Oh well, I feel justified in doing it the easy way earning (and not realising there would be points in it) the ‘Invincible’ achievement (finished a match without getting KOd). It’s a brilliant game btw, well worth playing beyond the points.

Idiot question: if I redeem a 25 quid card with points can I then use that off a purchase from the store like for the headset? I don't want to redeem it before I know for sure that's how you do it and not some different way for physical items.

I had a realisation earlier - I hardly ever bother with the daily 50pts for getting an achievement. This means I'm leaving more than 1500 points a month unclaimed, so I'm digging into the easiest achievements, now I've pretty much rinsed Killer Instinct...

8 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

I had a realisation earlier - I hardly ever bother with the daily 50pts for getting an achievement. This means I'm leaving more than 1500 points a month unclaimed, so I'm digging into the easiest achievements, now I've pretty much rinsed Killer Instinct...

That one builds up quite nicely. Worth having some easy story based game that rewards you every 10 mins for doing a bit, if you've not earned anything from another game. I save Killer Instinct and loading a game in Rare Replay for emergencies. 

9 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

The headset was in stock and now it isn't, so I don't know if I fannied too long or if the UI didn't update. Either way now I have to hope it comes back into stock before that expires :seanr:

It's in and out of stock all the time so you should be manage to get one sooner or later. Perhaps take a look on Stockinformer as they're monitoring it. 

Also if your credit does come worryingly close to expiring then spend the money on something and then return it (or cancel it if it's a preorder) and it'll be back on your account for X longer :).  

Usually updates every Tuesday - sometime around 6pm or so I think - but then also often takes a day or so for everything to settle down and actually be working.

34 minutes ago, Dan said:

He’s worse(and arguably as annoying as) than bloody Corden. 

He's not great, but come on - worse than Corden? Never. In. A. Million. Years. Corden is 'trapping your gonads in a waste disposal' tier, whereas Sheeran is just stinging nettle.

1 hour ago, rgraves said:

He's not great, but come on - worse than Corden? Never. In. A. Million. Years. Corden is 'trapping your gonads in a waste disposal' tier, whereas Sheeran is just stinging nettle.

I guess Corden was a bit strong, but his boring as fuck music and shit eating grin is rubbing those stinging nettles on your ball sack repeatedly. 

Am I right in thinking the daily "play a game pass game" quest is on a rolling 24 hour period from when you last played a game pass game, rather than going by calendar day? I usually play at night, which is when I earn that, but played Minecraft Dungeons for about an hour yesterday morning and it was only in the evening I realized it hadn't tripped.

4 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Am I right in thinking the daily "play a game pass game" quest is on a rolling 24 hour period from when you last played a game pass game, rather than going by calendar day? I usually play at night, which is when I earn that, but played Minecraft Dungeons for about an hour yesterday morning and it was only in the evening I realized it hadn't tripped.

Its once per day I think, but for me (in the UK) the day/24hr period is around 6pm to 6pm.

That would explain it, cheers. I did wonder if it was a quirk of Quick Resume*, as what I play tends to be there waiting for me. I couldn't be bothered to play late last night so powered up Dungeons on streaming. Felt stupidly self conscious about doing that, for some reason. 

*I have to stop attributing random nonsense to that.

44 minutes ago, Dan said:

I guess Corden was a bit strong

A bit? Corden is the benchmark for pricks, the gold standard in arseholes, the top trump of bellends. I'm angry just having to type stuff about him.

44 minutes ago, Dan said:

boring as fuck music and shit eating grin is rubbing those stinging nettles on your ball sack repeatedly. 

Which I'd still rather do than watch anything with Corden in it.

Sorry, I'll stop - Corden just grrrrrr. I'd never tire of punching his smug face. Never.

31 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Tomorrow's Daily Poll:

Whose face would you rather punch?

1. James Corden

2. Ed Sheeran

I genuinely don't know if I'd be able to decide. 

James Cordon definitely, although I would never use violence, well it wouldn’t be my first choice, I might flick his ear then run away, 

Corden is slightly less ubiquitous. You never know when Sheeran will appear to ruin something. You can be listening to an Eminem album and the creepy goblin suddenly pipes up with his pishy tory boy rapping, ffs.  Corden mostly confines himself to Cordeny things. 

Therefore Sheeran. 

Remember that popular fad in the early 2000s where you'd send someone a link to an ordinary looking site, video or flash game and after a few minutes a scary face and would appear along with a horrible noise? He's the modern version of that. 

I don't know like. Corden used to be confined to a handful of British shows, but now as well as having his own American show, there is always the danger that his voice will feature in any number of animated films. It's only a matter of time before he gets into video game voice work. Imagine enjoying a quality game and then his annoying cunt voice comes on and ruins your experience.