Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

21 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Also is that U2 building a real thing, what the hell is that? 

It's got some great elevation, which can give you vertigo. I'd recommend going to see it, but it's hard to find since around there the streets have no name. I tried to one it last Sunday bloody Sunday, but I still haven't found what I'm looking for. Either way, it'll be there with or without you seeing it. 

I'll stop now. 

6 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

It's got some great elevation, which can give you vertigo. I'd recommend going to see it, but it's hard to find since around there the streets have no name. I tried to one it last Sunday bloody Sunday, but I still haven't found what I'm looking for. Either way, it'll be there with or without you seeing it. 

I'll stop now. 

Would you say it’s even better than the real thing, then? 

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

Would you say it’s even better than the real thing, then? 

You can tell the architect took a lot of Pride in designing it. It’s Magnificent. These architects work in Mysterious Ways, although some would say that’s the Sweetest Thing about them…

If you do plan on going to see it, make it 4th July, as that’s always a Beautiful Day. It’s not far from the underground, just make sure you get off at the Zoo Station.

Good news: the State Of Decay punchcard is now activating (even tho it still links to the same video).

Bad news: The new monthly quest for getting 5000 influence in Forza Horizon 4 doesn't work. If you select it in the Rewards app, it says "Recruit two survivors". Er ...

22 minutes ago, peeveen said:

Good news: the State Of Decay punchcard is now activating (even tho it still links to the same video).

Bad news: The new monthly quest for getting 5000 influence in Forza Horizon 4 doesn't work. If you select it in the Rewards app, it says "Recruit two survivors". Er ...

I've just done the FH4 one. Smashed a 5000 point influence board and could then cash it in. It didn't pop up to tell me, though. Which is something I've noticed on my new S - achievements complete but don't show. I get a notification on the mobile app before it pops up on console.

Oh look, another fucking Black Desert quest. How original, I definitely haven't done the same thing three times already.

24 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

I've just done the FH4 one. Smashed a 5000 point influence board and could then cash it in.

Launching straight into my Quick Resume session didn't seem to work. I did a showcase event and smashed several boards and it didn't budge.

I had to actually quit and restart the game for it to start tracking. Done now. Cheers.

1 hour ago, ScouserInExile said:

I've just done the FH4 one. Smashed a 5000 point influence board and could then cash it in. It didn't pop up to tell me, though. Which is something I've noticed on my new S - achievements complete but don't show. I get a notification on the mobile app before it pops up on console.

Oh look, another fucking Black Desert quest. How original, I definitely haven't done the same thing three times already.

Ooh you’ve got your new console, what do you think? 

2 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Ooh you’ve got your new console, what do you think? 

I suddenly barely see loading screens. One of the issues I was having with FH4 is that it took literally about 5 minutes to load into the game, then would spend more time looking at loading screens than playing, because it took a while to fast travel, change cars, load races and so on. It's all almost instant now.

I can't see any difference in the actual game, though. I imagine the frame rate is higher, but I don't tend to notice these things to be honest. 

Loving the controller.

22 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

I suddenly barely see loading screens. One of the issues I was having with FH4 is that it took literally about 5 minutes to load into the game, then would spend more time looking at loading screens than playing, because it took a while to fast travel, change cars, load races and so on. It's all almost instant now.

I can't see any difference in the actual game, though. I imagine the frame rate is higher, but I don't tend to notice these things to be honest. 

Loving the controller.

Yes it’s a game changer the loading, I’ve got so used to it now I couldn’t go back. And yeah I think Horizon 4 is now 60fps. 

Glad you’re enjoying it :)

I’m on a rewards kick at the moment as I want to buy an expensive new game and could do with the money off. However none of the ‘play’ quests (i.e. UFC 4, play a GamePass game, play 3 GamePass games, etc) are working for me. I really don’t think I can be arsed to raise a ticket with customer support - has anyone found a reliable way to jumpstart this, seeing as it’s a common issue now?

Also I played Black Desert earlier to get those points - I’m struggling to think of a game experience I’ve legitimately hated more than that interminable 15 minutes. Genuinely headache-inducing and pretty much everything about it is the opposite of what I want from gaming. 

1 minute ago, Novelty Bobble said:

I’m on a rewards kick at the moment as I want to buy an expensive new game and could do with the money off. However none of the ‘play’ quests (i.e. UFC 4, play a GamePass game, play 3 GamePass games, etc) are working for me. I really don’t think I can be arsed to raise a ticket with customer support - has anyone found a reliable way to jumpstart this, seeing as it’s a common issue now?

I've got this same issue. Any of the rewards that require you to just play a game are not working. I raised a ticket last Tuesday and the last response that I had from MS was to tell me that they're still looking into the problem and will get back to me when there is any update. I'm keeping a note of all of the rewards that I can't get, so I can get them to credit me with those once they've got to the bottom of it. Probably worth you doing the same as you can potentially miss out on the 1000 point monthly reward if they don't get it fixed sharpish.

