😀