13 hours ago, Stanley said:

Felt dirty getting the UFC one, downloaded it (it ain’t streaming) started it, got the reward, deleted it, for 25 points 😬

Yeah, I did the same. It didn't even launch properly, because my daughter was playing Minecraft on my account downstairs. 

I have, however, discovered I quite like Sniper Elite 4 as a direct result of it having a quest this week. Not normally my sort of thing, but I played through the first level yesterday and really enjoyed it. 

12 hours ago, Novelty Bobble said:

Also I played Black Desert earlier to get those points - I’m struggling to think of a game experience I’ve legitimately hated more than that interminable 15 minutes. Genuinely headache-inducing and pretty much everything about it is the opposite of what I want from gaming. 

As I mentioned above, this is the third or fourth time there's been a Black Desert quest and I've hated it every time. Weirdly, the Black Desert thread made it to the top of Discussion yesterday, but it's almost entirely the same poster saying how much they love it. To the point where I wondered if they were one of the devs or something. 

I’m going to give Sniper Elite a proper go I think, I enjoyed Battlefield V and completed the campaign following some reward or other despite not really liking militaristic games normally. 

There's a 250pts punchcard for getting any achievement in Flight Simulator. If you haven't played it, evidently there's one for completing the first task in what is presumably the tutorial. 

It's been quite a fruitful morning for me today:

Hit 20 weeks on the weeklies - 2600pts

Did the State of Decay punchcard and quest - 575pts

That got me my daily 50pts 

Got a couple of the monthlies for completing quests and playing games, plus the daily searches for a couple of hundred. 

Gotta be three and a half grand right there. 

2 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

As I mentioned above, this is the third or fourth time there's been a Black Desert quest and I've hated it every time. Weirdly, the Black Desert thread made it to the top of Discussion yesterday, but it's almost entirely the same poster saying how much they love it. To the point where I wondered if they were one of the devs or something. 

Reading up on it, there's apparently an intriguing game underneath all the nonsense, but I haven't seen a game put you off playing it so quickly.

I guess someone on the Rewards team has a thing for obtuse Korean MMOs.

25 minutes ago, James Lyon said:

I guess someone on the Rewards team has a thing for obtuse Korean MMOs.

I've sometimes wondered whether they do little deals to have games featured in the reward quests. Nothing huge but they do act as drivers to the featured games. It would certainly explain why a game like Black Desert is showcased over and over again for no apparent reason.

34 minutes ago, Majora said:

I've sometimes wondered whether they do little deals to have games featured in the reward quests. Nothing huge but they do act as drivers to the featured games. It would certainly explain why a game like Black Desert is showcased over and over again for no apparent reason.

Either that or someone's too lazy to program in new quests. :lol:

Just now, James Lyon said:

Either that or someone's too lazy to program in new quests. :lol:

Considering that the rewards system seems to be held together with string and sticky tape, it wouldn't surprise me that they just stick to quests that they know will work.

1 hour ago, Majora said:

Most of the quests rely on a game tracking some kind of statistic (walked X miles, killed Y enemies, etc) via that specific facility in the Xbox framework. I'm gonna guess that only a small percentage of the GamePass catalogue actually does this. It's additional, largely-pointless work for any cross-platform title to implement it.

2 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

There's a 250pts punchcard for getting any achievement in Flight Simulator. If you haven't played it, evidently there's one for completing the first task in what is presumably the tutorial. 

It's been quite a fruitful morning for me today:

Hit 20 weeks on the weeklies - 2600pts

Did the State of Decay punchcard and quest - 575pts

That got me my daily 50pts 

Got a couple of the monthlies for completing quests and playing games, plus the daily searches for a couple of hundred. 

Gotta be three and a half grand right there. 

Damn I just got one last night for a dead stick landing, and they’re quite hard to get any bar the very first one for just doing anything in the game 

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

Damn I just got one last night for a dead stick landing, and they’re quite hard to get any bar the very first one for just doing anything in the game 

Have you done the change the weather one (I just did that one) or the ones for looking at an animal or stared location for three seconds with the drone?

I've just noticed that since they added the premium (ie., no ads) subscription to Game Pass, loading up Microsoft Solitaire on my phone counts as the "play game pass" daily quest. I strongly suspected this, as that has been ready to hand in these last 2 days without me even loading the Xbox, but proved it today by refreshing the GP app and checking it wasn't there, loading solitaire, then going back and refreshing to see it ready to hand in.

So, maybe handy for daily quests if you're away from your console and don't want to set xCloud going.

Complete aside but I did some calculations earlier based on when I last wiped out my points. Over 9 and a bit months, it's working out at exactly 12k a month, just enough to pay for GPU. 

12 hours ago, TehStu said:

Complete aside but I did some calculations earlier based on when I last wiped out my points. Over 9 and a bit months, it's working out at exactly 12k a month, just enough to pay for GPU. 

I’m sure you know, but the best points to return ratio for GPU is to get 3 months of Gold for 15k which converts to 50 days of GPU on a current sub.